|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught of a God of Light?
2. What did Campbell say would help men learn transcendence?
3. What was Mithra born from?
4. What did Buddha give up when he became a leader?
5. Which of Arthur's knights suggested going separately into the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jung call the most significant religious document, and why?
2. Why did Campbell say humans began creating myths?
3. Who did Campbell say Hell belonged to?
4. What have studies shown about teaching religion to children?
5. What is the Sumerian story of the creation?
6. What did Campbell say was the second law of life?
7. What did Campbell say about spiritually enlightened people in history?
8. How did a Jewish philosopher say a man might get to know God?
9. How did Buddha die?
10. What is Kundalini?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is literalism, and how did this concept affect the progression of religious ideas?
Essay Topic 2
How did Campbell say technology was changing the religious landscape at this time in history?
Essay Topic 3
Science was a major theme in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the informational tone of the book?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)