|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days old is the paper from which Nick suggests several jobs for Murray?
2. Where does Murray live?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) San Francisco
3. What is Albert's last name?
4. Whom do we first see when the lights come up in the first scene?
(a) Chuckles the Chipmunk.
5. Who is Margo?
(a) Albert's boss.
(b) Murray's upstairs neighbor.
(c) Nick's girlfriend.
(d) Arnold's secretary.
6. When did Murray realize that it was time to quit his job with the children's show?
(a) When he suggested that Chuckles get a girlfriend.
(b) When he started talking to adults using the language of Chuckles the Chipmunk.
(c) When he didn't show up to work one day and liked it.
(d) When he didn't get a raise.
7. How does Murray try to cheer up Sandra?
(a) By singing.
(b) By turning on Bubbles.
(c) By playing dead.
(d) By calling the weather phone line.
8. What does Murray do when Albert and Sandra prepare to leave?
(a) He opens the door for them.
(b) He tells Albert to leave but Sandra to stay.
(c) He tells Nick to show them out.
(d) He apologizes.
9. Whom does Nick do an impression of when Sandra is questioning him?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(c) Fred Astaire.
(d) Peter Lorre.
10. What does Nick's mother come back to collect that she had abandoned?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her coat.
11. In Act 1, Part 1 where does Nick say he's been staying?
(a) With his best friend from school.
(b) At the library.
(c) In the vacant apartment next door.
(d) With the upstairs neighbors.
12. Before the play begins, what do we hear?
(a) Nothing. It is quiet.
(b) <i>The Chuckles the Chipmunk Show</i>.
(c) Nick snoring.
(d) Murray taking a shower.
13. What does Bubbles do when she is turned on?
(a) Her hips wiggle and her breasts light up.
(b) She sings.
(c) Her eyes blink.
(d) She plays music.
14. Murray states that out of the mouths of babes comes what?
15. What is Albert carrying?
(b) A calculator.
(d) A small briefcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months has Murray been out of work?
2. What type of sandwich does Murray offer Sandra?
3. Whom does Nick suggest they sell Bubbles to?
4. What is the name of the school that Nick attends?
5. How much does Murray say the double features cost at the movie theater?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)