|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What in the Bible did Campbell call poetry?
2. What did Campbell say made narratives complex?
3. What kind of experiences did Campbell say led to rapture?
4. What is the Jewish name for God?
5. What did Campbell say were the main categories of God?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Campbell like visiting Japan so much?
2. What did Campbell say would bring victory over patriarchal provincialism?
3. What about men did Western religions think needed purification?
4. When did Campbell start talking about his ideas of myth being a lie?
5. What did Shive personify?
6. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
7. How did Campbell describe myths?
8. What did Campbell say allowed radiance in life?
9. How did scholars and theologians differ when studying metaphor?
10. What did Semitic traditions require that others did not, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Kundalini, and what affect did this power have on the religious culture?
Essay Topic 2
How were science and religion connected in medieval times, and how does this differ from our current society?
Essay Topic 3
Medieval society was made up of two separate and important cultures, the Pagans and the Christians. Please compare and contrast these two cultures using citations from the text.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)