|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did people in Medieval Europe strive for?
(a) Individual quests.
(b) Respect and honor.
(c) Love and marriage.
(d) Money and wealth.
2. How many creation stories are in Genesis?
3. Who found Vyasa as a baby?
(a) A milkmaid.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A God.
(d) A priest.
4. What did Campbell say Freud did to mythology?
(a) Muddled things.
(b) Brought things to light.
(c) Destroyed ideas.
(d) Developed morals.
5. Why was Krishna sent across the river?
(a) To escape death.
(b) To protect his people.
(c) To expand his power.
(d) To incite a war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrible thing did King Kansa order?
2. What was Kennedy's occupation?
3. Who began the cycle of the patriarchs?
4. What did Campbell say Passover called men to?
5. What marked the first known sacred spaces?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kundalini?
2. Why did Campbell say humans began creating myths?
3. What have studies shown about teaching religion to children?
4. How did Buddha die?
5. How did Campbell say men should study Genesis and Exodus in the Bible?
6. Who did Campbell say Hell belonged to?
7. What did Campbell think the Space Age did to religious ideals?
8. What are Jung's opposing pairs, and what significance do they have?
9. What is the Sumerian story of the creation?
10. What does the painting, the Second Coming, depict?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)