|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Campbell say people could answer the metaphysical call?
(a) By going into the self.
(b) By letting go of the concrete.
(c) By relazing their hold on reality.
(d) By finding beauty in nature.
2. Where did Campbell say most Western religions came from?
(c) The Middle East.
3. What did Campbell say was the second function served by Mythology?
(a) Carrying individuals through life's crises.
(b) Supporting moral order in society.
(c) Perceiving the mystery of time and space.
(d) Alligning consciousness to the mysteries of the universe.
4. What did 'tat tvam asi' mean?
(a) This will pass.
(b) That is you.
(c) Love is here.
(d) God will rule.
5. What did Campbell say promoted mathematics in education?
6. What in the Bible did Campbell call poetry?
(a) The Commandments.
(b) The Covenants.
(c) The symbolism.
(d) The mythology.
7. What two trees did Paul see a connection between?
(a) The tree of life and the tree of death.
(b) The tree of knowledge and the tree of evil.
(c) The tree of the Fall and the tree of the Cross.
(d) The tree of the Crucifixion and the tree of life.
8. What did Campbell say was the fulfillment of a man's purpose and direction?
(c) All of these.
9. What caused the fall of the Medieval society, according to Campbell?
(a) The ideas were proved wrong.
(b) The leaders died.
(c) The young generation was proud.
(d) The beliefs were questioned.
10. What did Campbell say were the main categories of God?
(a) Being and nonbeing.
(b) None of these.
(c) Omnipotent and Omniscient.
(d) Immortal and Mortal.
11. What did Campbell compare metaphors to?
(c) All of these.
12. What country did Campbell talk about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
13. What did Campbell say formed the mystery of the Orient?
(b) Maps and legends.
(c) Lost scripture.
14. What was said to have cut short experiences?
15. What did Campbell say myths were products of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of victims were always found in Hebrew scriptures?
2. What did Campbell say had to happen for a heart to awaken?
3. What did Campbell say allowed participation with the infinite?
4. What ceased the power of what Campbell said connected people to the infinite?
5. How did Campbell say religious metaphors should be understood?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)