|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who declared Buddha a beloved son?
2. Who first had the idea of a Messiah to bring the end of times?
3. What marks Christianity as a true religion?
4. What occupation did Moses serve when he found the burning bush?
5. Which country held some agricultural mythology?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
2. Who did the Mayans worship with a cross?
3. How did Buddha die?
4. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
5. What is the Sumerian story of the creation?
6. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
7. How did Campbell say Christians went about learning new things?
8. How did Campbell describe his idea of Heaven?
9. What have studies shown about teaching religion to children?
10. How did a Jewish philosopher say a man might get to know God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the most important facets of the Jewish culture, and why did Campbell think this culture was so important in history?
Essay Topic 2
Medieval society was made up of two separate and important cultures, the Pagans and the Christians. Please compare and contrast these two cultures using citations from the text.
Essay Topic 3
How did Astrology affect the medieval culture, and what was the Church's stance on this belief?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)