|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the form of the Upanishads God?
(a) The Soul.
(b) The Ocean.
(c) The Earth.
(d) The Sun.
2. What did people in Medieval Europe strive for?
(a) Love and marriage.
(b) Respect and honor.
(c) Individual quests.
(d) Money and wealth.
3. What historical event happened at Qumran?
(a) Mary spoke of her son.
(b) John baptized people.
(c) Jesus announced himself.
(d) All of these.
4. Who did Jesus see before going into the wilderness on his fast?
(a) The Greatest teacher.
(b) His apostles.
(c) John the Baptist.
5. What did Campbell say needed to stop being fragmented?
(a) All of these.
(b) Dead languages.
(c) World mythology.
(d) Religious symbols.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say Freud did to mythology?
2. What did Buddha give up when he became a leader?
3. What kind of book was Chronicles?
4. Who does the Kabbala say men should marry?
5. Who was Jesus teaching when he was missing from his parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did a Jewish philosopher say a man might get to know God?
2. How did Campbell say Christians went about learning new things?
3. What have studies shown about teaching religion to children?
4. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
5. How did Campbell say men should study Genesis and Exodus in the Bible?
6. What is the theory of Christ's death that involves fishing?
7. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
8. Why did Campbell say humans began creating myths?
9. How did Campbell describe his idea of Heaven?
10. What significance did the Tower of Babel have on history?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)