|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The "Thorn Birds" spans three generations of what family?
2. What is Paddy's job?
(a) Day laborer for other farmers.
(c) Sheep herder.
3. Where do the Cleary children attend school?
(a) Sacred Heart Convent School.
(b) Wahine Elementary.
(c) The corner school.
(d) Lord of the Outback Elementary.
4. Which of the following is not one of Fiona's duties?
(a) Doing the laundry and cleaning.
(b) Assisting Paddy with the farm chores.
(c) Cooking three meals a day.
(d) Raising the children.
5. What two people or things is Ralph torn between?
(a) Paddy and Fiona
(b) The Clearys and the Carsons.
(c) Being a sheep farmer or working in Wahine.
(d) Meggie and the Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary tell Ralph after she leaves her birthday party?
2. Who does Paddy work for before his marriage?
3. Why does Mary Carson prefer to remain a widow?
4. How much older is Mary than Ralph?
5. What does Mary give Ralph the evening of her 72nd birthday party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of farm women in this time period?
2. What physically happens to Meggie that initially frightens her?
3. What makes Meggie's doll special?
4. What is significant about Mary Carson's 72nd birthday party?
5. What are Meggie's thoughts regarding the first few days/weeks of her marriage?
6. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
7. Why do Luke and Meggie honeymoon and then move to Queensland after they are married?
8. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
9. How does life change for Fiona and Meggie when they move into the main house?
10. What does the family think of Paddy's disappearance?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)