|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Campbell compare Roman Catholic priests to when talking about the translation of Mass?
2. What did Campbell say was an underlying definition of Mythology?
3. How many functions did Campbell say Mythology served?
4. What did Campbell say was the fourth function served by Mythology?
5. Where did the phrase "tat tvam asi" come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say caused the fall of the Medieval society?
2. What did Campbell say was the fourth function of metaphor?
3. What did Campbell say metaphors truly described?
4. What did the yin-yang represent?
5. What did Campbell say was the first function of metaphor?
6. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
7. How did the Shinto religion differ from most Western religions?
8. What about men did Western religions think needed purification?
9. What did Campbell say allowed radiance in life?
10. What did Campbell say corrupted the poetry of the Bible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Science was a major theme in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the informational tone of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What was the medieval thought on philosophy, and how does it differ from the modern ideas of philosophy?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the analogies Paul used when teaching about Christ, and how did they affect the audiences who heard them?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)