|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say Mythology was supposed to awaken?
2. What religion did Sri Ramakrishna follow?
3. Who did Campbell say concentrated on the denotative meaning of metaphors?
4. What did Campbell say the Earth was a precipitation of?
5. What in the Bible did Campbell call poetry?
(a) The Covenants.
(b) The mythology.
(c) The symbolism.
(d) The Commandments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Campbell talk about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. What did the yin yang represent?
3. What did Campbell say separated believers from atheists?
4. What kind of religion was seen as a protection from experience?
5. What did Campbell say caused Martin Luther King Jr.'s death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say was the first function of metaphor?
2. What did Campbell think the Space Age did to religious ideals?
3. What was important about Chartres?
4. What significance did the Tower of Babel have on history?
5. How did a Jewish philosopher say a man might get to know God?
6. Who were the Medieval cathedrals dedicated to, and why?
7. How did scholars and theologians differ when studying metaphor?
8. What did Campbell say would bring victory over patriarchal provincialism?
9. What are Jung's opposing pairs, and what significance do they have?
10. What was the Japanese idea about individuals, and what was the comparison made there?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)