|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation did Moses serve when he found the burning bush?
2. What did Buddha give up when he became a leader?
3. Who began the cycle of the patriarchs?
4. Why did Campbell not like preachers to explain symbols?
5. What did Thomas Merton study?
Short Essay Questions
1. What significance did the Tower of Babel have on history?
2. How did a Jewish philosopher say a man might get to know God?
3. How did Campbell say men should study Genesis and Exodus in the Bible?
4. How did Buddha die?
5. How did Campbell say Christians went about learning new things?
6. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
7. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
8. What did Campbell think the Space Age did to religious ideals?
9. What were Campbell's early religious roots?
10. How are Judaism and Hinduism opposites of each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How were science and religion connected in medieval times, and how does this differ from our current society?
Essay Topic 2
What was the medieval thought on philosophy, and how does it differ from the modern ideas of philosophy?
Essay Topic 3
Medieval society was made up of two separate and important cultures, the Pagans and the Christians. Please compare and contrast these two cultures using citations from the text.
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)