|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say needed to stop being fragmented?
2. What age did Campbell say would challenge literal interpretations?
3. What myth did the story of Jacob and Esau follow?
4. Why were there ancient drawings of Jesus with an animal head?
5. Who was Jesus teaching when he was missing from his parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Passover coincide with, according to Campbell?
2. What is the Sumerian story of the creation?
3. What is Kundalini?
4. How did Campbell say Christians went about learning new things?
5. What did Jung call the most significant religious document, and why?
6. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
7. What did Campbell say about spiritually enlightened people in history?
8. What are Jung's opposing pairs, and what significance do they have?
9. What does the painting, the Second Coming, depict?
10. How did Campbell describe his idea of Heaven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is literalism, and how did this concept affect the progression of religious ideas?
Essay Topic 2
What significance did Campbell put on the Biblical story of Moses, and how does this differ from most Christians' view about it?
Essay Topic 3
How did Campbell say technology was changing the religious landscape at this time in history?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)