|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was ignored when metaphors were taken literally?
2. Why were Osiris and Set created?
3. What country did Campbell talk about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. What did Jesus not fear in his life, according to Campbell?
5. What kind of victims were always found in Hebrew scriptures?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did scholars and theologians differ when studying metaphor?
2. What was the metaphor used by Paul to describe the crucifixion?
3. What formed the mystery of the Orient?
4. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
5. What did Campbell say corrupted the poetry of the Bible?
6. How did Campbell describe myths?
7. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
8. What did Campbell say came of tragic situations?
9. What did Campbell say allowed radiance in life?
10. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
Essay Topic 1
How was Campbell raised, and how did this shape his life, his studies, and his career?
Essay Topic 2
Education and the importance of training are constant themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and which parts of human culture are most affected by them?
Essay Topic 3
How were science and religion connected in medieval times, and how does this differ from our current society?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)