|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Our Notions of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the other half of people in religion say about what half of the people said was truth?
(a) They were lies.
(b) They were useful.
(c) They were not to be trusted.
(d) They were teaching tools.
2. Who asked Campbell about what he thought was a lie?
(a) A newspaper reporter.
(b) An editor.
(c) A student.
(d) A radio host.
3. What level did Buddhism strive to deal with?
(a) The thine level.
(b) The think level.
(c) The thou level.
(d) The then level.
4. Who did Campbell say people want to submit to?
(a) A higher power.
(b) Their fathers.
(c) A loving person.
5. What did Campbell say was the third function served by Mythology?
(a) Supporting moral order in society.
(b) Carrying individuals through life's crises.
(c) Perceiving the mystery of time and space.
(d) Alligning consciousness to the mysteries of the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ceased the power of what Campbell said connected people to the infinite?
2. Who saw religion as a protection from experience?
3. Where did Campbell say most Western religions came from?
4. What two trees did Paul see a connection between?
5. What was said to have cut short experiences?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)