|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Our Notions of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the intermediate institution for Jews?
(a) A feast.
(b) A mystical union with God.
(c) A covenant.
(d) A synagogue.
2. What is the Jewish name for God?
3. What did Campbell compare metaphors to?
(a) All of these.
4. What did Campbell say Mythology was supposed to awaken?
5. What caused Jewish men to be allowed into the covenant?
(a) The First Passover.
(b) Scholar Study.
(c) Bat Mizvahs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say was a lie?
2. Where did Campbell say most Western religions came from?
3. What did the yin yang represent?
4. What did Campbell say was the fourth function served by Mythology?
5. Who did Campbell say concentrated on the concrete meaning of metaphors?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)