|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of creator was common in Indian mythology?
2. Where did Vyasa's father leave his seed?
(a) On a rock.
(b) On a leaf.
(c) In a river.
(d) In a dead woman.
3. What did Buddha give up when he became a leader?
(b) All of these.
4. Who first had the idea of a Messiah to bring the end of times?
5. What kind of head did Set have, in ancient art?
(a) A fish.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) An ass.
6. What did Campbell say mythology was a language of?
(b) Religious experience.
7. Which of these did Campbell say causes panic in people?
(a) All of these.
(b) Seeing they are too similar to others.
(c) Not being a part of something.
(d) Being betrayed.
8. What movie was discussed in the Appendix?
(a) The Planet of the Apes.
(c) Space Explorers.
(d) Close Encounters of a Third Kind.
9. What age did Campbell say would challenge literal interpretations?
(a) The Industrial Age.
(b) The Dark Ages.
(c) The Space Age.
(d) The Modern Age.
10. What universal motif applies to the story of Moses?
(a) The Hero's journey.
(b) The call to duty.
(c) The fight between good and evil.
(d) The rise of a leader.
11. What horrible thing did King Kansa order?
(a) A holocaust.
(b) A mass murder of priests.
(c) Rape of women.
12. What occupation did Moses serve when he found the burning bush?
(a) Well digger.
13. What kind of Medieval man was hesitant to trust Mother Nature?
(c) Desert nomads.
14. Who was the first infant to be adopted into a royal family?
15. What did Campbell say Freud did to mythology?
(a) Destroyed ideas.
(b) Muddled things.
(c) Brought things to light.
(d) Developed morals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught of a God of Light?
2. What did Campbell say Passover called men to?
3. Which of Arthur's knights suggested going separately into the forest?
4. What American did Campbell compare Mary to?
5. What did Heracles kill from his crib?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)