|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of religion was Shinto considered?
(a) A Historical Religion.
(b) An Ethnic Religion.
(c) A Literal Religion.
(d) A World Religion.
2. What did Campbell say mythology was a language of?
(a) Religious experience.
3. Why was Krishna sent across the river?
(a) To protect his people.
(b) To incite a war.
(c) To expand his power.
(d) To escape death.
4. What did Medieval festivals often correlate with?
(a) Seasonal cycles.
(b) Times of bounty.
(c) Storm sequences.
(d) Times of war.
5. Which of these did Campbell say causes panic in people?
(a) Not being a part of something.
(b) Being betrayed.
(c) All of these.
(d) Seeing they are too similar to others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Thomas Merton study?
2. What did Campbell say Easter called men to?
3. What did Campbell say was the main benefit of groupings?
4. Why did Campbell not like preachers to explain symbols?
5. What universal motif applies to the story of Moses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was important about Chartres?
2. Who did Campbell say Hell belonged to?
3. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
4. What did Campbell say about spiritually enlightened people in history?
5. What have studies shown about teaching religion to children?
6. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
7. What does the painting, the Second Coming, depict?
8. What did Campbell say was the second law of life?
9. What did the Passover coincide with, according to Campbell?
10. What significance did the Tower of Babel have on history?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)