|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character's workload increases significantly with the move to New South Wales?
2. What does Fiona's father give Paddy?
(a) A herd of sheep.
(b) A new car.
(c) Money to buy a farm.
(d) A share in the family farm.
3. How does Mary Carson view Ralph de Bricassart?
(a) As a son.
(b) As a brother.
(c) She is attracted to him.
(d) As a husband.
4. What does Mary give Ralph the evening of her 72nd birthday party?
(a) The family Bible.
(b) The name of someone in Rome.
(c) The keys to her house.
(d) A sealed envelope.
5. Why is Ralph sent to Gillanbone?
(a) For disrespecting a bishop.
(b) To assist Mary Carson.
(c) Because he stole money from the Church.
(d) To meet up with Meggie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Meggie hurt at Mary's party?
2. What does the oldest son want to do?
3. What are the twins' nicknames?
4. What color is Meggie's party dress?
5. Why is Fiona punished by her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Meggie and Stuart stop attending school?
2. How has Father Ralph's life changed since Mary Carson died?
3. How has Fiona changed after Frank leaves home?
4. Since Fiona never converted to Catholicism, what aspects of a Catholic life are missing in the household?
5. Describe what happens to Paddy when he goes to round up sheep during a storm.
6. In Chapter 2, there are two specific ways in which Meggie seems to experience discrimination. What are those two ways?
7. What physically happens to Meggie that initially frightens her?
8. Why does Mary Carson find it more advantageous to remain a widow and not remarry?
9. What is significant about Mary Carson's 72nd birthday party?
10. What does Fiona find while packing and how does it affect her?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)