|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wise Blood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Motes' landlady at the end of the story?
(a) Mrs. Hatchet.
(b) Mrs. Howe.
(c) Mrs. Flood.
(d) Mrs. Gold.
2. What does Enoch Emory believe is "the new Jesus"?
(a) A mummy.
(b) A gorilla.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A baby.
3. What topic of conversation arises right before Motes dies that forces him to leave the house, swearing he will never return?
4. In what state did Motes grow up?
(a) New Mexico.
5. What does Mrs. Watts do for a living?
(a) She is a police officer.
(b) She is an exotic dancer.
(c) She is a drug dealer.
(d) She is a prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Enoch Emory work?
2. What does the blind preacher ask for in exchange for repentance of sins?
3. How old was Hazel Motes when he was drafted into the army?
4. Which of his mother's possessions did Motes bring with him when he joined the military?
5. What did Motes' grandfather do for a living when he was still alive?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)