|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was said to have cut short experiences?
2. What did Campbell say separated believers from atheists?
3. What did Eckhart say was the best thing God did for man?
4. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused?
5. What ceased the power of what Campbell said connected people to the infinite?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Campbell say most Western religions came from?
2. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
3. How did Sri Ramakrishna open conversations?
4. What did Campbell say was the first function of metaphor?
5. What did Campbell say was the second function of metaphor?
6. How did the Shinto religion differ from most Western religions?
7. What did Semitic traditions require that others did not, and why?
8. What happened when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
9. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused, and why?
10. What formed the mystery of the Orient?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the different reasons given for the death of Christ, and how did these affect Campbell's ideas about Christianity?
Essay Topic 2
Medieval society was made up of two separate and important cultures, the Pagans and the Christians. Please compare and contrast these two cultures using citations from the text.
Essay Topic 3
How was Campbell raised, and how did this shape his life, his studies, and his career?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)