|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Catholics, what must happen for one to be resurrected?
(a) They must be crucified.
(b) They must belong to the Church.
(c) They must have faith.
(d) They must be purified.
2. What did Campbell say mythology was a language of?
(d) Religious experience.
3. What did Jung say was the most important religious document?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Appocrypha.
(c) The Dedication of the Shroud of Turin.
(d) The Roman Catholic Dogma of the Assumption.
4. What did Paul say Christ redeemed man from?
(a) The temptation of the devil.
(b) The influence of the Natural Man.
(c) The effects of the Fall.
(d) The curse of the law.
5. What kind of book was Kings?
6. What kind of religion was Shinto considered?
(a) A World Religion.
(b) A Historical Religion.
(c) An Ethnic Religion.
(d) A Literal Religion.
7. What did Campbell say would help men learn transcendence?
(b) The Bible.
8. What did Campbell say needed to stop being fragmented?
(a) World mythology.
(b) Religious symbols.
(c) Dead languages.
(d) All of these.
9. What did Campbell say diverse traditions expressed?
(a) A single experience.
(b) A source of salvation.
(c) A new inspiration.
(d) A higher power.
10. Why did Campbell not like preachers to explain symbols?
(a) There is not one meaning to symbols.
(b) They are not an authority.
(c) The people should discover them on their own.
(d) The symbols should speak for themselves.
11. What is the form of the Upanishads God?
(a) The Soul.
(b) The Earth.
(c) The Ocean.
(d) The Sun.
12. What did the Jews think would happen when the Messiah came?
(a) A renewal of peace.
(b) A war.
(c) A crucifixion.
(d) The end of the world.
13. Which of Arthur's knights suggested going separately into the forest?
14. Whose life line is similar to Buddha's?
15. What occupation did Moses serve when he found the burning bush?
(d) Well digger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Devil tempt Christ with?
2. Who does the Kabbala say men should marry?
3. What kind of Karma is often found in Indian mythology?
4. Where did Mithra's cult flourish?
5. What movie was discussed in the Appendix?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)