Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Yeah, I have a way with animals"?
2. What does Murray look around and notice is missing?
3. Who says, "Murray, you float like a balloon and everybody's waitin' for ya with a pin"?
4. What does Leo say he's surrounded by?
5. Murray starts walking towards the door and says he wants to congratulate whom?
Essay Topic 1
Albert and Sandra are Child Welfare agents in the play A Thousand Clowns. Besides working together as partners, Sandra and Albert are also dating at the beginning of the play. Compare and contrast Sandra and Albert's characters in detail. Do they make good working partners? Why or why not? Do they make a good couple? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
By the end of Act 1 in the play, Sandra and Murray have become quite close. Why do you think they "hit it off" so easily? What qualities in Murray do you think Sandra is attracted to? What qualities in Sandra would benefit Murray in a relationship? Is this a relationship that can last? Why or why not? How do you think a relationship between Sandra and Murray would affect Nick? Would it be good or bad for Nick?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of selfishness shown in this play? Discuss the characters that are most affected by this theme and explain the way they are affected.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)