|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must be shared for myths to be derived?
2. What did Medieval festivals often correlate with?
(a) Times of war.
(b) Seasonal cycles.
(c) Storm sequences.
(d) Times of bounty.
3. According to the Catholics, what must happen for one to be resurrected?
(a) They must belong to the Church.
(b) They must have faith.
(c) They must be purified.
(d) They must be crucified.
4. What did the Egyptians think of the tongue and teeth?
(a) They were sensory.
(b) They were ornamental.
(c) They were sexual.
(d) They were necessary.
5. How did Campbell describe marriage?
(a) A sacrifice.
(b) A love affair.
(c) A choice.
(d) A lifestyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What marked the first known sacred spaces?
2. Why did educated men misread ancient texts?
3. What was Mithra born from?
4. Who was in the burning bush?
5. What did Campbell say mattered most of all in religious matters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Campbell say Hell belonged to?
2. What did the Passover coincide with, according to Campbell?
3. How did Campbell describe his idea of Heaven?
4. How did a Jewish philosopher say a man might get to know God?
5. What are Jung's opposing pairs, and what significance do they have?
6. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
7. What was important about Chartres?
8. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
9. How was Buddha able to cross the river, and what happened afterward?
10. What is Kundalini?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)