|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of head did Set have, in ancient art?
2. Who was the first infant to be adopted into a royal family?
3. Why did Campbell not like preachers to explain symbols?
4. What kind of Karma is often found in Indian mythology?
5. What marked the first known sacred spaces?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Campbell say Christians went about learning new things?
2. How did a Jewish philosopher say a man might get to know God?
3. How are Judaism and Hinduism opposites of each other?
4. What did Jung call the most significant religious document, and why?
5. What was important about Chartres?
6. Who did the Mayans worship with a cross?
7. What is the Sumerian story of the creation?
8. What does the painting, the Second Coming, depict?
9. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
10. What did the Passover coincide with, according to Campbell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was Campbell raised, and how did this shape his life, his studies, and his career?
Essay Topic 2
How did Campbell say technology was changing the religious landscape at this time in history?
Essay Topic 3
What role does mythology play in the medieval society, and where does it appear? How was the culture altered by the presence of this mythology?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)