|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell compare metaphors to?
(a) All of these.
2. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused?
(c) All of these.
3. Where did Campbell say most Western religions came from?
(d) The Middle East.
4. What did Campbell say the Bible was a depiction of?
(a) A journey of the soul.
(b) A good world falling.
(c) The battle between good and evil.
(d) The way to manage society.
5. Why did Campbell say moral law brought no security?
(a) Money became more and more important.
(b) People had different opinions.
(c) The laws were not widely known as they should have been.
(d) Social life was changing constantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Campbell describe meditation?
2. What did Campbell say myths were products of?
3. What did Campbell say humans were to the Earth?
4. Who, besides the Jews, believed in a Promised Land?
5. What did the yin yang represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Campbell like visiting Japan so much?
2. How did Campbell describe myths?
3. What did Shive personify?
4. What did Campbell say would bring victory over patriarchal provincialism?
5. What about men did Western religions think needed purification?
6. What did Campbell say caused the fall of the Medieval society?
7. Where did Campbell say most Western religions came from?
8. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
9. What did Campbell say allowed radiance in life?
10. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused, and why?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)