|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Father Ralph to check on Frank's condition?
2. What does Father Ralph do for everyone in the family?
(a) He buys new pillows.
(b) He sends them on a trip to Wahine.
(c) He treats them to ice cream in town.
(d) He opens a bank account.
3. Who is the one character dissatisfied with life on the ranch?
4. What occupation does the eldest Cleary son hold?
(b) Livestock manager.
(c) Fence builder.
5. Paddy and Fiona have how many sons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Ralph make Fiona promise him?
2. What does Ralph insist that Meggie do?
3. What does the oldest son want to do?
4. What is the district's most important social event?
5. Where will Jims and Patsy go with the inheritance from Mary Carson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Meggie's doll special?
2. Why does Mary Carson find it more advantageous to remain a widow and not remarry?
3. In Chapter 2, there are two specific ways in which Meggie seems to experience discrimination. What are those two ways?
4. How does life change for Fiona and Meggie when they move into the main house?
5. How has Father Ralph's life changed since Mary Carson died?
6. Why do Meggie and Stuart stop attending school?
7. Describe what Meggie wears to Mary Carson's birthday party.
8. What is the role of farm women in this time period?
9. What causes disagreements between Frank and Paddy?
10. What does the family think of Paddy's disappearance?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)