|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened in the children's session that Sandra was put in charge of in grad school?
2. What name is very musical according to Murray?
3. How does Leo try to prove to Nick that his material is funny?
4. When Murray sees the apartment, who does he say he's been attacked by?
5. What does Murray stand on the corner of Fifty-first and 'Lex saying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in this play? Describe and discuss specific examples of foreshadowing in A Thousand Clowns.
Essay Topic 2
The protagonist in the play is Murray Burns. When a protagonist of a story doesn't quite live up to hero status, he or she is sometimes referred to as an anti-hero. Discuss the ways that Murray Burns proves to the reader that he is an anti-hero. Do these qualities make him more likable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Because Murray has been raising Nick for the past seven years, what habits and characteristics of Murray have rubbed off on Nick? Do you think Murray or Nick acts more like the adult in most situations? Why do you think this and why do you think it's that way? Do you think Murray is glad for the opportunity of raising his nephew? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,353 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)