|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Experience of Religious Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Campbell say concentrated on the denotative meaning of metaphors?
2. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused?
(b) All of these.
3. Where did the phrase "tat tvam asi" come from?
(a) The Khoran.
(c) The Brahmims.
(d) The Buddhists.
4. What did Campbell say the Bible was a depiction of?
(a) A journey of the soul.
(b) A good world falling.
(c) The way to manage society.
(d) The battle between good and evil.
5. Who saw religion as a protection from experience?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was ignored when metaphors were taken literally?
2. Who asked Campbell about what he thought was a lie?
3. What did the other half of people in religion say about what half of the people said was truth?
4. What did Campbell compare metaphors to?
5. What did Campbell say religion was often mistaken for?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)