|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nick and Murray try to guess where Sandra comes from based on what?
(a) Her hairstyle.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her speech.
(d) Her name.
2. Who is Murray's brother?
(c) He doesn't have a brother.
3. When Albert comes to the door, how do Murray and Sandra know he is there?
(a) He knocks on the door.
(b) He shouts Murray's name.
(c) He rings the doorbell.
(d) He shouts Sandra's name.
4. What does Sandra look for while Murray is calling Arnold to discuss interviews?
(a) A suit.
(b) Her files.
(d) A tie.
5. What is Murray ignoring that Nick finds out about?
(a) Letters from Child Welfare.
(b) Phone calls from Arnold.
(c) The newspaper ads.
(d) The weather announcement.
6. How many months has Murray been out of work?
7. How old is Nick?
8. Who says, "women seldom sense when they have become boring"?
9. Who is the protagonist in <i>A Thousand Clowns</i>?
(a) Irving R. Feldman.
(c) Chuckles the Chipmunk.
10. Nick tries to cheer Murray up and suggests they visit what?
(a) The Statue of Liberty.
(b) Nick's school.
(c) The library.
(d) Their next-door neighbor.
11. How does Murray deal with difficulty and confrontation?
(a) With jokes.
(b) He likes it and embraces it.
(c) With anger.
(d) By ignoring it.
12. Who says, "You're not a person, Mr. Burns, you are an experience"?
13. When did Murray realize that it was time to quit his job with the children's show?
(a) When he didn't get a raise.
(b) When he started talking to adults using the language of Chuckles the Chipmunk.
(c) When he didn't show up to work one day and liked it.
(d) When he suggested that Chuckles get a girlfriend.
14. How much does Sandra say it cost her parents for her to go to school?
15. Sandra wants to rush to the bathroom but instead ends up where?
(a) The fire escape.
(b) Nick's bedroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Murray that "those people don't kid around"?
2. What does Murray say is almost as irresistible as pastrami?
3. Before Albert leaves the apartment in Act 1, Part 3, what does he call Murray?
4. What is the name of the person that Nick has been staying with when Murray is "working"?
5. Why doesn't Nick go to school?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)