|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the procession of the equinoxes create?
2. What horrible thing did King Kansa order?
3. Where did Mithra's cult flourish?
4. What kind of book was Chronicles?
5. How many creation stories are in Genesis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
2. What were Campbell's early religious roots?
3. What does the painting, the Second Coming, depict?
4. Why did Campbell say humans began creating myths?
5. What did the Passover coincide with, according to Campbell?
6. Who did the Mayans worship with a cross?
7. What significance did the Tower of Babel have on history?
8. What is the theory of Christ's death that involves fishing?
9. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
10. How did Campbell say men should study Genesis and Exodus in the Bible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Science was a major theme in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the informational tone of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What significance did Campbell put on the Biblical story of Moses, and how does this differ from most Christians' view about it?
Essay Topic 3
What did Campbell say were the main differences between Mythology and Religion, and why were they included in this book?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)