|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Murray look around and notice is missing?
2. What song does Murray play in the background while he puts his apartment back to the way it was?
3. How does Leo try to prove to Nick that his material is funny?
4. What does Nick tell Murray is a name for a short person?
5. Where does Act 2, Part 2, take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the play, A Thousand Clowns Murray Burns and Arnold Burns are brothers. Even though they are related, Murray and Arnold are completely different people. Compare and contrast the two brothers in detail. Explain their relationship to one another and how they affect each other during the play.
Essay Topic 2
Because Murray has been raising Nick for the past seven years, what habits and characteristics of Murray have rubbed off on Nick? Do you think Murray or Nick acts more like the adult in most situations? Why do you think this and why do you think it's that way? Do you think Murray is glad for the opportunity of raising his nephew? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of selfishness shown in this play? Discuss the characters that are most affected by this theme and explain the way they are affected.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)