|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who found Vyasa as a baby?
(a) A fisherman.
(b) A milkmaid.
(c) A God.
(d) A priest.
2. Who first had the idea of a Messiah to bring the end of times?
3. What universal motif applies to the story of Moses?
(a) The Hero's journey.
(b) The fight between good and evil.
(c) The call to duty.
(d) The rise of a leader.
4. Why did Campbell say mythology is no longer meaningful in most cases?
(a) The characters are shallow.
(b) The lessons are too simple.
(c) Pieces of the stories are missing.
(d) The symbols are antiquated.
5. What was the first God of Evil on record called?
(c) The Deceiver.
(d) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Buddha give up when he became a leader?
2. What kind of book was Kings?
3. What did Campbell say needed to stop being fragmented?
4. What two images show re-birth?
5. Who was the first infant to be adopted into a royal family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
2. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
3. What did Campbell say about spiritually enlightened people in history?
4. What significance did the Tower of Babel have on history?
5. What is Kundalini?
6. How did Campbell say Christians went about learning new things?
7. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
8. What is the Sumerian story of the creation?
9. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
10. What are Jung's opposing pairs, and what significance do they have?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)