|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the myth of the cave associated with?
(a) The Spring Equinox.
(b) The Winter Solstice.
(c) The Summer Solstice.
(d) The Autumn Equinox.
2. What did Campbell say Passover called men to?
(a) A renewed faith.
(b) A hopeful future.
(c) A higher purpose.
(d) A new life.
3. What kind of Karma is often found in Indian mythology?
4. What age did Campbell say would challenge literal interpretations?
(a) The Modern Age.
(b) The Dark Ages.
(c) The Space Age.
(d) The Industrial Age.
5. What did the Devil tempt Christ with?
(a) Spiritual power.
(b) All of these.
(d) Monetary wealth.
6. What two images show re-birth?
(a) The stars and the moon.
(b) The seed and the tree.
(c) The river and the ocean.
(d) The sun and the moon.
7. What kind of Medieval man was hesitant to trust Mother Nature?
(b) Desert nomads.
8. What did men cling to during the Passover?
(a) The past.
(b) The future.
(c) Their blessings.
(d) Their family.
9. How many creation stories are in Genesis?
10. Whose life line is similar to Buddha's?
11. What did people in Medieval Europe strive for?
(a) Money and wealth.
(b) Love and marriage.
(c) Respect and honor.
(d) Individual quests.
12. What did Medieval festivals often correlate with?
(a) Storm sequences.
(b) Times of bounty.
(c) Seasonal cycles.
(d) Times of war.
13. Why were there ancient drawings of Jesus with an animal head?
(a) It was symbolic of strength.
(b) It denoted him as a Jew.
(c) It was a common misconception of the time.
(d) It was an insult to Christians.
14. Why did educated men misread ancient texts?
(a) They did not understand the symbology.
(b) They only had half the language.
(c) They thought myths were lies.
(d) They took symbols at face value.
15. What did Campbell say would help men learn transcendence?
(a) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mithra born from?
2. Which of these did Campbell say causes panic in people?
3. Who began the cycle of the patriarchs?
4. What must be shared for myths to be derived?
5. What did the Egyptians think of the tongue and teeth?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)