|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Understanding the Symbols of Judeo-Christian Spirituality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Egyptians think of the tongue and teeth?
(a) They were sexual.
(b) They were necessary.
(c) They were ornamental.
(d) They were sensory.
2. What should well-functioning mythologies produce?
(d) All of these.
3. Who saw religion as a protection from experience?
4. Who declared Buddha a beloved son?
(a) The Sun Holder.
(b) The Rain Bringer.
(c) The River Serpent.
(d) The Earth Goddess.
5. What kind of conquerors were always found in Hebrew scriptures?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dimmittis say one must do in order to die happily?
2. What kind of religion was seen as a protection from experience?
3. What in the desert did Navajos attach mythological meaning to?
4. Why did educated men misread ancient texts?
5. Who began the cycle of the patriarchs?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)