|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two trees did Paul see a connection between?
(a) The tree of life and the tree of death.
(b) The tree of the Fall and the tree of the Cross.
(c) The tree of knowledge and the tree of evil.
(d) The tree of the Crucifixion and the tree of life.
2. What did Campbell say caused Martin Luther King Jr.'s death?
(b) God's plan.
(d) His life path.
3. Who spoke of hearing things that could not be told?
4. What did Campbell say humans were to the Earth?
(b) Sense organs.
5. What did Campbell say myths were products of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when clergy were unable to interpret something?
2. What was the intermediate institution for Christians?
3. What did Campbell say the Earth was a precipitation of?
4. How did Campbell say religious metaphors should be understood?
5. What kind of victims were always found in Hebrew scriptures?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Semitic traditions require that others did not, and why?
2. What was the Japanese idea about individuals, and what was the comparison made there?
3. How did Campbell describe his idea of Heaven?
4. What did Campbell say a lot of history was created by?
5. Why did Campbell say it was useful to study many different religious traditions?
6. What did the yin-yang represent?
7. Who did Campbell say Hell belonged to?
8. How did Campbell say gurus were attracting Western youth?
9. How did Campbell say Christians went about learning new things?
10. What is the Sumerian story of the creation?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)