|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bubbles do when she is turned on?
(a) She sings.
(b) She plays music.
(c) Her eyes blink.
(d) Her hips wiggle and her breasts light up.
2. What does Sandra look for while Murray is calling Arnold to discuss interviews?
(a) A suit.
(b) A tie.
(c) Her files.
3. What is surrounding Murray's bed at the opening of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A blanket.
(c) A screen.
(d) Some old curtains.
4. What does Sandra ask for after peeking out at Murray?
(a) A toothbrush.
(b) Her clothes.
(d) A bathrobe.
5. Who is the protagonist in <i>A Thousand Clowns</i>?
(b) Irving R. Feldman.
(c) Chuckles the Chipmunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opens the door for Albert and Sandra when they first arrive?
2. What does Arnold leave as he enters?
3. How tall is Nick's plastic hula dancer?
4. How much does Sandra say it cost her parents for her to go to school?
5. Nick tries to cheer Murray up and suggests they visit what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Murray want Arnold to get angry?
2. When Murray calls Margo, what message does she tell Margo to relate to Arnold?
3. Sandra starts sobbing about a lot of different things that are frustrating her about her job and her life. Describe some of the things that she is crying about to Murray at the end of Act 1, Part 3.
4. Describe Bubbles.
5. Describe Nick.
6. Describe the part of Murray's speech where he describes Nick as a list maker.
7. As the curtain goes up at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1, what is Murray doing?
8. Describe Murray and Nick's "act" that they perform for Leo.
9. What does Arnold tell Murray is the one thing that really bothers Murray and that is his problem?
10. Murray asks Nick why Nick hasn't told him about the situation at school and Nick replies that he hasn't seen Murray in a few days. Why haven't they seen each other and where has Nick been?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)