|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal does Nick's mother have with her?
(a) A parakeet.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
2. Murray states that out of the mouths of babes comes what?
3. What does Sandra ask for after peeking out at Murray?
(a) A bathrobe.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) A toothbrush.
4. Before the play begins, what do we hear?
(a) Murray taking a shower.
(b) <i>The Chuckles the Chipmunk Show</i>.
(c) Nothing. It is quiet.
(d) Nick snoring.
5. Who says, "You're not a person, Mr. Burns, you are an experience"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the school that Nick attends?
2. Who is the protagonist in <i>A Thousand Clowns</i>?
3. How much does Murray say the double features cost at the movie theater?
4. What is Nick's mother's name?
5. How many days old is the paper from which Nick suggests several jobs for Murray?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Murray's morning routine.
2. What is Murray and Arnold's discussion about in Act 2, Part 1?
3. Why does Murray want Arnold to get angry?
4. Murray asks Nick why Nick hasn't told him about the situation at school and Nick replies that he hasn't seen Murray in a few days. Why haven't they seen each other and where has Nick been?
5. Describe Sandra and Murray's morning routine in Act 2, Part 1.
6. Describe some of the people and experiences that Murray has during his "apology spree."
7. Describe Leo.
8. With what does Sandra say she identifies?
9. When Sandra tells Murray that "this morning" she thought he was going to go get a job, what does Murray start talking about?
10. Sandra starts sobbing about a lot of different things that are frustrating her about her job and her life. Describe some of the things that she is crying about to Murray at the end of Act 1, Part 3.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)