|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Heracles kill from his crib?
2. Which of Arthur's knights suggested going separately into the forest?
3. How did Campbell respond in question and answer situations?
4. What did Jung say was the most important religious document?
5. Who taught of a God of Light?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Campbell say Christians went about learning new things?
2. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
3. How are Judaism and Hinduism opposites of each other?
4. How was Buddha able to cross the river, and what happened afterward?
5. What are Jung's opposing pairs, and what significance do they have?
6. How did Campbell describe his idea of Heaven?
7. What does the painting, the Second Coming, depict?
8. What significance did the Tower of Babel have on history?
9. What is the theory of Christ's death that involves fishing?
10. How did a Jewish philosopher say a man might get to know God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the medieval thought on philosophy, and how does it differ from the modern ideas of philosophy?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the different religions that have a cross as a significant symbol, and how did Campbell say this affected his feelings and thoughts on religion?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the different reasons given for the death of Christ, and how did these affect Campbell's ideas about Christianity?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)