|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Religious Imagination and the Rules of Traditional Theology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of experiences did Campbell say led to rapture?
2. Where was it written that the Kingdom of God would spread unseen?
(a) The Book of Thomas.
(b) The Book of Paul.
(c) The Book of James.
(d) The Book of Revelation.
3. What did the yin yang represent?
(a) All things being part of one process.
(b) The life span of a God.
(c) All things being separated.
(d) The connection of good and bad.
4. What did Campbell say was the first function served by Mythology?
(a) Perceiving the mystery of time and space.
(b) Carrying individuals through life's crises.
(c) Alligning consciousness to the mysteries of the universe.
(d) Supporting moral order in society.
5. What did old images have to be freed of to impart truth, according to Campbell?
(c) Literal definitions.
(d) Past usage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say Mythology was supposed to awaken?
2. What did Campbell say was an underlying definition of Mythology?
3. What in the Bible did Campbell call poetry?
4. What were some clergy unable to interpret?
5. What did Campbell say promoted mathematics in education?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)