|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Heracles kill from his crib?
2. Where did Vyasa's father leave his seed?
(a) On a leaf.
(b) In a river.
(c) In a dead woman.
(d) On a rock.
3. What must be shared for myths to be derived?
4. What did Campbell say Easter called men to?
(a) A higher purpose.
(b) A new life.
(c) A hopeful future.
(d) A renewed faith.
5. Why were there ancient drawings of Jesus with an animal head?
(a) It was symbolic of strength.
(b) It denoted him as a Jew.
(c) It was a common misconception of the time.
(d) It was an insult to Christians.
6. What movie was discussed in the Appendix?
(a) Space Explorers.
(b) The Planet of the Apes.
(d) Close Encounters of a Third Kind.
7. What did Jung say was the most important religious document?
(a) The Appocrypha.
(b) The Roman Catholic Dogma of the Assumption.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Dedication of the Shroud of Turin.
8. What myth did the story of Jacob and Esau follow?
(a) Osiris and Set.
(b) Finn and Kinn.
(c) Venus and Mars.
(d) Zeuss and Pluto.
9. Which of these did Campbell say causes panic in people?
(a) Not being a part of something.
(b) Seeing they are too similar to others.
(c) Being betrayed.
(d) All of these.
10. Who was Jesus teaching when he was missing from his parents?
(d) Wise men.
11. What was Kennedy's occupation?
12. What did Campbell say Freud did to mythology?
(a) Developed morals.
(b) Brought things to light.
(c) Destroyed ideas.
(d) Muddled things.
13. What did Campbell say mythology was a language of?
(b) Religious experience.
14. What marked the first known sacred spaces?
(a) Special pottery.
(d) Cave drawings.
15. Who does the Kabbala say men should marry?
(a) Their other half.
(b) Their divine partner.
(c) Their companion.
(d) Their heavenly siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say was the main benefit of groupings?
2. What kind of religion is Hinduism considered?
3. Which of these showed the commonality in human beliefs?
4. What did Buddha give up when he became a leader?
5. Why was Krishna sent across the river?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)