Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the form of the Upanishads God?
(a) The Ocean.
(b) The Sun.
(c) The Earth.
(d) The Soul.
2. What horrible thing did King Kansa order?
(a) A holocaust.
(c) Rape of women.
(d) A mass murder of priests.
3. Who was in the burning bush?
4. What did Campbell say Passover called men to?
(a) A new life.
(b) A hopeful future.
(c) A higher purpose.
(d) A renewed faith.
5. How long did Jesus fast in the desert?
(a) 40 days.
(b) 20 days.
(c) 50 days.
(d) 30 days.
6. What did the Jews think would happen when the Messiah came?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) A crucifixion.
(c) A war.
(d) A renewal of peace.
7. Who found Vyasa as a baby?
(a) A milkmaid.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A God.
(d) A priest.
8. What universal motif applies to the story of Moses?
(a) The rise of a leader.
(b) The Hero's journey.
(c) The call to duty.
(d) The fight between good and evil.
9. What did Campbell say diverse traditions expressed?
(a) A single experience.
(b) A higher power.
(c) A new inspiration.
(d) A source of salvation.
10. Who did Jesus see before going into the wilderness on his fast?
(a) The Greatest teacher.
(b) John the Baptist.
(c) His apostles.
11. What marked the first known sacred spaces?
(b) Special pottery.
(d) Cave drawings.
12. Where did Mithra's cult flourish?
13. What kind of creator was common in Indian mythology?
14. Why did Campbell say men created myths?
(a) All of these.
(b) To pass on history.
(c) To remember stories.
(d) To preach truth.
15. What kind of book was Chronicles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two images show re-birth?
2. What did Campbell say needed to stop being fragmented?
3. What did the Egyptians think of the tongue and teeth?
4. What did Dimmittis say one must do in order to die happily?
5. What kind of Karma is often found in Indian mythology?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)