|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say was the fulfillment of a man's purpose and direction?
(b) All of these.
2. What was the intermediate institution for Jews?
(a) A synagogue.
(b) A feast.
(c) A mystical union with God.
(d) A covenant.
3. What did Campbell say almost all religions have in common?
(a) There is a way to repent.
(b) God and Earth are differentiated.
(c) God is a punishing deity.
(d) There are scriptural records.
4. Why were Osiris and Set created?
(a) So people could meditate on Jesus.
(b) To honor a great leader.
(c) To explain the origin of the sun.
(d) To create respect for priests.
5. What did Campbell say were the main categories of God?
(a) Immortal and Mortal.
(b) Omnipotent and Omniscient.
(c) None of these.
(d) Being and nonbeing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say formed the mystery of the Orient?
2. What caused the fall of the Medieval society, according to Campbell?
3. How did Campbell say people could answer the metaphysical call?
4. What did the yin yang represent?
5. What kind of experiences did Campbell say led to rapture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say caused the fall of the Medieval society?
2. How did Campbell describe myths?
3. What did Campbell say Mythology's religious function was?
4. How did Sri Ramakrishna open conversations?
5. What did Campbell say Westerners were yearning for?
6. When did Campbell start talking about his ideas of myth being a lie?
7. What happened when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
8. What did Campbell say allowed radiance in life?
9. What was the Japanese idea about individuals, and what was the comparison made there?
10. How did the Shinto religion differ from most Western religions?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)