|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many creation stories are in Genesis?
2. What did Campbell say would help men learn transcendence?
3. According to the Catholics, what must happen for one to be resurrected?
4. What kind of book was Chronicles?
5. What did Campbell say caused men to see there were no horizons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What significance did the Tower of Babel have on history?
2. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
3. What was important about Chartres?
4. Who did Campbell say Hell belonged to?
5. How are Judaism and Hinduism opposites of each other?
6. What did Campbell say was the second law of life?
7. How did Campbell describe his idea of Heaven?
8. How did Campbell say men should study Genesis and Exodus in the Bible?
9. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
10. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Campbell say technology was changing the religious landscape at this time in history?
Essay Topic 2
What role does mythology play in the medieval society, and where does it appear? How was the culture altered by the presence of this mythology?
Essay Topic 3
How did Astrology affect the medieval culture, and what was the Church's stance on this belief?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)