|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "apologies are the most welcome form of communication"?
2. What is Murray and Arnold's last name?
3. What is Sandra carrying from the kitchen when Nick enters from the fire escape?
4. Nick claims all the girls at school are taller than him, especially who?
5. What does Murray stand on the corner of Fifty-first and 'Lex saying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in this play? Describe and discuss specific examples of foreshadowing in A Thousand Clowns.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of the bonds of family is used in a different ways in A Thousand Clowns. Discuss the ways this theme is used and between which people it is most apparent. How does this theme affect each character in the play? Are only blood relatives involved? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of selfishness shown in this play? Discuss the characters that are most affected by this theme and explain the way they are affected.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)