|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Campbell describe dreams?
(a) All of these.
2. Who was enthroned between Isis and Hermes in a painting?
3. What did half of the people in religion say was truth?
4. What did Campbell compare metaphors to?
(b) All of these.
5. What religion did Sri Ramakrishna follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say was the third function served by Mythology?
2. What did Campbell say promoted mathematics in education?
3. What did Campbell say was the fulfillment of a man's purpose and direction?
4. What did Campbell say caused Martin Luther King Jr.'s death?
5. What did Campbell say metaphors described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about men did Western religions think needed purification?
2. What did Campbell say was the second function of metaphor?
3. What was the Japanese idea about individuals, and what was the comparison made there?
4. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused, and why?
5. What did Campbell say metaphors truly described?
6. What did Campbell say Mythology's religious function was?
7. How did Campbell describe myths?
8. How did Sri Ramakrishna open conversations?
9. How did the Shinto religion differ from most Western religions?
10. What did Campbell say allowed radiance in life?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)