|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of victims were always found in Hebrew scriptures?
2. Who did Campbell say people want to submit to?
3. Who did Campbell say concentrated on the denotative meaning of metaphors?
4. What did Campbell say Mythology was supposed to awaken?
5. What did Western religions pit against each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say was the second law of life?
2. What did Campbell say corrupted the poetry of the Bible?
3. What have studies shown about teaching religion to children?
4. What did the yin-yang represent?
5. What formed the mystery of the Orient?
6. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused, and why?
7. What did Campbell say was the first function of metaphor?
8. What is the Sumerian story of the creation?
9. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
10. What did Campbell say about spiritually enlightened people in history?
Essay Topic 1
What role does mythology play in the medieval society, and where does it appear? How was the culture altered by the presence of this mythology?
Essay Topic 2
How did Campbell say technology was changing the religious landscape at this time in history?
Essay Topic 3
What was the medieval thought on philosophy, and how does it differ from the modern ideas of philosophy?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)