|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it as the first scene opens?
(c) Nine-forty five.
2. What type of animal does Nick's mother have with her?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A parakeet.
(d) A cat.
3. When Albert and Sandra start to get angry at each other, where does Murray suggest they all go?
(a) The movies.
(b) The Statue of Liberty.
(c) The Empire State Building.
(d) The park.
4. How tall is Nick's plastic hula dancer?
(a) Four feet.
(b) Three feet.
(c) Two feet.
(d) One foot.
5. Who does Murray call "courageous, free one"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months has Murray been out of work?
2. How does Murray deal with difficulty and confrontation?
3. Where does Murray admit he's been when he was supposed to be looking for a job?
4. After Sandra tries to rush to the bathroom, what does Murray hand her?
5. What type of instruments do Nick and Murray play for Sandra?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Murray calls Margo, what message does she tell Margo to relate to Arnold?
2. Describe Bubbles.
3. What does Arnold tell Murray is the one thing that really bothers Murray and that is his problem?
4. Describe the opening scene as the play begins in Act 1, Part 1.
5. With what does Sandra say she identifies?
6. Who is Irving R. Feldman and why is his name brought up in the play, <i>A Thousand Clowns</i>?
7. What happens when Murray heads to the door on his way to congratulate Irving R. Feldmen?
8. Describe Murray and Nick's "act" that they perform for Leo.
9. Describe Murray.
10. What is Leo's breakdown for the time allotment with his show?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)