|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Devil tempt Christ with?
(a) Spiritual power.
(b) All of these.
(c) Monetary wealth.
2. What did Thomas Merton study?
3. Whose life line is similar to Buddha's?
4. Why was Krishna sent across the river?
(a) To expand his power.
(b) To protect his people.
(c) To incite a war.
(d) To escape death.
5. What was the solar mystery?
(a) The sun is static and immobile.
(b) The afterlife is in the Earth.
(c) Nobody dies or is born.
(d) There is no end to creation.
6. What kind of religion is Hinduism considered?
(a) An Ethnic Religion.
(b) A World Religion.
(c) A Historical Religion.
(d) A Literal Religion.
7. Why did Campbell not like preachers to explain symbols?
(a) The symbols should speak for themselves.
(b) There is not one meaning to symbols.
(c) The people should discover them on their own.
(d) They are not an authority.
8. What did the Jews think would happen when the Messiah came?
(a) A crucifixion.
(b) A war.
(c) A renewal of peace.
(d) The end of the world.
9. What did Campbell say mythology was a language of?
(c) Religious experience.
10. Which of these showed the commonality in human beliefs?
(b) Recantered mythology.
(c) Reinforced symbology.
11. What marked the first known sacred spaces?
(a) Cave drawings.
(c) Special pottery.
12. What myth did the story of Jacob and Esau follow?
(a) Osiris and Set.
(b) Finn and Kinn.
(c) Zeuss and Pluto.
(d) Venus and Mars.
13. How long did Jesus fast in the desert?
(a) 40 days.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 50 days.
14. Who was the first infant to be adopted into a royal family?
15. According to the Catholics, what must happen for one to be resurrected?
(a) They must be purified.
(b) They must be crucified.
(c) They must belong to the Church.
(d) They must have faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jung say was the most important religious document?
2. What did Campbell say was the most symbolic part of the Crucifixion?
3. What did Medieval festivals often correlate with?
4. What horrible thing did King Kansa order?
5. Why were there ancient drawings of Jesus with an animal head?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)