|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Jesus teaching when he was missing from his parents?
(b) Wise men.
2. What kind of religion is Hinduism considered?
(a) An Ethnic Religion.
(b) A Literal Religion.
(c) A Historical Religion.
(d) A World Religion.
3. What did Campbell say Easter called men to?
(a) A hopeful future.
(b) A new life.
(c) A higher purpose.
(d) A renewed faith.
4. Why did educated men misread ancient texts?
(a) They did not understand the symbology.
(b) They thought myths were lies.
(c) They took symbols at face value.
(d) They only had half the language.
5. What did Campbell say was the most symbolic part of the Crucifixion?
(a) The crown of thorns.
(b) Mary as a mortal.
(c) The Cross.
(d) Christ being a God.
6. What did Campbell say caused men to see there were no horizons?
(d) The ocean.
7. According to the Catholics, what must happen for one to be resurrected?
(a) They must be crucified.
(b) They must belong to the Church.
(c) They must have faith.
(d) They must be purified.
8. Which of these showed the commonality in human beliefs?
(a) Recantered mythology.
(c) Reinforced symbology.
9. Why were there ancient drawings of Jesus with an animal head?
(a) It was symbolic of strength.
(b) It denoted him as a Jew.
(c) It was an insult to Christians.
(d) It was a common misconception of the time.
10. What was Mithra born from?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A cloud.
(c) The moon.
(d) The earth.
11. What was the myth of the cave associated with?
(a) The Winter Solstice.
(b) The Summer Solstice.
(c) The Spring Equinox.
(d) The Autumn Equinox.
12. What kind of Karma is often found in Indian mythology?
13. What was Kennedy's occupation?
14. What occupation did Moses serve when he found the burning bush?
(c) Well digger.
15. What kind of head did Set have, in ancient art?
(a) A bird.
(b) An ass.
(c) A dog.
(d) A fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must be shared for myths to be derived?
2. What did Campbell say mattered most of all in religious matters?
3. What was the first God of Evil on record called?
4. What did Heracles kill from his crib?
5. What did the procession of the equinoxes create?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)