|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say Passover called men to?
(a) A renewed faith.
(b) A new life.
(c) A hopeful future.
(d) A higher purpose.
2. How long did Jesus fast in the desert?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 50 days.
(d) 40 days.
3. Who was Jesus teaching when he was missing from his parents?
(a) Wise men.
4. What two images show re-birth?
(a) The stars and the moon.
(b) The sun and the moon.
(c) The seed and the tree.
(d) The river and the ocean.
5. What did Campbell say mattered most of all in religious matters?
(a) Common sense.
(b) Common bonds.
(c) Common compassion.
(d) Common humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country held some agricultural mythology?
2. What kind of religion is Christianity considered?
3. What is the form of the Upanishads God?
4. How many creation stories are in Genesis?
5. What kind of religion was Shinto considered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Campbell say Hell belonged to?
2. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
3. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
4. What was important about Chartres?
5. What did the Passover coincide with, according to Campbell?
6. What did Campbell say was the second law of life?
7. What have studies shown about teaching religion to children?
8. What are Jung's opposing pairs, and what significance do they have?
9. Why did Campbell say humans began creating myths?
10. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)