|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say Easter called men to?
(a) A renewed faith.
(b) A new life.
(c) A hopeful future.
(d) A higher purpose.
2. Which of these showed the commonality in human beliefs?
(b) Reinforced symbology.
(c) Recantered mythology.
3. Who declared Buddha a beloved son?
(a) The Rain Bringer.
(b) The River Serpent.
(c) The Sun Holder.
(d) The Earth Goddess.
4. Which of these did Campbell say causes panic in people?
(a) Seeing they are too similar to others.
(b) Not being a part of something.
(c) All of these.
(d) Being betrayed.
5. What marks Christianity as a true religion?
(a) It has a creed.
(b) It has a canon of scripture.
(c) It has a following.
(d) It has historical evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Vyasa's father leave his seed?
2. What did Campbell say would help men learn transcendence?
3. What kind of religion was Shinto considered?
4. What was the solar mystery?
5. What horrible thing did King Kansa order?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)