|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened in the children's session that Sandra was put in charge of in grad school?
2. How long ago was the photograph taken of Arnold's children that he has on his desk?
3. What does Arnold tell Leo had happened to the phone?
4. What kind of atmosphere does Murray state that Sandra has started to get rid of in his apartment?
5. What song does Murray play in the background while he puts his apartment back to the way it was?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the play, A Thousand Clowns Murray Burns and Arnold Burns are brothers. Even though they are related, Murray and Arnold are completely different people. Compare and contrast the two brothers in detail. Explain their relationship to one another and how they affect each other during the play.
Essay Topic 2
The protagonist in the play is Murray Burns. When a protagonist of a story doesn't quite live up to hero status, he or she is sometimes referred to as an anti-hero. Discuss the ways that Murray Burns proves to the reader that he is an anti-hero. Do these qualities make him more likable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Because Murray has been raising Nick for the past seven years, what habits and characteristics of Murray have rubbed off on Nick? Do you think Murray or Nick acts more like the adult in most situations? Why do you think this and why do you think it's that way? Do you think Murray is glad for the opportunity of raising his nephew? Why or why not?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)