|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Catholics, what must happen for one to be resurrected?
2. What kind of head did Set have, in ancient art?
3. How did Campbell respond in question and answer situations?
4. What did Campbell say Easter called men to?
5. What did Campbell say caused men to see there were no horizons?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Buddha die?
2. How did Campbell say Christians went about learning new things?
3. How was Buddha able to cross the river, and what happened afterward?
4. What are Jung's opposing pairs, and what significance do they have?
5. What have studies shown about teaching religion to children?
6. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
7. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
8. What did Jung call the most significant religious document, and why?
9. What does the painting, the Second Coming, depict?
10. How did Campbell describe his idea of Heaven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does mythology play in the medieval society, and where does it appear? How was the culture altered by the presence of this mythology?
Essay Topic 2
How did medieval writers differ from modern writers, and what impact does this have on the two styles of literature?
Essay Topic 3
How were science and religion connected in medieval times, and how does this differ from our current society?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)