|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused?
(b) All of these.
2. What kind of experiences did Campbell say led to rapture?
3. What did Campbell say myths were products of?
4. What did Campbell compare metaphors to?
(c) All of these.
5. What two trees did Paul see a connection between?
(a) The tree of the Fall and the tree of the Cross.
(b) The tree of life and the tree of death.
(c) The tree of knowledge and the tree of evil.
(d) The tree of the Crucifixion and the tree of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spoke of hearing things that could not be told?
2. What did Campbell say was the definition of God?
3. Where was it written that the Kingdom of God would spread unseen?
4. Who was enthroned between Isis and Hermes in a painting?
5. What did old images have to be freed of to impart truth, according to Campbell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
2. Where did Campbell say most Western religions came from?
3. Why did Campbell say it was useful to study many different religious traditions?
4. What was the difference cited between gurus and Arthurian knights?
5. How did Campbell describe myths?
6. What was the Japanese idea about individuals, and what was the comparison made there?
7. What did Campbell say Mythology's religious function was?
8. What happened when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
9. How did the Shinto religion differ from most Western religions?
10. Why did Campbell like visiting Japan so much?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)