|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Understanding the Symbols of Judeo-Christian Spirituality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many creation stories are in Genesis?
2. Who was in the burning bush?
3. Why was Krishna sent across the river?
(a) To incite a war.
(b) To expand his power.
(c) To escape death.
(d) To protect his people.
4. What was Mithra born from?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The moon.
(c) A cloud.
(d) The earth.
5. What caused the fall of the Medieval society, according to Campbell?
(a) The young generation was proud.
(b) The leaders died.
(c) The beliefs were questioned.
(d) The ideas were proved wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Heracles kill from his crib?
2. Who did Campbell say concentrated on the denotative meaning of metaphors?
3. What did Campbell say almost all religions have in common?
4. What did the Sumarian God need when he created man?
5. What country did Campbell enjoy visiting the most?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)