|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say Easter called men to?
(a) A renewed faith.
(b) A new life.
(c) A higher purpose.
(d) A hopeful future.
2. What age did Campbell say would challenge literal interpretations?
(a) The Space Age.
(b) The Dark Ages.
(c) The Industrial Age.
(d) The Modern Age.
3. What did the Devil tempt Christ with?
(b) Spiritual power.
(c) Monetary wealth.
(d) All of these.
4. How did Campbell describe marriage?
(a) A lifestyle.
(b) A choice.
(c) A love affair.
(d) A sacrifice.
5. What did Medieval festivals often correlate with?
(a) Times of bounty.
(b) Seasonal cycles.
(c) Storm sequences.
(d) Times of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Paul say Christ redeemed man from?
2. Which of these showed the commonality in human beliefs?
3. What kind of head did Set have, in ancient art?
4. What did Buddha give up when he became a leader?
5. What kind of religion is Christianity considered?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Campbell describe his idea of Heaven?
2. What is the Sumerian story of the creation?
3. What is Kundalini?
4. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
5. What did Campbell say about spiritually enlightened people in history?
6. How did Campbell say Christians went about learning new things?
7. What does the painting, the Second Coming, depict?
8. What did Campbell say was the second law of life?
9. How did a Jewish philosopher say a man might get to know God?
10. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)