|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What in the Bible did Campbell call poetry?
(a) The mythology.
(b) The Commandments.
(c) The symbolism.
(d) The Covenants.
2. What did Campbell say metaphors described?
(a) The mind.
(b) The soul.
(c) The outer world.
(d) The visions of the past.
3. What did 'tat tvam asi' mean?
(a) Love is here.
(b) God will rule.
(c) This will pass.
(d) That is you.
4. What were some clergy unable to interpret?
5. What did Campbell say was a lie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did old images have to be freed of to impart truth, according to Campbell?
2. Who asked Campbell about what he thought was a lie?
3. What did Campbell say should not be comfortable in church?
4. What must fall away for people to grasp the truth, according to Campbell?
5. Who said the Kingdom of God would spread unseen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say would bring victory over patriarchal provincialism?
2. What did Campbell say caused the fall of the Medieval society?
3. What did Campbell say corrupted the poetry of the Bible?
4. What did the yin-yang represent?
5. Where did Campbell say most Western religions came from?
6. What was the metaphor used by Paul to describe the crucifixion?
7. What was the difference cited between gurus and Arthurian knights?
8. How did the Shinto religion differ from most Western religions?
9. What happened when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
10. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused, and why?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)