|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Buddha give up when he became a leader?
(d) All of these.
2. What did Campbell say Passover called men to?
(a) A new life.
(b) A hopeful future.
(c) A higher purpose.
(d) A renewed faith.
3. What was Mithra born from?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A cloud.
(c) The moon.
(d) The earth.
4. What was Kennedy's occupation?
5. Who found Vyasa as a baby?
(a) A milkmaid.
(b) A God.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) A priest.
6. What did Campbell say needed to stop being fragmented?
(a) All of these.
(b) World mythology.
(c) Dead languages.
(d) Religious symbols.
7. What did Campbell say was the most symbolic part of the Crucifixion?
(a) Christ being a God.
(b) The crown of thorns.
(c) The Cross.
(d) Mary as a mortal.
8. Who declared Buddha a beloved son?
(a) The Rain Bringer.
(b) The Earth Goddess.
(c) The Sun Holder.
(d) The River Serpent.
9. Who taught of a God of Light?
10. What did Paul say Christ redeemed man from?
(a) The influence of the Natural Man.
(b) The curse of the law.
(c) The temptation of the devil.
(d) The effects of the Fall.
11. What kind of book was Chronicles?
12. Who does the Kabbala say men should marry?
(a) Their divine partner.
(b) Their heavenly siblings.
(c) Their companion.
(d) Their other half.
13. What does the Tristan say cannot be separated?
(a) Suffering and bliss.
(b) Good and evil.
(c) Darkness and light.
(d) Man and God.
14. What did Dimmittis say one must do in order to die happily?
(a) Have children.
(b) See the Savior.
(c) Learn wisdom.
(d) Live a good life.
15. Which country held some agricultural mythology?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Campbell define transcendence?
2. What did Campbell say diverse traditions expressed?
3. Who was Jesus teaching when he was missing from his parents?
4. What did Campbell say would help men learn transcendence?
5. How long did Jesus fast in the desert?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)