|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Question Period.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must humans do to create new symbols in life?
(a) Look within themselves.
(b) All of these.
(c) Study the past.
(d) Anticipate the future.
2. What myth did the story of Jacob and Esau follow?
(a) Finn and Kinn.
(b) Osiris and Set.
(c) Zeuss and Pluto.
(d) Venus and Mars.
3. Who did the creator in Indian mythology punish?
(c) The wicked.
(d) The heathens.
4. How many functions did Campbell say Mythology served?
5. What did James Joyce call terror?
(a) A path to the truth.
(b) A doorway to understanding.
(c) A test of the believers.
(d) A static experience of the sublime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say Mythology was supposed to awaken?
2. Why was Paul's teaching in Corinth accepted?
3. Who said the Kingdom of God would spread unseen?
4. What ceased the power of what Campbell said connected people to the infinite?
5. What kind of religion was Shinto considered?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)