|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who found Vyasa as a baby?
(a) A fisherman.
(b) A milkmaid.
(c) A God.
(d) A priest.
2. What historical event happened at Qumran?
(a) John baptized people.
(b) All of these.
(c) Jesus announced himself.
(d) Mary spoke of her son.
3. What did Jung say was the most important religious document?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Dedication of the Shroud of Turin.
(c) The Roman Catholic Dogma of the Assumption.
(d) The Appocrypha.
4. How did Campbell describe marriage?
(a) A love affair.
(b) A choice.
(c) A sacrifice.
(d) A lifestyle.
5. What does the Tristan say cannot be separated?
(a) Man and God.
(b) Suffering and bliss.
(c) Good and evil.
(d) Darkness and light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first country to establish a Goddess cult?
2. What marked the first known sacred spaces?
3. Why were there ancient drawings of Jesus with an animal head?
4. What kind of Medieval man was hesitant to trust Mother Nature?
5. Why did Campbell not like preachers to explain symbols?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)