|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandra ask for after peeking out at Murray?
2. Who says, "You're not a person, Mr. Burns, you are an experience"?
3. What does Murray do for <i>The Chuckles the Chipmunk Show</i>?
4. What brand of coffee do Sandra and Murray drink?
5. What does Nick suggest Murray do before Child Welfare comes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Albert think Nick should leave the room?
2. Describe Albert.
3. What does Arnold tell Murray is the one thing that really bothers Murray and that is his problem?
4. When Nick asks Murray if he has been looking for a job, what does Murray confess to him?
5. As the curtain goes up at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1, what is Murray doing?
6. What does Leo suggest Murray include in the show?
7. Why does Sandra feel the need to apologize to Murray after her argument with Albert?
8. When Murray's sister, Elaine, showed up at his apartment, what things did she bring with her?
9. Describe Sandra and Murray's morning routine in Act 2, Part 1.
10. What happens when Murray heads to the door on his way to congratulate Irving R. Feldmen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in this play? Describe and discuss specific examples of foreshadowing in A Thousand Clowns.
Essay Topic 2
In the play, A Thousand Clowns, characters mask their insecurities in specific ways. Name three characters from the play that put on a mask of protection. Discuss each character in detail. What do they do to protect themselves from the outside world? Are the methods each of these characters use always effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Murray's character develops and changes throughout the play. Describe the process of Murray's character development beginning with Act 1 and working your way through Act 3. What instances in Murray's "journey" affect him as a character? What other characters help shape Murray into a different person? Murray doesn't change in every way. What personal characteristics remain the same? Why?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)