|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As part of his morning routine, whom does Murray call?
(b) His mother.
(c) A pre-recorded weather announcement.
(d) His brother.
2. What does Nick say he remembers about his mother?
(a) Her big feet.
(b) Her long fingernails.
(c) Her soft hair.
(d) Her terrific laugh.
3. What does Murray do when Albert and Sandra prepare to leave?
(a) He opens the door for them.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He tells Nick to show them out.
(d) He tells Albert to leave but Sandra to stay.
4. Where does Murray joke about putting Nick's milk?
(a) In a bottle.
(b) In a dog dish.
(c) In a jug.
(d) In a shot glass.
5. In Act 1, Part 1 where does Nick say he's been staying?
(a) With his best friend from school.
(b) In the vacant apartment next door.
(c) With the upstairs neighbors.
(d) At the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do we first see when the lights come up in the first scene?
2. What does Nick leave to do after he lets Albert and Sandra in?
3. What is the name of the school that Nick attends?
4. What is Murray ignoring that Nick finds out about?
5. How old is Nick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Murray's lunch with Jimmy Sloan?
2. Describe some of the funny parts of Leo's routine that Nick doesn't think is funny.
3. With what does Sandra say she identifies?
4. Describe the opening scene as the play begins in Act 1, Part 1.
5. After Murray starts talking about how he was apologizing to random people on the street, what is Sandra's reaction?
6. What happens when Sandra starts asking Murray about the job interview?
7. When Albert takes Sandra aside to have a private conversation, what do they talk about?
8. Describe Leo's appearance as he enters Murray's apartment.
9. Describe the last scene before the curtains close on the final act.
10. Describe Sandra and Murray's morning routine in Act 2, Part 1.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)