|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jung say was the most important religious document?
(a) The Appocrypha.
(b) The Dedication of the Shroud of Turin.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Roman Catholic Dogma of the Assumption.
2. What movie was discussed in the Appendix?
(a) Space Explorers.
(c) Close Encounters of a Third Kind.
(d) The Planet of the Apes.
3. Who did the creator in Indian mythology punish?
(a) The heathens.
(b) The wicked.
4. Which of Arthur's knights suggested going separately into the forest?
5. What did the Jews think would happen when the Messiah came?
(a) A crucifixion.
(b) A renewal of peace.
(c) A war.
(d) The end of the world.
6. Where did Vyasa's father leave his seed?
(a) In a dead woman.
(b) In a river.
(c) On a leaf.
(d) On a rock.
7. Where did Mithra's cult flourish?
8. How did Campbell respond in question and answer situations?
(a) He was bored.
(b) He was eager to answer them all.
(c) He answered too intricately.
(d) He got easily annoyed.
9. What did Campbell say Passover called men to?
(a) A hopeful future.
(b) A new life.
(c) A renewed faith.
(d) A higher purpose.
10. What historical event happened at Qumran?
(a) Jesus announced himself.
(b) Mary spoke of her son.
(c) All of these.
(d) John baptized people.
11. What kind of creator was common in Indian mythology?
12. Who first had the idea of a Messiah to bring the end of times?
13. Who taught of a God of Light?
14. What did the procession of the equinoxes create?
(a) The myth of Zeuss.
(b) A new calendar.
(d) The zodiac.
15. Why did Campbell say mythology is no longer meaningful in most cases?
(a) The lessons are too simple.
(b) The characters are shallow.
(c) Pieces of the stories are missing.
(d) The symbols are antiquated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrible thing did King Kansa order?
2. What did Campbell say mythology was a language of?
3. What did Campbell say Freud did to mythology?
4. What did Campbell say Easter called men to?
5. What must be shared for myths to be derived?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)