|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the yin yang represent?
(a) All things being separated.
(b) The life span of a God.
(c) The connection of good and bad.
(d) All things being part of one process.
2. What did the priest become when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
(a) An authority.
(b) A beacon of hope.
(c) A leader.
(d) An intermdiary.
3. What did Campbell say about the two neighboring lands of the country talked about in Chapter 2?
(a) The conflicts were all started over legends.
(b) The peace was caused by belief in mythology.
(c) The religious background was amazing.
(d) The beliefs were radically different.
4. How many functions did Campbell say Mythology served?
5. What did Campbell say Medieval society was based on?
(a) Repentance and Hope.
(b) Compassion and Love.
(c) Good and Evil.
(d) Fall and Redemption.
6. What was Campbell doing when he declared something a lie?
(a) Doing an interview.
(b) Teaching a class.
(c) Writing a book.
(d) Talking with an expert.
7. What religion did Sri Ramakrishna follow?
8. Why was Paul's teaching in Corinth accepted?
(a) He was fulfilling prophecy.
(b) They had witnessed what happened in Jerusalem.
(c) They felt the spirit.
(d) His banking metaphor connected with them.
9. What did Campbell say were the main categories of God?
(a) Being and nonbeing.
(b) None of these.
(c) Immortal and Mortal.
(d) Omnipotent and Omniscient.
10. What did the other half of people in religion say about what half of the people said was truth?
(a) They were not to be trusted.
(b) They were teaching tools.
(c) They were lies.
(d) They were useful.
11. How did Campbell say religious metaphors should be understood?
(a) By connotation.
(b) Through meditation.
(c) Through interpretation.
(d) By denotation.
12. What must fall away for people to grasp the truth, according to Campbell?
(a) The mythological texts.
(b) The masks of God.
(c) The metaphysical covers.
(d) The religious devotions.
13. What in the Bible did Campbell call poetry?
(a) The Commandments.
(b) The symbolism.
(c) The mythology.
(d) The Covenants.
14. How did Campbell describe dreams?
(c) All of these.
15. Who was enthroned between Isis and Hermes in a painting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say had to happen for a heart to awaken?
2. What did old images have to be freed of to impart truth, according to Campbell?
3. Who said the Kingdom of God would spread unseen?
4. What did Campbell say almost all religions have in common?
5. What level did Buddhism strive to deal with?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)