|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What in the desert did Navajos attach mythological meaning to?
(a) The snakes.
(b) The sand.
(c) Every detail.
(d) The emptiness.
2. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused?
(a) All of these.
3. What about the world did Navajos often meditate over?
4. What did Western religions pit against each other?
(a) Angels and demons.
(b) All of these.
(c) Man and God.
(d) Good and evil.
5. What is the Jewish name for God?
6. What did Campbell say the Earth was a precipitation of?
7. What did Campbell say allowed participation with the infinite?
8. What must humans do to create new symbols in life?
(a) All of these.
(b) Anticipate the future.
(c) Study the past.
(d) Look within themselves.
9. What kind of conquerors were always found in Hebrew scriptures?
10. What kind of religion was seen as a protection from experience?
11. What did half of the people in religion say was truth?
12. Who spoke of hearing things that could not be told?
13. What did Campbell say scholars missed when studying facts?
(a) The spiritual nature of things.
(b) The other explanations.
(c) The truth.
(d) The ineffable.
14. How many functions did Campbell say Mythology served?
15. What did the yin yang represent?
(a) All things being separated.
(b) The life span of a God.
(c) The connection of good and bad.
(d) All things being part of one process.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say people cannot view at a glance?
2. What kind of victims were always found in Hebrew scriptures?
3. What did Jesus not fear in his life, according to Campbell?
4. What was the intermediate institution for Jews?
5. What did Campbell say was a lie?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)