|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Symbols of the Judeo-Christian Tradition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell say metaphors described?
(a) The soul.
(b) The outer world.
(c) The mind.
(d) The visions of the past.
2. What did the priest become when the Roman Catholic Mass was translated?
(a) An authority.
(b) An intermdiary.
(c) A leader.
(d) A beacon of hope.
3. Why was Paul's teaching in Corinth accepted?
(a) They felt the spirit.
(b) His banking metaphor connected with them.
(c) He was fulfilling prophecy.
(d) They had witnessed what happened in Jerusalem.
4. What level did Buddhism strive to deal with?
(a) The thine level.
(b) The think level.
(c) The then level.
(d) The thou level.
5. What was ignored when metaphors were taken literally?
(a) The reality of the situation.
(b) The spiritual core.
(c) The real meaning.
(d) The teaching point.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spoke of hearing things that could not be told?
2. What in the desert did Navajos attach mythological meaning to?
3. Who did the creator in Indian mythology punish?
4. What did Campbell say were the main categories of God?
5. How were gurus attracting young Westerners?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)