|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Everything That Rises Must Converge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters shouted these words: "The prophet I raise up out of this boy will burn your eyes clean!" ?
(a) Bernice Bishop.
(b) Francis Tarwater.
(c) George Rayber.
(d) Mason Tarwater.
2. How old is Mary Fortune in the story "A View of the Woods"?
3. How does Hazel Motes travel home after his stint in the military?
(a) By train.
(b) By airplane.
(c) By taxi.
(d) By boat.
4. What does Rayber give Francis in case he should want to baptize Bishop over dinner?
(a) A bottle of water.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) A bowl of water.
(d) A pot of water.
5. Who collects Motes' government checks after he blinds himself?
(b) Asa Hawks.
(d) Mrs. Watts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Motes' landlady at the end of the story?
2. At what time of day does Motes reach his old homestead after serving time in the military?
3. Which of the following daydreams does Julian NOT have during his bus ride into the city with his mother?
4. What does Rayber say to the innkeeper that deeply annoys Francis?
5. How did Asa Hawks become blind?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)