|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say metaphors described?
(a) The soul.
(b) The visions of the past.
(c) The outer world.
(d) The mind.
2. What did Campbell say was the definition of God?
(a) There isn't one.
(b) One who gets tributed.
(c) A powerful being.
(d) The creator and master.
3. What country did Campbell enjoy visiting the most?
4. Who saw religion as a protection from experience?
5. What was Campbell doing when he declared something a lie?
(a) Writing a book.
(b) Teaching a class.
(c) Doing an interview.
(d) Talking with an expert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What in the Bible did Campbell call poetry?
2. What did Campbell say separated believers from atheists?
3. Who did Campbell compare Roman Catholic priests to when talking about the translation of Mass?
4. What did Campbell say made narratives complex?
5. What did Campbell say was an underlying definition of Mythology?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused, and why?
2. What was the metaphor used by Paul to describe the crucifixion?
3. What did the yin-yang represent?
4. How did Campbell say people in the world viewed metaphor?
5. What did Campbell say Westerners were yearning for?
6. What happened when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
7. What did Semitic traditions require that others did not, and why?
8. Why did Campbell say it was useful to study many different religious traditions?
9. What about men did Western religions think needed purification?
10. What did Campbell say allowed radiance in life?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)