|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eckhart say was the best thing God did for man?
2. Who was enthroned between Isis and Hermes in a painting?
3. What did Campbell say Mythology was supposed to awaken?
4. How did Campbell describe dreams?
5. What level did Buddhism strive to deal with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say caused the fall of the Medieval society?
2. What did the yin-yang represent?
3. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused, and why?
4. What did Campbell say metaphors truly described?
5. How did scholars and theologians differ when studying metaphor?
6. What did Campbell say would bring victory over patriarchal provincialism?
7. What happened when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
8. What did Campbell say Westerners were yearning for?
9. What did Campbell say corrupted the poetry of the Bible?
10. How did Campbell describe myths?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Kundalini, and what affect did this power have on the religious culture?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the analogies Paul used when teaching about Christ, and how did they affect the audiences who heard them?
Essay Topic 3
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the telling of this interesting history?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)