|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Nick go to school?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is celebrating Irving R. Feldman's birthday.
(c) Murray tells him to stay home because Murray wants to go sightseeing.
(d) Because he slept in.
2. What is the color of Sandra's eyes?
3. When Albert comes to the door, how do Murray and Sandra know he is there?
(a) He knocks on the door.
(b) He shouts Sandra's name.
(c) He rings the doorbell.
(d) He shouts Murray's name.
4. Before Albert leaves the apartment in Act 1, Part 3, what does he call Murray?
5. What is Murray ignoring that Nick finds out about?
(a) Phone calls from Arnold.
(b) Letters from Child Welfare.
(c) The weather announcement.
(d) The newspaper ads.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal does Nick's mother have with her?
2. What does Sandra ask for after peeking out at Murray?
3. Who is Margo?
4. Who is Murray's brother?
5. What did last night's "work" leave behind?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the last scene before the curtains close on the final act.
2. Describe some of the people and experiences that Murray has during his "apology spree."
3. What does Arnold tell Murray is the one thing that really bothers Murray and that is his problem?
4. When Nick enters in Act 3, Part 1, he states that because Murray has gone out to find a job that he has decided that he needs to take care of a matter also. What matter is this and what has Nick done?
5. Murray asks Nick why Nick hasn't told him about the situation at school and Nick replies that he hasn't seen Murray in a few days. Why haven't they seen each other and where has Nick been?
6. Describe the part of Murray's speech where he describes Nick as a list maker.
7. When Murray calls Margo, what message does she tell Margo to relate to Arnold?
8. When Sandra tells Murray she isn't sure if he is independent or selfish, how does Murray reply?
9. With what does Sandra say she identifies?
10. What happens during Murray's lunch with Jimmy Sloan?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)