|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say Passover called men to?
2. Where did Mithra's cult flourish?
3. What did Campbell say diverse traditions expressed?
4. What was the first country to establish a Goddess cult?
5. What myth did the story of Jacob and Esau follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Passover coincide with, according to Campbell?
2. How was Buddha able to cross the river, and what happened afterward?
3. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
4. What significance did the Tower of Babel have on history?
5. What did Campbell say about spiritually enlightened people in history?
6. What is the Sumerian story of the creation?
7. How did Campbell say Christians went about learning new things?
8. Why did Campbell say humans began creating myths?
9. How did Campbell describe his idea of Heaven?
10. How did Campbell say men should study Genesis and Exodus in the Bible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is literalism, and how did this concept affect the progression of religious ideas?
Essay Topic 2
How did Campbell say technology was changing the religious landscape at this time in history?
Essay Topic 3
Science was a major theme in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the informational tone of the book?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)