|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mithra's cult flourish?
2. What did Buddha give up when he became a leader?
3. Who did the creator in Indian mythology punish?
4. How did Campbell respond in question and answer situations?
5. What did the Jews think would happen when the Messiah came?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have studies shown about teaching religion to children?
2. How are Judaism and Hinduism opposites of each other?
3. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
4. Who did the Mayans worship with a cross?
5. What did Campbell say was the second law of life?
6. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
7. What are Jung's opposing pairs, and what significance do they have?
8. What were Campbell's early religious roots?
9. What is Kundalini?
10. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Campbell say were the main differences between Mythology and Religion, and why were they included in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Medieval society was made up of two separate and important cultures, the Pagans and the Christians. Please compare and contrast these two cultures using citations from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What significance did Campbell put on the Biblical story of Moses, and how does this differ from most Christians' view about it?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)