|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say needed to stop being fragmented?
(a) All of these.
(b) Religious symbols.
(c) World mythology.
(d) Dead languages.
2. What did Campbell say was the main benefit of groupings?
(b) Moral values.
3. What did Heracles kill from his crib?
4. Why did Campbell not like preachers to explain symbols?
(a) The people should discover them on their own.
(b) There is not one meaning to symbols.
(c) The symbols should speak for themselves.
(d) They are not an authority.
5. What age did Campbell say would challenge literal interpretations?
(a) The Modern Age.
(b) The Space Age.
(c) The Dark Ages.
(d) The Industrial Age.
6. What kind of religion is Hinduism considered?
(a) An Ethnic Religion.
(b) A World Religion.
(c) A Literal Religion.
(d) A Historical Religion.
7. What marks Christianity as a true religion?
(a) It has a canon of scripture.
(b) It has historical evidence.
(c) It has a creed.
(d) It has a following.
8. What did the Jews think would happen when the Messiah came?
(a) A crucifixion.
(b) The end of the world.
(c) A renewal of peace.
(d) A war.
9. What two images show re-birth?
(a) The sun and the moon.
(b) The stars and the moon.
(c) The seed and the tree.
(d) The river and the ocean.
10. What was the myth of the cave associated with?
(a) The Spring Equinox.
(b) The Summer Solstice.
(c) The Winter Solstice.
(d) The Autumn Equinox.
11. Why were there ancient drawings of Jesus with an animal head?
(a) It was symbolic of strength.
(b) It denoted him as a Jew.
(c) It was a common misconception of the time.
(d) It was an insult to Christians.
12. What kind of Karma is often found in Indian mythology?
13. What was Kennedy's occupation?
14. What did Buddha give up when he became a leader?
(c) All of these.
15. Who found Vyasa as a baby?
(a) A milkmaid.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A God.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dimmittis say one must do in order to die happily?
2. How did Campbell respond in question and answer situations?
3. Who first had the idea of a Messiah to bring the end of times?
4. What kind of creator was common in Indian mythology?
5. What did Medieval festivals often correlate with?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)