|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say almost all religions have in common?
2. What did Campbell say separated believers from atheists?
3. What did Jesus not fear in his life, according to Campbell?
4. What ceased the power of what Campbell said connected people to the infinite?
5. What kind of victims were always found in Hebrew scriptures?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Campbell like visiting Japan so much?
2. What did Campbell say was the third function of metaphor?
3. Where did Campbell say most Western religions came from?
4. Why did Campbell say it was useful to study many different religious traditions?
5. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
6. What did Campbell say allowed radiance in life?
7. What did Campbell say would bring victory over patriarchal provincialism?
8. How did Campbell describe myths?
9. What happened when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
10. What did Campbell say corrupted the poetry of the Bible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does mythology play in the medieval society, and where does it appear? How was the culture altered by the presence of this mythology?
Essay Topic 2
What was Kundalini, and what affect did this power have on the religious culture?
Essay Topic 3
How was Campbell raised, and how did this shape his life, his studies, and his career?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)