|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Campbell say people want to submit to?
(a) A higher power.
(c) A loving person.
(d) Their fathers.
2. What kind of experiences did Campbell say led to rapture?
3. Who was enthroned between Isis and Hermes in a painting?
4. What was said to have cut short experiences?
5. What must fall away for people to grasp the truth, according to Campbell?
(a) The religious devotions.
(b) The metaphysical covers.
(c) The masks of God.
(d) The mythological texts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say should not be comfortable in church?
2. What did Campbell say was an underlying definition of Mythology?
3. What did Campbell say was a lie?
4. Why were Osiris and Set created?
5. How did Jung say man's imagination should be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say was the first function of metaphor?
2. What formed the mystery of the Orient?
3. What did Campbell say would bring victory over patriarchal provincialism?
4. What did Campbell say Mythology's religious function was?
5. What did Campbell say was the fourth function of metaphor?
6. What did Semitic traditions require that others did not, and why?
7. What did Campbell say corrupted the poetry of the Bible?
8. What happened when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
9. What was the difference cited between gurus and Arthurian knights?
10. What did the yin-yang represent?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)