|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the form of the Upanishads God?
(a) The Ocean.
(b) The Sun.
(c) The Earth.
(d) The Soul.
2. What myth did the story of Jacob and Esau follow?
(a) Osiris and Set.
(b) Finn and Kinn.
(c) Zeuss and Pluto.
(d) Venus and Mars.
3. What kind of book was Kings?
4. What historical event happened at Qumran?
(a) All of these.
(b) John baptized people.
(c) Jesus announced himself.
(d) Mary spoke of her son.
5. Who was Jesus teaching when he was missing from his parents?
(b) Wise men.
6. Which of these did Campbell say causes panic in people?
(a) Seeing they are too similar to others.
(b) Being betrayed.
(c) Not being a part of something.
(d) All of these.
7. Why did educated men misread ancient texts?
(a) They did not understand the symbology.
(b) They thought myths were lies.
(c) They only had half the language.
(d) They took symbols at face value.
8. Who does the Kabbala say men should marry?
(a) Their divine partner.
(b) Their heavenly siblings.
(c) Their other half.
(d) Their companion.
9. What must be shared for myths to be derived?
10. What marked the first known sacred spaces?
(a) Special pottery.
(b) Cave drawings.
11. What did Campbell say caused men to see there were no horizons?
(c) The ocean.
12. What did Buddha give up when he became a leader?
(c) All of these.
13. What was the first country to establish a Goddess cult?
14. What did Medieval festivals often correlate with?
(a) Seasonal cycles.
(b) Times of bounty.
(c) Storm sequences.
(d) Times of war.
15. Who taught of a God of Light?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who declared Buddha a beloved son?
2. Why was Krishna sent across the river?
3. What kind of book was Chronicles?
4. Where did Vyasa's father leave his seed?
5. Who was in the burning bush?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)