|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of creator was common in Indian mythology?
2. What kind of Medieval man was hesitant to trust Mother Nature?
3. What American did Campbell compare Mary to?
4. Whose life line is similar to Buddha's?
5. Why did Campbell say men created myths?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jung call the most significant religious document, and why?
2. How did Campbell say men should study Genesis and Exodus in the Bible?
3. What have studies shown about teaching religion to children?
4. How did Campbell describe his idea of Heaven?
5. What significance did the Tower of Babel have on history?
6. How did Buddha die?
7. Who did the Mayans worship with a cross?
8. What were Campbell's early religious roots?
9. What was important about Chartres?
10. Why did Campbell say humans began creating myths?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Medieval society was made up of two separate and important cultures, the Pagans and the Christians. Please compare and contrast these two cultures using citations from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What was the medieval thought on philosophy, and how does it differ from the modern ideas of philosophy?
Essay Topic 3
Education and the importance of training are constant themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and which parts of human culture are most affected by them?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)