|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many creation stories are in Genesis?
2. What did Jung say was the most important religious document?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Roman Catholic Dogma of the Assumption.
(c) The Appocrypha.
(d) The Dedication of the Shroud of Turin.
3. Which of these showed the commonality in human beliefs?
(a) Recantered mythology.
(b) Reinforced symbology.
4. According to the Catholics, what must happen for one to be resurrected?
(a) They must belong to the Church.
(b) They must have faith.
(c) They must be crucified.
(d) They must be purified.
5. Who was in the burning bush?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Jesus fast in the desert?
2. What did Heracles kill from his crib?
3. What American did Campbell compare Mary to?
4. What two images show re-birth?
5. Why did Campbell say men created myths?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Campbell say Hell belonged to?
2. What was important about Chartres?
3. What did Campbell say was the second law of life?
4. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
5. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
6. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
7. What are Jung's opposing pairs, and what significance do they have?
8. What does the painting, the Second Coming, depict?
9. What did Campbell say about spiritually enlightened people in history?
10. Why did Campbell say humans began creating myths?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)