|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Experience of Religious Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Osiris and Set created?
(a) To create respect for priests.
(b) To honor a great leader.
(c) To explain the origin of the sun.
(d) So people could meditate on Jesus.
2. What did Campbell say was a lie?
3. Who asked Campbell about what he thought was a lie?
(a) A newspaper reporter.
(b) An editor.
(c) A student.
(d) A radio host.
4. What did Western religions pit against each other?
(a) All of these.
(b) Good and evil.
(c) Man and God.
(d) Angels and demons.
5. What two trees did Paul see a connection between?
(a) The tree of life and the tree of death.
(b) The tree of the Crucifixion and the tree of life.
(c) The tree of knowledge and the tree of evil.
(d) The tree of the Fall and the tree of the Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say Mythology was supposed to awaken?
2. What did Campbell say was the second function served by Mythology?
3. What did Campbell say was the first function served by Mythology?
4. What was the intermediate institution for Christians?
5. What country did Campbell enjoy visiting the most?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)