|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say was the main benefit of groupings?
(b) Moral values.
2. What was Mithra born from?
(a) The moon.
(b) The ocean.
(c) A cloud.
(d) The earth.
3. What kind of book was Kings?
4. What did Heracles kill from his crib?
5. What did the procession of the equinoxes create?
(a) A new calendar.
(b) The zodiac.
(c) The myth of Zeuss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of Medieval man was hesitant to trust Mother Nature?
2. How did Campbell define transcendence?
3. Why did Campbell say mythology is no longer meaningful in most cases?
4. What did Campbell say Freud did to mythology?
5. What was Kennedy's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the theory of Christ's death that involves fishing?
2. What is Kundalini?
3. Why did Campbell say humans began creating myths?
4. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
5. What was important about Chartres?
6. What did the Passover coincide with, according to Campbell?
7. Who did the Mayans worship with a cross?
8. How was Buddha able to cross the river, and what happened afterward?
9. What are Jung's opposing pairs, and what significance do they have?
10. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)