|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was enthroned between Isis and Hermes in a painting?
2. What did half of the people in religion say was truth?
3. Who did Campbell say concentrated on the concrete meaning of metaphors?
4. What did translating the Roman Catholic Mass cause?
(a) All of these.
(b) Dilution of mystery.
(c) Spread of the Gospel.
(d) Spiritual revolution.
5. What two trees did Paul see a connection between?
(a) The tree of the Crucifixion and the tree of life.
(b) The tree of life and the tree of death.
(c) The tree of the Fall and the tree of the Cross.
(d) The tree of knowledge and the tree of evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say the Earth was a precipitation of?
2. What did Eckhart say was the best thing God did for man?
3. What country did Campbell talk about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. What caused the fall of the Medieval society, according to Campbell?
5. What did Campbell say was the first function served by Mythology?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Campbell say gurus were attracting Western youth?
2. What was the difference cited between gurus and Arthurian knights?
3. What did Campbell say was the second function of metaphor?
4. When did Campbell start talking about his ideas of myth being a lie?
5. What happened when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
6. What did Campbell say was the fourth function of metaphor?
7. How did scholars and theologians differ when studying metaphor?
8. What was the Japanese idea about individuals, and what was the comparison made there?
9. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
10. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused, and why?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)