|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eckhart say was the best thing God did for man?
(a) Sent his son.
(b) Inspired leaders.
(c) Wrote the Bible.
(d) Was a man himself.
2. What country did Campbell talk about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. What did Campbell say people cannot view at a glance?
(a) Their future.
(b) Their existence.
(c) Their wills.
(d) Their past.
4. What did Campbell say made narratives complex?
(a) Philosophical debates.
(b) Literary devices.
5. What must fall away for people to grasp the truth, according to Campbell?
(a) The mythological texts.
(b) The masks of God.
(c) The metaphysical covers.
(d) The religious devotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jung say man's imagination should be?
2. Who was enthroned between Isis and Hermes in a painting?
3. What was the intermediate institution for Christians?
4. How did Campbell describe meditation?
5. What religion did Sri Ramakrishna follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Shinto religion differ from most Western religions?
2. What was the Japanese idea about individuals, and what was the comparison made there?
3. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
4. What did Campbell say caused the fall of the Medieval society?
5. What about men did Western religions think needed purification?
6. How did Campbell describe myths?
7. What did Campbell say metaphors truly described?
8. What formed the mystery of the Orient?
9. What did Campbell say corrupted the poetry of the Bible?
10. How did Sri Ramakrishna open conversations?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)