|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say caused men to see there were no horizons?
(a) The ocean.
2. What kind of Medieval man was hesitant to trust Mother Nature?
(b) Desert nomads.
3. Who first had the idea of a Messiah to bring the end of times?
4. What did Medieval festivals often correlate with?
(a) Times of bounty.
(b) Times of war.
(c) Storm sequences.
(d) Seasonal cycles.
5. Who was Jesus teaching when he was missing from his parents?
(b) Wise men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first infant to be adopted into a royal family?
2. What marked the first known sacred spaces?
3. Where did Mithra's cult flourish?
4. Which of these showed the commonality in human beliefs?
5. What historical event happened at Qumran?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell think the Space Age did to religious ideals?
2. What significance did the Tower of Babel have on history?
3. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
4. What were Campbell's early religious roots?
5. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
6. Who did Campbell say Hell belonged to?
7. What is the theory of Christ's death that involves fishing?
8. How are Judaism and Hinduism opposites of each other?
9. What did Campbell say was the second law of life?
10. What did the Passover coincide with, according to Campbell?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)