|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many functions did Campbell say Mythology served?
2. What did Jesus not fear in his life, according to Campbell?
3. Why were Osiris and Set created?
(a) So people could meditate on Jesus.
(b) To create respect for priests.
(c) To honor a great leader.
(d) To explain the origin of the sun.
4. What did Campbell say metaphors described?
(a) The mind.
(b) The soul.
(c) The visions of the past.
(d) The outer world.
5. What kind of conquerors were always found in Hebrew scriptures?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say was the third function served by Mythology?
2. Where did Campbell say most Western religions came from?
3. What level did Buddhism strive to deal with?
4. What was the intermediate institution for Jews?
5. What kind of victims were always found in Hebrew scriptures?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did scholars and theologians differ when studying metaphor?
2. What about men did Western religions think needed purification?
3. How did Sri Ramakrishna open conversations?
4. Where did Campbell say most Western religions came from?
5. How did Campbell describe myths?
6. What did Semitic traditions require that others did not, and why?
7. What happened when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
8. What did Campbell say was the second function of metaphor?
9. What formed the mystery of the Orient?
10. What did Campbell say corrupted the poetry of the Bible?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)