|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say was a lie?
2. Who did Campbell say concentrated on the concrete meaning of metaphors?
3. What did Mythology teach people to respect?
4. What did Campbell say had to happen for a heart to awaken?
5. Who said the Kingdom of God would spread unseen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Shive personify?
2. How did scholars and theologians differ when studying metaphor?
3. What did the yin-yang represent?
4. What was the difference cited between gurus and Arthurian knights?
5. How did Campbell say gurus were attracting Western youth?
6. How did Sri Ramakrishna open conversations?
7. What did Campbell say metaphors truly described?
8. What did Campbell say corrupted the poetry of the Bible?
9. What about men did Western religions think needed purification?
10. When did Campbell start talking about his ideas of myth being a lie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was Campbell raised, and how did this shape his life, his studies, and his career?
Essay Topic 2
How were science and religion connected in medieval times, and how does this differ from our current society?
Essay Topic 3
What was the medieval thought on philosophy, and how does it differ from the modern ideas of philosophy?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)