|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did people in Medieval Europe strive for?
(a) Respect and honor.
(b) Individual quests.
(c) Love and marriage.
(d) Money and wealth.
2. Why was Krishna sent across the river?
(a) To expand his power.
(b) To escape death.
(c) To incite a war.
(d) To protect his people.
3. How many creation stories are in Genesis?
4. What kind of book was Chronicles?
5. How long did Jesus fast in the desert?
(a) 30 days.
(b) 20 days.
(c) 50 days.
(d) 40 days.
6. What American did Campbell compare Mary to?
(a) Martin Luther King Jr.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
7. What marks Christianity as a true religion?
(a) It has a following.
(b) It has a canon of scripture.
(c) It has historical evidence.
(d) It has a creed.
8. What did Medieval festivals often correlate with?
(a) Times of war.
(b) Storm sequences.
(c) Times of bounty.
(d) Seasonal cycles.
9. Who does the Kabbala say men should marry?
(a) Their heavenly siblings.
(b) Their companion.
(c) Their other half.
(d) Their divine partner.
10. How did Campbell describe marriage?
(a) A love affair.
(b) A lifestyle.
(c) A sacrifice.
(d) A choice.
11. What did the Egyptians think of the tongue and teeth?
(a) They were sensory.
(b) They were ornamental.
(c) They were necessary.
(d) They were sexual.
12. Who first had the idea of a Messiah to bring the end of times?
13. What was Kennedy's occupation?
14. What did Campbell say was the main benefit of groupings?
(a) Moral values.
15. What did Dimmittis say one must do in order to die happily?
(a) Live a good life.
(b) See the Savior.
(c) Learn wisdom.
(d) Have children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the procession of the equinoxes create?
2. What two images show re-birth?
3. What age did Campbell say would challenge literal interpretations?
4. Whose life line is similar to Buddha's?
5. What kind of religion was Shinto considered?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)