Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was ignored when metaphors were taken literally?
2. Why were Osiris and Set created?
3. What country did Campbell talk about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. What did Jesus not fear in his life, according to Campbell?
5. What kind of victims were always found in Hebrew scriptures?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did scholars and theologians differ when studying metaphor?
2. What was the metaphor used by Paul to describe the crucifixion?
3. What formed the mystery of the Orient?
4. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
5. What did Campbell say corrupted the poetry of the Bible?
6. How did Campbell describe myths?
7. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
8. What did Campbell say came of tragic situations?
9. What did Campbell say allowed radiance in life?
10. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
Essay Topic 1
What was the medieval thought on philosophy, and how does it differ from the modern ideas of philosophy?
Essay Topic 2
What is literalism, and how did this concept affect the progression of religious ideas?
Essay Topic 3
What did Campbell say were the main differences between Mythology and Religion, and why were they included in this book?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)