|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in the burning bush?
2. Why did Campbell say mythology is no longer meaningful in most cases?
3. What did the Devil tempt Christ with?
4. What did people in Medieval Europe strive for?
5. Who taught of a God of Light?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Buddha able to cross the river, and what happened afterward?
2. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
3. How did Campbell describe his idea of Heaven?
4. How did Buddha die?
5. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
6. What is Kundalini?
7. What is the theory of Christ's death that involves fishing?
8. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
9. How did a Jewish philosopher say a man might get to know God?
10. What did Campbell think the Space Age did to religious ideals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Education and the importance of training are constant themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and which parts of human culture are most affected by them?
Essay Topic 2
What role does mythology play in the medieval society, and where does it appear? How was the culture altered by the presence of this mythology?
Essay Topic 3
How were science and religion connected in medieval times, and how does this differ from our current society?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)