|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of conquerors were always found in Hebrew scriptures?
2. Who did Campbell say concentrated on the denotative meaning of metaphors?
3. What level did Hinduism strive to deal with?
(a) The thou level.
(b) The think level.
(c) The thine level.
(d) The then level.
4. What country did Campbell talk about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. Who said the Kingdom of God would spread unseen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say was the third function served by Mythology?
2. What about the world did Navajos often meditate over?
3. Who did Campbell compare Roman Catholic priests to when talking about the translation of Mass?
4. What did Campbell say about the two neighboring lands of the country talked about in Chapter 2?
5. What did Campbell say should not be comfortable in church?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did scholars and theologians differ when studying metaphor?
2. What was the difference cited between gurus and Arthurian knights?
3. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
4. How did Campbell describe myths?
5. What did Campbell say was the fourth function of metaphor?
6. What did Campbell say corrupted the poetry of the Bible?
7. What did Campbell say caused the fall of the Medieval society?
8. What did Campbell say came of tragic situations?
9. What happened when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
10. Why did Campbell like visiting Japan so much?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)