|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What American did Campbell compare Mary to?
2. What kind of religion was Shinto considered?
3. Where did Mithra's cult flourish?
4. What does the Tristan say cannot be separated?
5. What did Dimmittis say one must do in order to die happily?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Campbell's early religious roots?
2. What was important about Chartres?
3. How are Judaism and Hinduism opposites of each other?
4. Who did Campbell say Hell belonged to?
5. How did Campbell say men should study Genesis and Exodus in the Bible?
6. How did Buddha die?
7. What did Campbell think the Space Age did to religious ideals?
8. What did Campbell say was the second law of life?
9. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
10. What are Jung's opposing pairs, and what significance do they have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What significance did Campbell put on the Biblical story of Moses, and how does this differ from most Christians' view about it?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the different religions that have a cross as a significant symbol, and how did Campbell say this affected his feelings and thoughts on religion?
Essay Topic 3
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the telling of this interesting history?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)