|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who declared Buddha a beloved son?
2. What did men cling to during the Passover?
3. What kind of Medieval man was hesitant to trust Mother Nature?
4. Who did the creator in Indian mythology punish?
5. What myth did the story of Jacob and Esau follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did a Jewish philosopher say a man might get to know God?
2. What does the painting, the Second Coming, depict?
3. What did Campbell say was the second law of life?
4. How are Judaism and Hinduism opposites of each other?
5. What significance did the Tower of Babel have on history?
6. What did Jung call the most significant religious document, and why?
7. Why did Campbell say humans began creating myths?
8. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
9. How did Buddha die?
10. How did Campbell describe his idea of Heaven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does mythology play in the medieval society, and where does it appear? How was the culture altered by the presence of this mythology?
Essay Topic 2
How did Campbell stay balanced in his informational book about mythology and literature, and how did this change the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the different religions that have a cross as a significant symbol, and how did Campbell say this affected his feelings and thoughts on religion?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)