|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Vyasa's father leave his seed?
2. Which of these did Campbell say causes panic in people?
3. Whose life line is similar to Buddha's?
4. What did Paul say Christ redeemed man from?
5. What did Heracles kill from his crib?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say about spiritually enlightened people in history?
2. What is the Sumerian story of the creation?
3. What does the painting, the Second Coming, depict?
4. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
5. How was Buddha able to cross the river, and what happened afterward?
6. What did Jung call the most significant religious document, and why?
7. What did the Passover coincide with, according to Campbell?
8. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
9. How did Campbell describe his idea of Heaven?
10. How did Campbell say men should study Genesis and Exodus in the Bible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the telling of this interesting history?
Essay Topic 2
How did Campbell stay balanced in his informational book about mythology and literature, and how did this change the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the analogies Paul used when teaching about Christ, and how did they affect the audiences who heard them?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)