|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of head did Set have, in ancient art?
(a) A fish.
(b) An ass.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dog.
2. What was Kennedy's occupation?
3. Who found Vyasa as a baby?
(a) A milkmaid.
(b) A priest.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) A God.
4. What two images show re-birth?
(a) The river and the ocean.
(b) The stars and the moon.
(c) The seed and the tree.
(d) The sun and the moon.
5. What did the procession of the equinoxes create?
(a) The myth of Zeuss.
(b) The zodiac.
(c) A new calendar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Campbell respond in question and answer situations?
2. Why did Campbell not like preachers to explain symbols?
3. What occupation did Moses serve when he found the burning bush?
4. Who did the creator in Indian mythology punish?
5. What kind of Karma is often found in Indian mythology?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the theory of Christ's death that involves fishing?
2. What was important about Chartres?
3. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
4. What are Jung's opposing pairs, and what significance do they have?
5. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
6. Who did the Mayans worship with a cross?
7. What does the painting, the Second Coming, depict?
8. How did Campbell say Christians went about learning new things?
9. Who did Campbell say Hell belonged to?
10. What did Campbell think the Space Age did to religious ideals?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)