|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say was the definition of God?
(a) There isn't one.
(b) The creator and master.
(c) A powerful being.
(d) One who gets tributed.
2. What did 'tat tvam asi' mean?
(a) God will rule.
(b) That is you.
(c) This will pass.
(d) Love is here.
3. What in the Bible did Campbell call poetry?
(a) The Commandments.
(b) The mythology.
(c) The symbolism.
(d) The Covenants.
4. What was Campbell doing when he declared something a lie?
(a) Doing an interview.
(b) Teaching a class.
(c) Talking with an expert.
(d) Writing a book.
5. How did Jung say man's imagination should be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell compare metaphors to?
2. Who said the Kingdom of God would spread unseen?
3. What did Campbell say people cannot view at a glance?
4. Where was it written that the Kingdom of God would spread unseen?
5. What did Campbell say metaphors described?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
2. How did Sri Ramakrishna open conversations?
3. How did Campbell say gurus were attracting Western youth?
4. What did Campbell say allowed radiance in life?
5. What did Campbell say corrupted the poetry of the Bible?
6. What was the difference cited between gurus and Arthurian knights?
7. What did Campbell say was the third function of metaphor?
8. Why did Campbell say it was useful to study many different religious traditions?
9. What did Campbell say was the fourth function of metaphor?
10. What did Campbell say would bring victory over patriarchal provincialism?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)