|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jesus not fear in his life, according to Campbell?
2. What were some clergy unable to interpret?
3. Why was Paul's teaching in Corinth accepted?
(a) They felt the spirit.
(b) His banking metaphor connected with them.
(c) They had witnessed what happened in Jerusalem.
(d) He was fulfilling prophecy.
4. What caused the fall of the Medieval society, according to Campbell?
(a) The leaders died.
(b) The beliefs were questioned.
(c) The young generation was proud.
(d) The ideas were proved wrong.
5. What did Campbell say every man had to follow?
(a) Their heart.
(b) Their own path.
(c) The future.
(d) The plan of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say Christianity did to salvation?
2. Where did the phrase "tat tvam asi" come from?
3. What did Campbell say was the fulfillment of a man's purpose and direction?
4. Where did Campbell say most Western religions came from?
5. What did Campbell say was an underlying definition of Mythology?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Campbell say it was useful to study many different religious traditions?
2. What did Shive personify?
3. How did the Shinto religion differ from most Western religions?
4. How did Campbell describe myths?
5. What did Semitic traditions require that others did not, and why?
6. How did Sri Ramakrishna open conversations?
7. Where did Campbell say most Western religions came from?
8. What did Campbell say Westerners were yearning for?
9. How did Campbell say gurus were attracting Western youth?
10. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused, and why?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)