|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Campbell say mythology is no longer meaningful in most cases?
2. What did the Egyptians think of the tongue and teeth?
3. What kind of religion is Christianity considered?
4. Which of these did Campbell say causes panic in people?
5. What kind of book was Chronicles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kundalini?
2. What are Jung's opposing pairs, and what significance do they have?
3. How did Campbell describe his idea of Heaven?
4. What did the Passover coincide with, according to Campbell?
5. Who did the Mayans worship with a cross?
6. What is the Sumerian story of the creation?
7. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
8. What have studies shown about teaching religion to children?
9. How was Buddha able to cross the river, and what happened afterward?
10. How did Campbell say men should study Genesis and Exodus in the Bible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What significance did Campbell put on the Biblical story of Moses, and how does this differ from most Christians' view about it?
Essay Topic 2
What is literalism, and how did this concept affect the progression of religious ideas?
Essay Topic 3
What was Kundalini, and what affect did this power have on the religious culture?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)