|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age did Campbell say would challenge literal interpretations?
(a) The Dark Ages.
(b) The Industrial Age.
(c) The Space Age.
(d) The Modern Age.
2. What did Campbell say was the most symbolic part of the Crucifixion?
(a) Mary as a mortal.
(b) The crown of thorns.
(c) The Cross.
(d) Christ being a God.
3. Which country held some agricultural mythology?
(a) All of these.
4. Who was the first infant to be adopted into a royal family?
5. What did Campbell say was the main benefit of groupings?
(b) Moral values.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of Medieval man was hesitant to trust Mother Nature?
2. According to the Catholics, what must happen for one to be resurrected?
3. What did the Sumarian God need when he created man?
4. Why were there ancient drawings of Jesus with an animal head?
5. What did Campbell say diverse traditions expressed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jung call the most significant religious document, and why?
2. Who did the Mayans worship with a cross?
3. How did Buddha die?
4. What were Campbell's early religious roots?
5. What did Campbell think the Space Age did to religious ideals?
6. What does the painting, the Second Coming, depict?
7. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
8. What was important about Chartres?
9. How are Judaism and Hinduism opposites of each other?
10. What did the Passover coincide with, according to Campbell?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)