|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say almost all religions have in common?
2. What did the yin yang represent?
3. What did Western religions pit against each other?
4. What did Campbell say made narratives complex?
5. What did Campbell say was the fulfillment of a man's purpose and direction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say Mythology's religious function was?
2. What did Campbell say allowed radiance in life?
3. How did Sri Ramakrishna open conversations?
4. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
5. What was the Japanese idea about individuals, and what was the comparison made there?
6. How did the Shinto religion differ from most Western religions?
7. What did Campbell say was the first function of metaphor?
8. Why did Campbell say it was useful to study many different religious traditions?
9. What did Campbell say would bring victory over patriarchal provincialism?
10. What did Campbell say metaphors truly described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the analogies Paul used when teaching about Christ, and how did they affect the audiences who heard them?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the different reasons given for the death of Christ, and how did these affect Campbell's ideas about Christianity?
Essay Topic 3
How did medieval writers differ from modern writers, and what impact does this have on the two styles of literature?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)