Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Yeah, I have a way with animals"?
2. What does Murray look around and notice is missing?
3. Who says, "Murray, you float like a balloon and everybody's waitin' for ya with a pin"?
4. What does Leo say he's surrounded by?
5. Murray starts walking towards the door and says he wants to congratulate whom?
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of selfishness shown in this play? Discuss the characters that are most affected by this theme and explain the way they are affected.
Essay Topic 2
The protagonist in the play is Murray Burns. When a protagonist of a story doesn't quite live up to hero status, he or she is sometimes referred to as an anti-hero. Discuss the ways that Murray Burns proves to the reader that he is an anti-hero. Do these qualities make him more likable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
A Thousand Clowns was nominated for a Tony award for Best Play in 1963. Describe what elements in the story make it a good candidate for a successful play. Why? Also discuss elements that might not be as good or desirable and why you feel this way. Would you want to see a play like this on Broadway? Why or why not?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)