|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Jewish men to be allowed into the covenant?
(a) Scholar Study.
(c) The First Passover.
(d) Bat Mizvahs.
2. What did Campbell say every man had to follow?
(a) The future.
(b) Their heart.
(c) The plan of God.
(d) Their own path.
3. What did Western religions pit against each other?
(a) Angels and demons.
(b) Good and evil.
(c) All of these.
(d) Man and God.
4. Why was Paul's teaching in Corinth accepted?
(a) They felt the spirit.
(b) His banking metaphor connected with them.
(c) They had witnessed what happened in Jerusalem.
(d) He was fulfilling prophecy.
5. Who asked Campbell about what he thought was a lie?
(a) A radio host.
(b) An editor.
(c) A student.
(d) A newspaper reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Campbell say concentrated on the denotative meaning of metaphors?
2. What did Campbell say promoted mathematics in education?
3. Who did Campbell compare Roman Catholic priests to when talking about the translation of Mass?
4. What caused the fall of the Medieval society, according to Campbell?
5. What happened when clergy were unable to interpret something?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the yin-yang represent?
2. What did Campbell say was the fourth function of metaphor?
3. How did Sri Ramakrishna open conversations?
4. What did Campbell say was the first function of metaphor?
5. What did Campbell say allowed radiance in life?
6. What was the metaphor used by Paul to describe the crucifixion?
7. What did Shive personify?
8. What did Campbell say metaphors truly described?
9. How did scholars and theologians differ when studying metaphor?
10. What did Campbell say came of tragic situations?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)