|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose life line is similar to Buddha's?
2. What American did Campbell compare Mary to?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Martin Luther King Jr.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
3. How did Campbell respond in question and answer situations?
(a) He answered too intricately.
(b) He was bored.
(c) He got easily annoyed.
(d) He was eager to answer them all.
4. Why was Krishna sent across the river?
(a) To protect his people.
(b) To expand his power.
(c) To incite a war.
(d) To escape death.
5. Which of these showed the commonality in human beliefs?
(b) Recantered mythology.
(d) Reinforced symbology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Campbell say men created myths?
2. What age did Campbell say would challenge literal interpretations?
3. Why were there ancient drawings of Jesus with an animal head?
4. What kind of religion is Christianity considered?
5. What did Medieval festivals often correlate with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Campbell's early religious roots?
2. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
3. What did Campbell say about spiritually enlightened people in history?
4. What was important about Chartres?
5. What significance did the Tower of Babel have on history?
6. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
7. What is Kundalini?
8. Who did the Mayans worship with a cross?
9. What is the theory of Christ's death that involves fishing?
10. What did Campbell say was the second law of life?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)