|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Kabbala say men should marry?
(a) Their other half.
(b) Their companion.
(c) Their divine partner.
(d) Their heavenly siblings.
2. What was the first country to establish a Goddess cult?
3. What two images show re-birth?
(a) The seed and the tree.
(b) The river and the ocean.
(c) The sun and the moon.
(d) The stars and the moon.
4. What historical event happened at Qumran?
(a) John baptized people.
(b) All of these.
(c) Mary spoke of her son.
(d) Jesus announced himself.
5. What did Buddha give up when he became a leader?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Thomas Merton study?
2. What did Campbell say would help men learn transcendence?
3. What did people in Medieval Europe strive for?
4. What did Campbell say mattered most of all in religious matters?
5. According to the Catholics, what must happen for one to be resurrected?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did the Mayans worship with a cross?
2. How did a Jewish philosopher say a man might get to know God?
3. What did the Passover coincide with, according to Campbell?
4. What did Campbell say was the second law of life?
5. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
6. How are Judaism and Hinduism opposites of each other?
7. What is the theory of Christ's death that involves fishing?
8. What have studies shown about teaching religion to children?
9. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
10. What did Campbell think the Space Age did to religious ideals?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)