|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What horrible thing did King Kansa order?
(a) Rape of women.
(c) A mass murder of priests.
(d) A holocaust.
2. What age did Campbell say would challenge literal interpretations?
(a) The Modern Age.
(b) The Dark Ages.
(c) The Space Age.
(d) The Industrial Age.
3. What did Campbell say was the most symbolic part of the Crucifixion?
(a) The crown of thorns.
(b) The Cross.
(c) Mary as a mortal.
(d) Christ being a God.
4. How did Campbell define transcendence?
(a) Finding an identity.
(b) Moving beyond something.
(c) Learning about the past.
(d) Shedding sinful ways.
5. What kind of book was Chronicles?
6. How did Campbell describe marriage?
(a) A choice.
(b) A sacrifice.
(c) A love affair.
(d) A lifestyle.
7. What kind of creator was common in Indian mythology?
8. What did Jung say was the most important religious document?
(a) The Dedication of the Shroud of Turin.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Roman Catholic Dogma of the Assumption.
(d) The Appocrypha.
9. Whose life line is similar to Buddha's?
10. What did Campbell say mattered most of all in religious matters?
(a) Common bonds.
(b) Common sense.
(c) Common compassion.
(d) Common humanity.
11. What did Campbell say caused men to see there were no horizons?
(a) The ocean.
12. What did Dimmittis say one must do in order to die happily?
(a) Live a good life.
(b) Learn wisdom.
(c) Have children.
(d) See the Savior.
13. Which country held some agricultural mythology?
(c) All of these.
14. What did Campbell say diverse traditions expressed?
(a) A single experience.
(b) A higher power.
(c) A new inspiration.
(d) A source of salvation.
15. What did Medieval festivals often correlate with?
(a) Times of bounty.
(b) Storm sequences.
(c) Times of war.
(d) Seasonal cycles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Campbell say mythology is no longer meaningful in most cases?
2. Who did Jesus see before going into the wilderness on his fast?
3. How many creation stories are in Genesis?
4. What did the Jews think would happen when the Messiah came?
5. What did Paul say Christ redeemed man from?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)