|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused?
2. What was the intermediate institution for Christians?
3. What should well-functioning mythologies produce?
4. What did Campbell say Christianity did to salvation?
5. What kind of religion was seen as a protection from experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say was the first function of metaphor?
2. What was the difference cited between gurus and Arthurian knights?
3. What did Campbell say was the third function of metaphor?
4. What did Campbell say would bring victory over patriarchal provincialism?
5. What is Kundalini?
6. How did scholars and theologians differ when studying metaphor?
7. How did a Jewish philosopher say a man might get to know God?
8. What does the painting, the Second Coming, depict?
9. Where did Campbell say most Western religions came from?
10. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the analogies Paul used when teaching about Christ, and how did they affect the audiences who heard them?
Essay Topic 2
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the telling of this interesting history?
Essay Topic 3
How did Campbell say technology was changing the religious landscape at this time in history?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)