|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of conquerors were always found in Hebrew scriptures?
2. What did Campbell say made narratives complex?
(b) Philosophical debates.
(d) Literary devices.
3. What did Campbell say metaphors described?
(a) The outer world.
(b) The visions of the past.
(c) The soul.
(d) The mind.
4. How did Campbell say people could answer the metaphysical call?
(a) By going into the self.
(b) By letting go of the concrete.
(c) By finding beauty in nature.
(d) By relazing their hold on reality.
5. How did Campbell say religious metaphors should be understood?
(a) Through interpretation.
(b) Through meditation.
(c) By denotation.
(d) By connotation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the yin yang represent?
2. What did Campbell say allowed participation with the infinite?
3. What religion did Sri Ramakrishna follow?
4. What country did Campbell talk about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. What level did Buddhism strive to deal with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Campbell like visiting Japan so much?
2. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
3. What about men did Western religions think needed purification?
4. What did Campbell say was the second function of metaphor?
5. How did scholars and theologians differ when studying metaphor?
6. What did Campbell say caused the fall of the Medieval society?
7. When did Campbell start talking about his ideas of myth being a lie?
8. What did Semitic traditions require that others did not, and why?
9. What did Campbell say allowed radiance in life?
10. How did Sri Ramakrishna open conversations?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)