|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught of a God of Light?
2. Who was in the burning bush?
3. What movie was discussed in the Appendix?
4. What kind of book was Chronicles?
5. Who did Jesus see before going into the wilderness on his fast?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Judaism and Hinduism opposites of each other?
2. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
3. How did Campbell say men should study Genesis and Exodus in the Bible?
4. What was important about Chartres?
5. Who did the Mayans worship with a cross?
6. What is the Sumerian story of the creation?
7. How did Campbell say Christians went about learning new things?
8. What does the painting, the Second Coming, depict?
9. What significance did the Tower of Babel have on history?
10. Why did Campbell say humans began creating myths?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the most important facets of the Jewish culture, and why did Campbell think this culture was so important in history?
Essay Topic 2
What was Kundalini, and what affect did this power have on the religious culture?
Essay Topic 3
How did Campbell stay balanced in his informational book about mythology and literature, and how did this change the tone of the book?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)