|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie was discussed in the Appendix?
(a) Space Explorers.
(b) The Planet of the Apes.
(d) Close Encounters of a Third Kind.
2. How did Campbell respond in question and answer situations?
(a) He answered too intricately.
(b) He was eager to answer them all.
(c) He was bored.
(d) He got easily annoyed.
3. Who did Jesus see before going into the wilderness on his fast?
(a) John the Baptist.
(c) The Greatest teacher.
(d) His apostles.
4. Who first had the idea of a Messiah to bring the end of times?
5. How did Campbell describe marriage?
(a) A sacrifice.
(b) A lifestyle.
(c) A choice.
(d) A love affair.
6. Who declared Buddha a beloved son?
(a) The Sun Holder.
(b) The Rain Bringer.
(c) The Earth Goddess.
(d) The River Serpent.
7. What did people in Medieval Europe strive for?
(a) Respect and honor.
(b) Money and wealth.
(c) Individual quests.
(d) Love and marriage.
8. What did Campbell say Freud did to mythology?
(a) Destroyed ideas.
(b) Muddled things.
(c) Brought things to light.
(d) Developed morals.
9. Why was Krishna sent across the river?
(a) To escape death.
(b) To incite a war.
(c) To protect his people.
(d) To expand his power.
10. What did Medieval festivals often correlate with?
(a) Times of bounty.
(b) Seasonal cycles.
(c) Storm sequences.
(d) Times of war.
11. What marks Christianity as a true religion?
(a) It has a canon of scripture.
(b) It has historical evidence.
(c) It has a creed.
(d) It has a following.
12. What does the Tristan say cannot be separated?
(a) Good and evil.
(b) Suffering and bliss.
(c) Darkness and light.
(d) Man and God.
13. What myth did the story of Jacob and Esau follow?
(a) Zeuss and Pluto.
(b) Osiris and Set.
(c) Finn and Kinn.
(d) Venus and Mars.
14. What was the myth of the cave associated with?
(a) The Winter Solstice.
(b) The Spring Equinox.
(c) The Summer Solstice.
(d) The Autumn Equinox.
15. Which of these showed the commonality in human beliefs?
(b) Recantered mythology.
(c) Reinforced symbology.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Campbell define transcendence?
2. Who was Jesus teaching when he was missing from his parents?
3. What did Campbell say would help men learn transcendence?
4. What did Campbell say was the main benefit of groupings?
5. What was the first God of Evil on record called?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)