|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Symbols of the Judeo-Christian Tradition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say about the two neighboring lands of the country talked about in Chapter 2?
(a) The peace was caused by belief in mythology.
(b) The beliefs were radically different.
(c) The conflicts were all started over legends.
(d) The religious background was amazing.
2. What kind of Karma is often found in Indian mythology?
3. What did the priest become when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
(a) A beacon of hope.
(b) An authority.
(c) A leader.
(d) An intermdiary.
4. Who did the creator in Indian mythology punish?
(b) The heathens.
(c) The wicked.
5. What is the form of the Upanishads God?
(a) The Soul.
(b) The Sun.
(c) The Ocean.
(d) The Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the world did Navajos often meditate over?
2. What did Campbell say almost all religions have in common?
3. Who was in the burning bush?
4. What country did Campbell talk about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. Why did educated men misread ancient texts?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)