|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jesus see before going into the wilderness on his fast?
(a) His apostles.
(b) The Greatest teacher.
(c) John the Baptist.
2. What was Mithra born from?
(a) The moon.
(b) The earth.
(c) A cloud.
(d) The ocean.
3. Who first had the idea of a Messiah to bring the end of times?
4. Which of Arthur's knights suggested going separately into the forest?
5. What did Campbell say would help men learn transcendence?
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Catholics, what must happen for one to be resurrected?
2. Why were there ancient drawings of Jesus with an animal head?
3. What marks Christianity as a true religion?
4. What occupation did Moses serve when he found the burning bush?
5. What did Jung say was the most important religious document?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Campbell say men should study Genesis and Exodus in the Bible?
2. What significance did the Tower of Babel have on history?
3. How was Buddha able to cross the river, and what happened afterward?
4. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
5. What is Kundalini?
6. How are Judaism and Hinduism opposites of each other?
7. What were Campbell's early religious roots?
8. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
9. What did Campbell say was the first law of life?
10. How did a Jewish philosopher say a man might get to know God?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)