|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say almost all religions have in common?
(a) God and Earth are differentiated.
(b) There is a way to repent.
(c) There are scriptural records.
(d) God is a punishing deity.
2. What did the other half of people in religion say about what half of the people said was truth?
(a) They were teaching tools.
(b) They were useful.
(c) They were not to be trusted.
(d) They were lies.
3. What did Campbell say was the definition of God?
(a) One who gets tributed.
(b) There isn't one.
(c) The creator and master.
(d) A powerful being.
4. What kind of experiences did Campbell say led to rapture?
5. Who did Campbell say concentrated on the denotative meaning of metaphors?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was enthroned between Isis and Hermes in a painting?
2. What happened when clergy were unable to interpret something?
3. How did Jung say man's imagination should be?
4. What did Campbell compare metaphors to?
5. What did Campbell say was an underlying definition of Mythology?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Campbell say most Western religions came from?
2. What did Campbell say caused the fall of the Medieval society?
3. What about men did Western religions think needed purification?
4. What was the metaphor used by Paul to describe the crucifixion?
5. What did Campbell say corrupted the poetry of the Bible?
6. What did Campbell say was the third function of metaphor?
7. What formed the mystery of the Orient?
8. What did Campbell say was the second function of metaphor?
9. How did Campbell say gurus were attracting Western youth?
10. Why did Campbell like visiting Japan so much?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)