|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Our Notions of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say most Western religions caused?
(c) All of these.
2. What did Mythology teach people to respect?
3. Who did Campbell say concentrated on the denotative meaning of metaphors?
4. What two trees did Paul see a connection between?
(a) The tree of the Crucifixion and the tree of life.
(b) The tree of life and the tree of death.
(c) The tree of the Fall and the tree of the Cross.
(d) The tree of knowledge and the tree of evil.
5. What did 'tat tvam asi' mean?
(a) God will rule.
(b) That is you.
(c) Love is here.
(d) This will pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were gurus attracting young Westerners?
2. What did Campbell say was the fourth function served by Mythology?
3. What was the intermediate institution for Jews?
4. What was said to have cut short experiences?
5. Why did Campbell say moral law brought no security?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)