|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Krishna sent across the river?
(a) To protect his people.
(b) To incite a war.
(c) To escape death.
(d) To expand his power.
2. What did Campbell say mattered most of all in religious matters?
(a) Common sense.
(b) Common bonds.
(c) Common humanity.
(d) Common compassion.
3. What did the procession of the equinoxes create?
(a) The myth of Zeuss.
(c) The zodiac.
(d) A new calendar.
4. What did the Sumarian God need when he created man?
(a) A friend.
(b) A child.
(c) A gardener.
(d) A pet.
5. Who did Jesus see before going into the wilderness on his fast?
(b) John the Baptist.
(c) His apostles.
(d) The Greatest teacher.
6. What did the Jews think would happen when the Messiah came?
(a) A war.
(b) A crucifixion.
(c) The end of the world.
(d) A renewal of peace.
7. What must be shared for myths to be derived?
8. What was the first country to establish a Goddess cult?
9. What movie was discussed in the Appendix?
(a) The Planet of the Apes.
(c) Space Explorers.
(d) Close Encounters of a Third Kind.
10. What did Campbell say Freud did to mythology?
(a) Destroyed ideas.
(b) Developed morals.
(c) Brought things to light.
(d) Muddled things.
11. How many creation stories are in Genesis?
12. Which country held some agricultural mythology?
(a) All of these.
13. Which of these did Campbell say causes panic in people?
(a) Seeing they are too similar to others.
(b) Not being a part of something.
(c) All of these.
(d) Being betrayed.
14. Who did the creator in Indian mythology punish?
(c) The wicked.
(d) The heathens.
15. What occupation did Moses serve when he found the burning bush?
(c) Well digger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the myth of the cave associated with?
2. Who does the Kabbala say men should marry?
3. What kind of book was Chronicles?
4. What did Heracles kill from his crib?
5. What did Dimmittis say one must do in order to die happily?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)