|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Murray place the speaker?
(a) In the garbage can.
(b) Under his hat.
(c) On the windowsill.
(d) Under his chair.
2. What name does Nick choose for himself in Act 3, Part 1?
3. What does Arnold say he hasn't brought with him?
(a) An orange.
(b) An apple.
(c) Some grapes.
(d) A tangerine.
4. Who is Ralphie?
(a) Nick's best friend.
(b) Sandra's dog.
(c) Leo's youngest child.
(d) Murray's name for Nick.
5. How does Arnold see Murray's life?
(a) As lively.
(b) As tortured.
(c) As boring.
(d) As a cartoon.
6. Which floor does Arnold work on?
(a) The twenty-fourth.
(b) The fifteenth.
(c) The tenth.
(d) The twenty-second.
7. When the children wrote into the Chuckles show and asked the definition of a Chipmunk, what was Murray's reply?
(a) An adorable furry thing.
(b) A fancy mouse.
(c) A fat-cheeked rodent.
(d) A cute rat.
8. Where does Nick enter from in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) The front door.
(b) The fire escape.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bathroom.
9. Where does Nick enter from in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The window.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
10. What did Murray do on the day that Leo last visited his apartment?
(a) He played the guitar.
(b) He quit.
(c) He watched a baseball game without speaking to Leo.
(d) He sang him a new song for the show.
11. What does Sandra tell Murray he lives in?
(a) A small piece of reality.
(b) A small brain.
(c) A huge pretend universe.
(d) A much, much larger closet.
12. Who does Leo say "even they" don't like his show anymore?
(a) The audience.
(b) The world.
(c) His agent.
(d) His kids.
13. What do we hear at the beginning of Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Murray joking around.
(b) Sandra humming.
(c) Arnold talking.
(d) The voice of Chuckles the Chipmunk.
14. When Leo came back a week after Murray quit offering him his job back, what song did Murray start singing?
(a) "The Star Spangled Banner."
(b) "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
(c) "Yessir, That's My Baby."
(d) "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."
15. What is the "Chuckles hello"?
(a) "Chuck, chuck, chuckles"
(b) "Chippermunk howyado"
(c) "Chuckles chip-chip hooray"
(d) "Chip-chip, Chippermonkie"
Short Answer Questions
1. Nick tells Sandra is welcome to use the phone to call whom?
2. What does Leo give Nick?
3. What does Murray say he saw at the pier?
4. When Murray sees the apartment, who does he say he's been attacked by?
5. How does Nick make Leo extremely angry?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)