|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leo try to prove to Nick that his material is funny?
2. Who says, "apologies are the most welcome form of communication"?
3. What does Sandra tell Murray he lives in?
4. What kind of job offer did Murray get for a quiz show?
5. What does Nick do when Leo starts to get angry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of selfishness shown in this play? Discuss the characters that are most affected by this theme and explain the way they are affected.
Essay Topic 2
Herb Gardner does a fine job of developing the character of Murray Burns. Describe in detail the characterization of Murray Burns from the start of the play to the end of the play. Make sure to include details about Murray's physical characteristics, his actions, his reactions, and even perhaps what his thoughts may be. Include specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of the bonds of family is used in a different ways in A Thousand Clowns. Discuss the ways this theme is used and between which people it is most apparent. How does this theme affect each character in the play? Are only blood relatives involved? Why or why not?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)