|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Albert's last name?
2. How much does Murray say the double features cost at the movie theater?
3. Nick and Murray try to guess where Sandra comes from based on what?
4. What type of animal does Nick's mother have with her?
5. Who warns Murray that "those people don't kid around"?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the curtain goes up at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1, what is Murray doing?
2. Who is Irving R. Feldman and why is his name brought up in the play, <i>A Thousand Clowns</i>?
3. When Murray calls Margo, what message does she tell Margo to relate to Arnold?
4. With what does Sandra say she identifies?
5. Describe what is happening at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2.
6. Describe what Arnold's office looks like.
7. Describe some of the people and experiences that Murray has during his "apology spree."
8. When Albert takes Sandra aside to have a private conversation, what do they talk about?
9. Murray tells Albert that he quit <i>The Chuckles the Chipmunk Show</i>. What reasons does Murray give Albert for quitting the show?
10. Describe Sandra and Murray's morning routine in Act 2, Part 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in this play? Describe and discuss specific examples of foreshadowing in A Thousand Clowns.
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of selfishness shown in this play? Discuss the characters that are most affected by this theme and explain the way they are affected.
Essay Topic 3
In the play, A Thousand Clowns Murray Burns and Arnold Burns are brothers. Even though they are related, Murray and Arnold are completely different people. Compare and contrast the two brothers in detail. Explain their relationship to one another and how they affect each other during the play.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)