* Nick is watching The Chuckles the Chipmunk Show on television and commenting on how bad it is.
* Murray enters and starts a conversation with Nick. This conversation reveals that Nick is extremely intelligent and that Murray used to write for The Chuckles the Chipmunk Show.
* Murray's morning routine consists of smoking cigarettes, making a telephone call to a pre-recorded weather announcement, shouting to neighbors, and using constant wisecracks.
* Murray and Nick celebrate Irving R Feldman's birthday (a delicatessen owner) as a holiday and Nick doesn't go to school because of it.
* Nick talks to Murray about his trip to the school psychologist.
* Nick discovers at the meeting with the school psychologist that he's has a large file because Murray has been ignoring letters from Child Welfare.
* Child Welfare representatives are going to check up on Murray and Nick.
* Nick suggests to Murray...
This section contains 2,430 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)