|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says that Frank is no better than the one who fathered him?
(d) Mary Carson.
2. Why do Paddy and Frank have so many conflicts?
(a) Frank is not Paddy's biological son.
(b) Fiona favors Frank over Paddy.
(c) Paddy feels that Frank is too protective of Meggie.
(d) There is so much work to do and both are stressed.
3. What is the name of the newest Cleary?
4. What is the socio-economic level of Fiona's family?
5. Who is the one character dissatisfied with life on the ranch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the oldest son runs away?
2. Why does Meggie leave school?
3. What is Father Ralph's new role since the death of Mary Carson?
4. What job does Paddy give Meggie?
5. What is Ralph's role with the Cleary family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is life like for Fiona at Drogheda?
2. Why does Mary Carson find it more advantageous to remain a widow and not remarry?
3. What happens to Meggie's friendship with Teresa Annunzio?
4. What makes Meggie's doll special?
5. What is Father Ralph's dilemma regarding Mary Carson's second will?
6. Since Fiona never converted to Catholicism, what aspects of a Catholic life are missing in the household?
7. What happens to Frank at the district's social event?
8. Why do the Clearys decide to move to Drogheda?
9. Describe what happens to Paddy when he goes to round up sheep during a storm.
10. What physically happens to Meggie that initially frightens her?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)