|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say was the definition of God?
2. What did half of the people in religion say was truth?
3. What about the world did Navajos often meditate over?
4. What did Campbell say humans were to the Earth?
5. How did Campbell describe dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Campbell's early religious roots?
2. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
3. What did Jung call the most significant religious document, and why?
4. What did Campbell say was the second law of life?
5. What did Campbell say caused the fall of the Medieval society?
6. How was Buddha able to cross the river, and what happened afterward?
7. Who did Campbell say Hell belonged to?
8. What did Campbell say corrupted the poetry of the Bible?
9. Who did the Mayans worship with a cross?
10. When did Campbell start talking about his ideas of myth being a lie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the most important facets of the Jewish culture, and why did Campbell think this culture was so important in history?
Essay Topic 2
Education and the importance of training are constant themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and which parts of human culture are most affected by them?
Essay Topic 3
What is literalism, and how did this concept affect the progression of religious ideas?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)