|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Murray do when he enters the apartment?
2. Who offered Murray the job for a quiz show?
3. What does Sandra tell Murray he lives in?
4. Who says they can't decide whether Murray is "either wonderfully independent or extraordinarily selfish"?
5. What does Nick claim the potato chips are?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of the bonds of family is used in a different ways in A Thousand Clowns. Discuss the ways this theme is used and between which people it is most apparent. How does this theme affect each character in the play? Are only blood relatives involved? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of selfishness shown in this play? Discuss the characters that are most affected by this theme and explain the way they are affected.
Essay Topic 3
In the play, A Thousand Clowns Murray Burns and Arnold Burns are brothers. Even though they are related, Murray and Arnold are completely different people. Compare and contrast the two brothers in detail. Explain their relationship to one another and how they affect each other during the play.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)