|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Campbell say concentrated on the concrete meaning of metaphors?
2. What did Campbell say made narratives complex?
(c) Philosophical debates.
(d) Literary devices.
3. What caused Jewish men to be allowed into the covenant?
(b) The First Passover.
(c) Bat Mizvahs.
(d) Scholar Study.
4. Who asked Campbell about what he thought was a lie?
(a) An editor.
(b) A newspaper reporter.
(c) A student.
(d) A radio host.
5. What ceased the power of what Campbell said connected people to the infinite?
(a) Changes in time.
(b) Literary figures.
(c) Scientific discoveries.
(d) Historical events.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say people cannot view at a glance?
2. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused?
3. What did the priest become when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
4. Where did the phrase "tat tvam asi" come from?
5. How did Campbell say religious metaphors should be understood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say caused the fall of the Medieval society?
2. What did Shive personify?
3. What did Campbell say Mythology's religious function was?
4. What happened when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
5. What did Campbell say corrupted the poetry of the Bible?
6. What did Campbell say metaphors truly described?
7. What did Campbell say allowed radiance in life?
8. What was the difference cited between gurus and Arthurian knights?
9. What did Campbell say came of tragic situations?
10. What was the Japanese idea about individuals, and what was the comparison made there?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)