|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Albert carrying?
(b) A calculator.
(d) A small briefcase.
2. Who is the protagonist in <i>A Thousand Clowns</i>?
(a) Irving R. Feldman.
(d) Chuckles the Chipmunk.
3. When Murray sits on the swivel chair, where does Sandra sit?
(a) On the kitchen counter.
(b) On the couch.
(c) On his lap.
(d) On the bed.
4. How long has Nick been "visiting"?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Two years.
5. What has Murray avoided from the Child Welfare?
(c) Phone calls and letters.
(d) Phone calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Murray lives above what?
2. What does Murray shout into the phone after picking it up when it rings?
3. What does Albert suggest Nick do so that Sandra can ask her questions?
4. When Murray opens the door for Albert, where does Sandra go?
5. Whom do we first see when the lights come up in the first scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the last scene before the curtains close on the final act.
2. Describe Albert.
3. When Nick enters in Act 3, Part 1, he states that because Murray has gone out to find a job that he has decided that he needs to take care of a matter also. What matter is this and what has Nick done?
4. What does Arnold tell Murray is the one thing that really bothers Murray and that is his problem?
5. What is the "situation" at school that Nick needs to discuss with Murray?
6. Why does Murray want Arnold to get angry?
7. What does Leo suggest Murray include in the show?
8. Murray asks Nick why Nick hasn't told him about the situation at school and Nick replies that he hasn't seen Murray in a few days. Why haven't they seen each other and where has Nick been?
9. Why does Arnold come to Murray's apartment in Act 3, Part 1?
10. How does Sandra's demeanor change after the doorbell rings at Murray's apartment and she hears that Albert is at the door?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)