|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Experience of Religious Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say Mythology was supposed to awaken?
2. What did Campbell say was the second function served by Mythology?
(a) Supporting moral order in society.
(b) Carrying individuals through life's crises.
(c) Perceiving the mystery of time and space.
(d) Alligning consciousness to the mysteries of the universe.
3. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused?
(d) All of these.
4. Where did the phrase "tat tvam asi" come from?
(b) The Khoran.
(c) The Brahmims.
(d) The Buddhists.
5. What country did Campbell talk about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say religion was often mistaken for?
2. What did Campbell say was an underlying definition of Mythology?
3. What did 'tat tvam asi' mean?
4. Who did Campbell say people want to submit to?
5. What did Campbell say was a lie?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)