|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who began the cycle of the patriarchs?
2. What did Campbell say would help men learn transcendence?
(b) The Bible.
3. What did Campbell say caused men to see there were no horizons?
(d) The ocean.
4. Who did the creator in Indian mythology punish?
(b) The heathens.
(c) The wicked.
5. How many creation stories are in Genesis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Thomas Merton study?
2. What kind of religion is Hinduism considered?
3. What marks Christianity as a true religion?
4. Who was the first infant to be adopted into a royal family?
5. Where did Mithra's cult flourish?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Buddha die?
2. How did Campbell say men should study Genesis and Exodus in the Bible?
3. What significance did the Tower of Babel have on history?
4. How are Judaism and Hinduism opposites of each other?
5. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
6. What is the Sumerian story of the creation?
7. Who did Campbell say Hell belonged to?
8. What did Jung call the most significant religious document, and why?
9. What was important about Chartres?
10. What did Campbell say about spiritually enlightened people in history?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)