|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in the burning bush?
2. What marks Christianity as a true religion?
(a) It has a creed.
(b) It has a canon of scripture.
(c) It has a following.
(d) It has historical evidence.
3. What did Paul say Christ redeemed man from?
(a) The influence of the Natural Man.
(b) The temptation of the devil.
(c) The curse of the law.
(d) The effects of the Fall.
4. Why were there ancient drawings of Jesus with an animal head?
(a) It was symbolic of strength.
(b) It was a common misconception of the time.
(c) It was an insult to Christians.
(d) It denoted him as a Jew.
5. What did the Sumarian God need when he created man?
(a) A pet.
(b) A gardener.
(c) A friend.
(d) A child.
6. What did Campbell say mythology was a language of?
(d) Religious experience.
7. What did the Jews think would happen when the Messiah came?
(a) A crucifixion.
(b) A war.
(c) A renewal of peace.
(d) The end of the world.
8. Who did the creator in Indian mythology punish?
(c) The heathens.
(d) The wicked.
9. What did Campbell say was the most symbolic part of the Crucifixion?
(a) Christ being a God.
(b) The Cross.
(c) The crown of thorns.
(d) Mary as a mortal.
10. Who did Jesus see before going into the wilderness on his fast?
(a) His apostles.
(b) The Greatest teacher.
(d) John the Baptist.
11. Which country held some agricultural mythology?
(b) All of these.
12. What did Campbell say Easter called men to?
(a) A higher purpose.
(b) A renewed faith.
(c) A new life.
(d) A hopeful future.
13. What universal motif applies to the story of Moses?
(a) The fight between good and evil.
(b) The rise of a leader.
(c) The call to duty.
(d) The Hero's journey.
14. What was the first God of Evil on record called?
(b) The Devil.
(c) The Deceiver.
15. Which of these showed the commonality in human beliefs?
(b) Reinforced symbology.
(d) Recantered mythology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Vyasa's father leave his seed?
2. What did Campbell say caused men to see there were no horizons?
3. How long did Jesus fast in the desert?
4. What does the Tristan say cannot be separated?
5. Where did Mithra's cult flourish?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)