|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Campbell say most Western religions came from?
(d) The Middle East.
2. What did Campbell say the Bible was a depiction of?
(a) A journey of the soul.
(b) A good world falling.
(c) The way to manage society.
(d) The battle between good and evil.
3. What did Campbell say made narratives complex?
(b) Philosophical debates.
(c) Literary devices.
4. How did Campbell describe dreams?
(c) All of these.
5. What did Campbell say formed the mystery of the Orient?
(a) Maps and legends.
(d) Lost scripture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say had to happen for a heart to awaken?
2. What did Campbell say was a lie?
3. Who did Campbell say concentrated on the denotative meaning of metaphors?
4. What did Campbell say was an underlying definition of Mythology?
5. What did Campbell say was the second function served by Mythology?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did the Mayans worship with a cross?
2. Where did Campbell say many of our modern Easter symbols came from?
3. What was important about Chartres?
4. How was Buddha able to cross the river, and what happened afterward?
5. Why did Campbell say humans began creating myths?
6. How did Campbell say Christians went about learning new things?
7. What did Campbell say metaphors truly described?
8. What did Shive personify?
9. How did Campbell say gurus were attracting Western youth?
10. When did Campbell start talking about his ideas of myth being a lie?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)