|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix, A Discussion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What horrible thing did King Kansa order?
(a) Rape of women.
(c) A mass murder of priests.
(d) A holocaust.
2. What was ignored when metaphors were taken literally?
(a) The reality of the situation.
(b) The spiritual core.
(c) The real meaning.
(d) The teaching point.
3. What is the form of the Upanishads God?
(a) The Sun.
(b) The Ocean.
(c) The Soul.
(d) The Earth.
4. What did Campbell say was the first function served by Mythology?
(a) Carrying individuals through life's crises.
(b) Perceiving the mystery of time and space.
(c) Alligning consciousness to the mysteries of the universe.
(d) Supporting moral order in society.
5. What was the intermediate institution for Christians?
(a) A covenant.
(b) A mystical union with God.
(c) A ritual.
(d) A feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must fall away for people to grasp the truth, according to Campbell?
2. Where did Mithra's cult flourish?
3. Who did Jesus see before going into the wilderness on his fast?
4. Who taught of a God of Light?
5. What did Campbell say allowed participation with the infinite?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)