|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older is Mary than Ralph?
(a) Five decades.
(b) Two decades.
(c) One decade.
(d) Four decades.
2. What is the next career move for Father Ralph after the role of private secretary in Sydney?
(a) To become the Pope.
(b) To become a priest in Sydney.
(c) To become an attendant to the Archbishop.
(d) To become a bishop.
3. What does Mary Carson have difficulty keeping?
(a) A doctor's appointment.
(b) A station manager.
(c) A date with the town doctor.
(d) Her bills paid.
4. What event does Mary Carson plan?
(a) A coming out party for Meggie.
(b) A party for her 72nd birthday.
(c) An outing for the entire Cleary family to Gillanbone.
(d) A vacation for herself and Ralph.
5. What is Drogheda known for?
(a) Being the largest sheep ranch in New South Wales.
(b) A wildlife refuge.
(c) The finest Holstein cattle in New Zealand.
(d) Raising more pigs than all the other ranches combined.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Hal?
2. What is Paddy's occupation when he and his family leave New Zealand?
3. Who does Paddy work for before his marriage?
4. What does Frank do after he hears reports about him and Paddy?
5. What color is Meggie's party dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Meggie wears to Mary Carson's birthday party.
2. What does the family think of Paddy's disappearance?
3. Describe what happens to Hal during one of the dry winters in Chapter 6.
4. What is Father Ralph's dilemma regarding Mary Carson's second will?
5. What is Father Ralph's visit to Drogheda like?
6. Describe the head stockman's house and Drogheda in general?
7. Describe Mary Carson's relationship with her brother, Paddy.
8. Describe Father Ralph's relationship with the Cleary family after Mary's death and the unveiling of her will.
9. How has Father Ralph's life changed since Mary Carson died?
10. How does life change for Fiona and Meggie when they move into the main house?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)