|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the play begins, what do we hear?
(a) Nothing. It is quiet.
(b) Nick snoring.
(c) Murray taking a shower.
(d) <i>The Chuckles the Chipmunk Show</i>.
2. Before Albert leaves the apartment in Act 1, Part 3, what does he call Murray?
3. Whom do we first see when the lights come up in the first scene?
(d) Chuckles the Chipmunk.
4. Whom does Sandra admit that she hates?
(a) Chuckles the Chipmunk.
(b) The Ledbetter family.
5. After Sandra tries to rush to the bathroom, what does Murray hand her?
(b) Her clothes, a toothbrush, and toothpaste.
(d) A newspaper and her clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Part 1 where does Nick say he's been staying?
2. Sandra wants to rush to the bathroom but instead ends up where?
3. Who says, "women seldom sense when they have become boring"?
4. What does Nick collect after putting down his instrument?
5. Whom does Murray call a grotesque cherub?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Nick asks Murray if he has been looking for a job, what does Murray confess to him?
2. Describe Arnold.
3. What does the conversation consist of between Nick and Sandra in the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
4. Describe Sandra and Murray's morning routine in Act 2, Part 1.
5. While Albert and Sandra are talking to Murray and Nick, there is a noise at the front door. Who is it and what does this person do and look like?
6. When Albert takes Sandra aside to have a private conversation, what do they talk about?
7. Why does Sandra feel the need to apologize to Murray after her argument with Albert?
8. How does Sandra's demeanor change after the doorbell rings at Murray's apartment and she hears that Albert is at the door?
9. When Sandra tells Murray she isn't sure if he is independent or selfish, how does Murray reply?
10. What does it mean when Arnold tells Murray that he floats around like a balloon and everyone is waiting around with a pin?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)