|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Religious Imagination and the Rules of Traditional Theology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did old images have to be freed of to impart truth, according to Campbell?
(b) Literal definitions.
(c) Past usage.
2. What did Campbell say scholars missed when studying facts?
(a) The other explanations.
(b) The truth.
(c) The ineffable.
(d) The spiritual nature of things.
3. What kind of victims were always found in Hebrew scriptures?
4. What did 'tat tvam asi' mean?
(a) Love is here.
(b) God will rule.
(c) That is you.
(d) This will pass.
5. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused?
(b) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saw religion as a protection from experience?
2. What did Campbell say allowed participation with the infinite?
3. What did Campbell say should not be comfortable in church?
4. How were gurus attracting young Westerners?
5. What did half of the people in religion say was truth?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)