|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As part of his morning routine, whom does Murray call?
(a) His brother.
(b) A pre-recorded weather announcement.
(d) His mother.
2. In Act 1, Part 1 where does Nick say he's been staying?
(a) At the library.
(b) In the vacant apartment next door.
(c) With the upstairs neighbors.
(d) With his best friend from school.
3. How many days does Murray have before he has to appear before the Board?
4. Why doesn't Nick go to school?
(a) He is sick.
(b) Murray tells him to stay home because Murray wants to go sightseeing.
(c) Because he slept in.
(d) He is celebrating Irving R. Feldman's birthday.
5. What is an "O.W." child according to Albert?
(a) An out-of-wedlock child.
(b) An out-of-wisdom child.
(c) An other woman's child.
(d) An older wiser child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of book(s) does Nick enter the room with?
2. What does Nick collect after putting down his instrument?
3. What time is it as the first scene opens?
4. Nick and Murray try to guess where Sandra comes from based on what?
5. What does Bubbles do when she is turned on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sandra feel the need to apologize to Murray after her argument with Albert?
2. Describe Murray and Nick's "act" that they perform for Leo.
3. Why does Sandra consider herself not to be a leader?
4. Murray asks Nick why Nick hasn't told him about the situation at school and Nick replies that he hasn't seen Murray in a few days. Why haven't they seen each other and where has Nick been?
5. Describe the part of Murray's speech where he describes Nick as a list maker.
6. What happens during Murray's lunch with Jimmy Sloan?
7. What does Arnold tell Murray is the one thing that really bothers Murray and that is his problem?
8. How does Sandra's demeanor change after the doorbell rings at Murray's apartment and she hears that Albert is at the door?
9. When Murray's sister, Elaine, showed up at his apartment, what things did she bring with her?
10. While Albert and Sandra are having their private conversation, Murray is doing peculiar things while he waits. Describe what Murray is doing to keep himself occupied while he waits for Albert and Sandra.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)