|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school that Nick attends?
(a) The Americana School.
(b) George Washington.
(c) The Revere School.
(d) The Justice School.
2. When Albert and Sandra start to get angry at each other, where does Murray suggest they all go?
(a) The movies.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) The park.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
3. What does Nick's mother come back to collect that she had abandoned?
(a) Her coat.
(b) Her dog.
(c) Her son.
(d) A suitcase.
4. Where does Murray admit he's been when he was supposed to be looking for a job?
(a) The library.
(b) Going out on dates.
(c) The movies.
(d) Going to the Statue of Liberty.
5. What has Murray avoided from the Child Welfare?
(b) Phone calls and letters.
(c) Phone calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the play begins, what do we hear?
2. How long has Nick been "visiting"?
3. Where does Murray live?
4. What does Nick say he remembers about his mother?
5. Before Albert leaves the apartment in Act 1, Part 3, what does he call Murray?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leo suggest Murray include in the show?
2. When Nick asks Murray if he has been looking for a job, what does Murray confess to him?
3. After Murray starts talking about how he was apologizing to random people on the street, what is Sandra's reaction?
4. What happens during Murray's lunch with Jimmy Sloan?
5. Describe Sandra.
6. What does it mean when Arnold tells Murray that he floats around like a balloon and everyone is waiting around with a pin?
7. What is Leo's breakdown for the time allotment with his show?
8. Describe Albert.
9. Who is Irving R. Feldman and why is his name brought up in the play, <i>A Thousand Clowns</i>?
10. Describe what Arnold's office looks like.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)