|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Symbols of the Judeo-Christian Tradition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Campbell say moral law brought no security?
(a) The laws were not widely known as they should have been.
(b) Social life was changing constantly.
(c) People had different opinions.
(d) Money became more and more important.
2. Why were Osiris and Set created?
(a) To explain the origin of the sun.
(b) To honor a great leader.
(c) So people could meditate on Jesus.
(d) To create respect for priests.
3. How were gurus attracting young Westerners?
(a) Allowing them to feel part of something.
(b) All of these.
(c) Preaching the glorious details of nature.
(d) Telling them secrets lied within.
4. How many functions did Campbell say Mythology served?
5. Who taught of a God of Light?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did educated men misread ancient texts?
2. What did Campbell say should not be comfortable in church?
3. What level did Buddhism strive to deal with?
4. What kind of victims were always found in Hebrew scriptures?
5. What did Campbell say separated believers from atheists?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)