|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What level did Buddhism strive to deal with?
2. What were some clergy unable to interpret?
3. What kind of conquerors were always found in Hebrew scriptures?
4. How did Campbell say people could answer the metaphysical call?
5. What did Campbell say was an underlying definition of Mythology?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say would bring victory over patriarchal provincialism?
2. What was the Japanese idea about individuals, and what was the comparison made there?
3. What happened when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
4. Why did Campbell say it was useful to study many different religious traditions?
5. What did Campbell say caused the fall of the Medieval society?
6. How did scholars and theologians differ when studying metaphor?
7. What did Campbell say allowed radiance in life?
8. What did Campbell say metaphors truly described?
9. What did Campbell say was the third function of metaphor?
10. What did Shive personify?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Kundalini, and what affect did this power have on the religious culture?
Essay Topic 2
What significance did Campbell put on the Biblical story of Moses, and how does this differ from most Christians' view about it?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the different religions that have a cross as a significant symbol, and how did Campbell say this affected his feelings and thoughts on religion?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)