|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ceased the power of what Campbell said connected people to the infinite?
(a) Literary figures.
(b) Historical events.
(c) Changes in time.
(d) Scientific discoveries.
2. What religion did Sri Ramakrishna follow?
3. What did Campbell say religion was often mistaken for?
4. What did Mythology teach people to respect?
5. What about the world did Navajos often meditate over?
6. What must humans do to create new symbols in life?
(a) Study the past.
(b) Anticipate the future.
(c) Look within themselves.
(d) All of these.
7. What did Campbell say was the fulfillment of a man's purpose and direction?
(a) All of these.
8. Where was it written that the Kingdom of God would spread unseen?
(a) The Book of Paul.
(b) The Book of Revelation.
(c) The Book of Thomas.
(d) The Book of James.
9. What did Campbell say should not be comfortable in church?
10. What did Campbell say made narratives complex?
(a) Literary devices.
(c) Philosophical debates.
11. Who said the Kingdom of God would spread unseen?
12. What did Campbell say people cannot view at a glance?
(a) Their past.
(b) Their wills.
(c) Their existence.
(d) Their future.
13. What did Campbell say was the definition of God?
(a) A powerful being.
(b) The creator and master.
(c) One who gets tributed.
(d) There isn't one.
14. What did Campbell say Medieval society was based on?
(a) Fall and Redemption.
(b) Good and Evil.
(c) Repentance and Hope.
(d) Compassion and Love.
15. What kind of religion was seen as a protection from experience?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did half of the people in religion say was truth?
2. What did Eckhart say was the best thing God did for man?
3. What did James Joyce call terror?
4. What country did Campbell enjoy visiting the most?
5. Who did Campbell say concentrated on the concrete meaning of metaphors?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)