|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say caused men to see there were no horizons?
2. What kind of book was Kings?
3. Who was Jesus teaching when he was missing from his parents?
4. What did Campbell say Freud did to mythology?
5. What did Jung say was the most important religious document?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
2. What did Campbell think the Space Age did to religious ideals?
3. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
4. How did Campbell describe his idea of Heaven?
5. What have studies shown about teaching religion to children?
6. How did Campbell say Christians went about learning new things?
7. How was Buddha able to cross the river, and what happened afterward?
8. Why did Campbell say humans began creating myths?
9. What is the Sumerian story of the creation?
10. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Campbell stay balanced in his informational book about mythology and literature, and how did this change the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How did Astrology affect the medieval culture, and what was the Church's stance on this belief?
Essay Topic 3
What is literalism, and how did this concept affect the progression of religious ideas?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)