|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary Carson pay tuition for to attend boarding school in Gillanbone?
(a) Meggie and Stuart.
(b) Fiona and Paddy.
(c) Ralph and Jack.
(d) Hal and Frank.
2. How does Paddy feel about Fiona?
(a) He wishes she would do a better job of housekeeping.
(b) He feels she and the baby are a burden to him.
(c) He falls in love with her.
(d) He regrets marrying her.
3. What is the district's most important social event?
(a) The Gillanbone Catholic Church Ice Cream Social.
(b) Holy Covenant Reunion.
(c) Drogheda Sheep Herders Reunion.
(d) Gillanbone Show and Picnic Races.
4. What is Fiona's reaction to the news article regarding Frank?
(a) She loses interest in her other children since Frank is her favorite.
(b) She passes out.
(c) She wants to go see her son.
(d) She's mad that so much time has passed.
5. Why do Paddy and Frank have so many conflicts?
(a) There is so much work to do and both are stressed.
(b) Fiona favors Frank over Paddy.
(c) Paddy feels that Frank is too protective of Meggie.
(d) Frank is not Paddy's biological son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Meggie's party dress?
2. Why does Paddy Cleary move to New South Wales?
3. What sets Frank apart from the other male Cleary children?
4. What is Father Ralph's new role since the death of Mary Carson?
5. What does Ralph insist that Meggie do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Father Ralph's life changed since Mary Carson died?
2. Describe the head stockman's house and Drogheda in general?
3. What physically happens to Meggie that initially frightens her?
4. How does life change for Fiona and Meggie when they move into the main house?
5. What are the land and climate like?
6. Describe Mary Carson's relationship with her brother, Paddy.
7. What is Father Ralph's visit to Drogheda like?
8. What does Mary Carson's new will say?
9. In Chapter 2, there are two specific ways in which Meggie seems to experience discrimination. What are those two ways?
10. What happens to Stuart during the search for Paddy?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)