|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Understanding the Symbols of Judeo-Christian Spirituality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What in the desert did Navajos attach mythological meaning to?
(a) Every detail.
(b) The snakes.
(c) The sand.
(d) The emptiness.
2. Who was Jesus teaching when he was missing from his parents?
(d) Wise men.
3. How did Jung say man's imagination should be?
4. What did Campbell say people cannot view at a glance?
(a) Their wills.
(b) Their future.
(c) Their existence.
(d) Their past.
5. What did Campbell say Christianity did to salvation?
(a) Indoctrinated it.
(b) Granted it freely.
(c) Evoked it.
(d) Insisted on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Campbell say about the two neighboring lands of the country talked about in Chapter 2?
2. Where did the phrase "tat tvam asi" come from?
3. What was Mithra born from?
4. What did Mythology teach people to respect?
5. Why were there ancient drawings of Jesus with an animal head?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)