|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was ignored when metaphors were taken literally?
2. What did Campbell say was the third function served by Mythology?
3. What did Campbell say people cannot view at a glance?
4. What must fall away for people to grasp the truth, according to Campbell?
5. What was the intermediate institution for Jews?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say allowed radiance in life?
2. What did Campbell say was the first function of metaphor?
3. How did Sri Ramakrishna open conversations?
4. What did Campbell say caused the fall of the Medieval society?
5. How did the Shinto religion differ from most Western religions?
6. What did Semitic traditions require that others did not, and why?
7. How did Campbell say gurus were attracting Western youth?
8. What did Campbell say was the third function of metaphor?
9. What did Campbell say was the second function of metaphor?
10. What was the difference cited between gurus and Arthurian knights?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Astrology affect the medieval culture, and what was the Church's stance on this belief?
Essay Topic 2
How was Campbell raised, and how did this shape his life, his studies, and his career?
Essay Topic 3
What was the medieval thought on philosophy, and how does it differ from the modern ideas of philosophy?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)