|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Religious Imagination and the Rules of Traditional Theology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say myths were products of?
2. What is the Jewish name for God?
3. What did Campbell say had to happen for a heart to awaken?
(a) Find compassion.
(b) Identify with others.
(c) Seek for meaning.
(d) All of these.
4. What did Campbell say was an underlying definition of Mythology?
(a) The root of actual knowledge.
(b) An explanation of mysteries.
(c) Other people's religion.
(d) Past references.
5. What in the Bible did Campbell call poetry?
(a) The mythology.
(b) The Covenants.
(c) The symbolism.
(d) The Commandments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saw religion as a protection from experience?
2. What did Campbell say was the first function served by Mythology?
3. What did Campbell say formed the mystery of the Orient?
4. Who spoke of hearing things that could not be told?
5. How did Campbell describe meditation?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)