|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Murray admit he's been when he was supposed to be looking for a job?
(a) The library.
(b) Going to the Statue of Liberty.
(c) The movies.
(d) Going out on dates.
2. In Act 1, Part 1 where does Nick say he's been staying?
(a) At the library.
(b) With his best friend from school.
(c) In the vacant apartment next door.
(d) With the upstairs neighbors.
3. How many days old is the paper from which Nick suggests several jobs for Murray?
4. Where does Nick exit at the end of Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Through his bedroom door.
(b) Out the window.
(c) He doesn't exit; he stays in the kitchen.
(d) Out the front door.
5. How is Nick related to Murray?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Murray realize that it was time to quit his job with the children's show?
2. What type of animal does Nick's mother have with her?
3. How is Sandra going to start redecorating?
4. What time is it as the first scene opens?
5. What does Murray suggest Albert thinks qualifies him to judge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sandra and Murray's morning routine in Act 2, Part 1.
2. After Albert and Sandra sit back down with Murray what types of questions do they ask about Nick?
3. What does Arnold mean when he tells Murray to leave the dragons alone?
4. Why doesn't Nick have a name and how did Murray decide to call the child Nick?
5. Describe the opening scene as the play begins in Act 1, Part 1.
6. What does the conversation consist of between Nick and Sandra in the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
7. Describe some of the people and experiences that Murray has during his "apology spree."
8. Describe the last scene before the curtains close on the final act.
9. When Nick asks Murray if he has been looking for a job, what does Murray confess to him?
10. While Albert and Sandra are talking to Murray and Nick, there is a noise at the front door. Who is it and what does this person do and look like?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)