|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Nick do an impression of when Sandra is questioning him?
(a) Peter Lorre.
(c) Mickey Mouse.
(d) Fred Astaire.
2. What does Arnold leave as he enters?
(a) A job contract.
(b) A bag of fruit.
(c) A photo album.
(d) A newspaper.
3. What type of book(s) does Nick enter the room with?
(a) "Educational books."
(b) The Bible.
(c) A phone book.
(d) Picture books.
4. At what age does Nick have to agree on a name that he wants?
5. What is the name of the person that Nick has been staying with when Murray is "working"?
(a) Mrs. Hansen.
(b) Mr. Lincoln.
(c) Mr. Mullen.
(d) Mrs. Myers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nick and Murray try to guess where Sandra comes from based on what?
2. What does Murray say he always takes in his martini?
3. When did Murray realize that it was time to quit his job with the children's show?
4. In Act 1, Part 1 where does Nick say he's been staying?
5. What type of instruments do Nick and Murray play for Sandra?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Nick asks Murray if he has been looking for a job, what does Murray confess to him?
2. What type of game do Murray and Nick play while Albert and Sandra are at the apartment?
3. Describe Albert.
4. What does Arnold mean when he tells Murray to leave the dragons alone?
5. Why does Sandra consider herself not to be a leader?
6. Why does Sandra feel the need to apologize to Murray after her argument with Albert?
7. Why doesn't Nick have a name and how did Murray decide to call the child Nick?
8. Who is Irving R. Feldman and why is his name brought up in the play, <i>A Thousand Clowns</i>?
9. With what does Sandra say she identifies?
10. Describe Murray and Nick's "act" that they perform for Leo.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)