|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What in the Bible did Campbell call poetry?
2. Who asked Campbell about what he thought was a lie?
3. What did Campbell say humans were to the Earth?
4. What did Campbell say promoted mathematics in education?
5. What must fall away for people to grasp the truth, according to Campbell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Campbell describe myths?
2. What about men did Western religions think needed purification?
3. What did the yin-yang represent?
4. What did Campbell say metaphors truly described?
5. What was the metaphor used by Paul to describe the crucifixion?
6. What did Campbell say was the first function of metaphor?
7. What happened when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
8. What did Campbell say allowed radiance in life?
9. What did Campbell say was the fourth function of metaphor?
10. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Campbell say were the main differences between Mythology and Religion, and why were they included in this book?
Essay Topic 2
How did Campbell stay balanced in his informational book about mythology and literature, and how did this change the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the analogies Paul used when teaching about Christ, and how did they affect the audiences who heard them?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)