|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of religion is Hinduism considered?
(a) A World Religion.
(b) A Literal Religion.
(c) An Ethnic Religion.
(d) A Historical Religion.
2. What did Medieval festivals often correlate with?
(a) Times of bounty.
(b) Seasonal cycles.
(c) Times of war.
(d) Storm sequences.
3. Why did Campbell not like preachers to explain symbols?
(a) The symbols should speak for themselves.
(b) The people should discover them on their own.
(c) There is not one meaning to symbols.
(d) They are not an authority.
4. What universal motif applies to the story of Moses?
(a) The Hero's journey.
(b) The call to duty.
(c) The fight between good and evil.
(d) The rise of a leader.
5. What kind of book was Kings?
6. What did the procession of the equinoxes create?
(a) The zodiac.
(b) The myth of Zeuss.
(c) A new calendar.
7. What myth did the story of Jacob and Esau follow?
(a) Zeuss and Pluto.
(b) Venus and Mars.
(c) Osiris and Set.
(d) Finn and Kinn.
8. What did Campbell say Freud did to mythology?
(a) Muddled things.
(b) Destroyed ideas.
(c) Developed morals.
(d) Brought things to light.
9. What did Campbell say Easter called men to?
(a) A renewed faith.
(b) A hopeful future.
(c) A new life.
(d) A higher purpose.
10. What did the Devil tempt Christ with?
(a) All of these.
(c) Spiritual power.
(d) Monetary wealth.
11. What was the first country to establish a Goddess cult?
12. What marks Christianity as a true religion?
(a) It has a following.
(b) It has a creed.
(c) It has a canon of scripture.
(d) It has historical evidence.
13. Who was Jesus teaching when he was missing from his parents?
(b) Wise men.
14. Who began the cycle of the patriarchs?
15. Who taught of a God of Light?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Arthur's knights suggested going separately into the forest?
2. What did men cling to during the Passover?
3. What did the Jews think would happen when the Messiah came?
4. What does the Tristan say cannot be separated?
5. What historical event happened at Qumran?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)