|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in the burning bush?
2. What kind of Karma is often found in Indian mythology?
3. What historical event happened at Qumran?
4. What did Campbell say Passover called men to?
5. What was the solar mystery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Buddha die?
2. Why did Campbell say humans began creating myths?
3. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
4. What did Campbell say was the second law of life?
5. Who did Campbell say Hell belonged to?
6. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
7. What did Campbell say about spiritually enlightened people in history?
8. What were Campbell's early religious roots?
9. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
10. How did Campbell say Christians went about learning new things?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Education and the importance of training are constant themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and which parts of human culture are most affected by them?
Essay Topic 2
What significance did Campbell put on the Biblical story of Moses, and how does this differ from most Christians' view about it?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the most important facets of the Jewish culture, and why did Campbell think this culture was so important in history?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)