|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What in the desert did Navajos attach mythological meaning to?
(a) The emptiness.
(b) The sand.
(c) Every detail.
(d) The snakes.
2. Who did Campbell say concentrated on the concrete meaning of metaphors?
3. Who saw religion as a protection from experience?
4. What did Eckhart say was the best thing God did for man?
(a) Inspired leaders.
(b) Wrote the Bible.
(c) Was a man himself.
(d) Sent his son.
5. Where did Campbell say most Western religions came from?
(b) The Middle East.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Campbell doing when he declared something a lie?
2. What did Campbell say the Bible was a depiction of?
3. What in the Bible did Campbell call poetry?
4. How did Jung say man's imagination should be?
5. What was the intermediate institution for Jews?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did scholars and theologians differ when studying metaphor?
2. What did Campbell say corrupted the poetry of the Bible?
3. What did Campbell say metaphors truly described?
4. What did Campbell say caused the fall of the Medieval society?
5. Why did Campbell say it was useful to study many different religious traditions?
6. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused, and why?
7. What did Shive personify?
8. How did the Shinto religion differ from most Western religions?
9. What did Campbell say was the second function of metaphor?
10. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)