|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of book was Kings?
2. What marks Christianity as a true religion?
(a) It has a following.
(b) It has a canon of scripture.
(c) It has a creed.
(d) It has historical evidence.
3. Who taught of a God of Light?
4. What kind of Medieval man was hesitant to trust Mother Nature?
(c) Desert nomads.
5. What historical event happened at Qumran?
(a) All of these.
(b) Mary spoke of her son.
(c) Jesus announced himself.
(d) John baptized people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mithra born from?
2. What is the form of the Upanishads God?
3. Who declared Buddha a beloved son?
4. Who began the cycle of the patriarchs?
5. What kind of religion is Christianity considered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Sumerian story of the creation?
2. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
3. How did Campbell say Christians went about learning new things?
4. What have studies shown about teaching religion to children?
5. What significance did the Tower of Babel have on history?
6. What did Campbell say was the second law of life?
7. How did Campbell describe his idea of Heaven?
8. How did a Jewish philosopher say a man might get to know God?
9. What did Jung call the most significant religious document, and why?
10. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)