|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say mythology was a language of?
(d) Religious experience.
2. What did Campbell say Easter called men to?
(a) A higher purpose.
(b) A hopeful future.
(c) A renewed faith.
(d) A new life.
3. Why did Campbell say mythology is no longer meaningful in most cases?
(a) The symbols are antiquated.
(b) The lessons are too simple.
(c) The characters are shallow.
(d) Pieces of the stories are missing.
4. What must be shared for myths to be derived?
5. What did the Sumarian God need when he created man?
(a) A child.
(b) A friend.
(c) A gardener.
(d) A pet.
6. What kind of Karma is often found in Indian mythology?
7. Who did Jesus see before going into the wilderness on his fast?
(a) The Greatest teacher.
(b) John the Baptist.
(d) His apostles.
8. What marked the first known sacred spaces?
(a) Cave drawings.
(d) Special pottery.
9. Where did Vyasa's father leave his seed?
(a) In a dead woman.
(b) In a river.
(c) On a rock.
(d) On a leaf.
10. What did Campbell say Freud did to mythology?
(a) Destroyed ideas.
(b) Developed morals.
(c) Muddled things.
(d) Brought things to light.
11. What did people in Medieval Europe strive for?
(a) Money and wealth.
(b) Individual quests.
(c) Love and marriage.
(d) Respect and honor.
12. Who declared Buddha a beloved son?
(a) The Sun Holder.
(b) The Earth Goddess.
(c) The Rain Bringer.
(d) The River Serpent.
13. What did the Egyptians think of the tongue and teeth?
(a) They were sexual.
(b) They were sensory.
(c) They were ornamental.
(d) They were necessary.
14. Who taught of a God of Light?
15. What did Campbell say caused men to see there were no horizons?
(d) The ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who found Vyasa as a baby?
2. Who was in the burning bush?
3. What kind of book was Kings?
4. What did Campbell say mattered most of all in religious matters?
5. What movie was discussed in the Appendix?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)