|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Violent Bear it Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Mason's neighbors give Francis a drink of water when he requests one from them?
(a) To save their water for the cattle, who need it.
(b) Because they don't have any fresh water on their farm.
(c) To punish him for burning down the house.
(d) Because they don't recognize him.
2. How is Motes' car destroyed?
(a) It is blown up.
(b) It is set on fire by an arsonist.
(c) It is smashed in a crash.
(d) It is pushed over a cliff.
3. What is Francis' first impression of Rayber?
(a) That he is a heathen.
(b) That he is a prophet.
(c) That he is a wimp.
(d) That he is a kind man.
4. Where did Motes' family disappear off to before he arrived home?
(a) To see the mountains in Colorado.
(b) Motes doesn't know where his family went.
(c) To visit relatives in Michigan.
(d) To find work in Mexico.
5. How long did Hazel Motes spend in the military before returning home?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 6 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the church that Motes preaches for?
2. What sin causes Motes to fill his shoes in Taulkinham?
3. Where does the first truck driver tell Francis he belongs when he drops him off at the side of the road?
4. What does Motes use to blind himself?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the sleeping berth where Motes sleeps on his way home from the military?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)