|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fiona discover while packing?
(a) Mary's first will.
(b) A news article about Frank.
(c) Meggie's diary.
(d) A poem that Meggie wrote about Hal.
2. What does the housekeeper tell Ralph the morning after Mary Carson's birthday party?
(a) That Mary has left on a vacation.
(b) That Mary Carson has died.
(c) That Mary is in love with him.
(d) That Paddy and Fiona have moved.
3. What happens when the oldest son runs away?
(a) He is put in jail.
(b) He is captured by the police and brought back home.
(c) He loses his home.
(d) He is sent to a military school.
4. What is the name of the newest Cleary?
5. What does the Cleary family do every Sunday?
(a) Go to mass.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Hold a family meeting with their relatives.
(d) Eat at the local church dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meggie give to Father Ralph to remember her by?
2. What are the names of the twins that Fiona gives birth to?
3. Who dotes on Jims and Patsy?
4. What sets Frank apart from the other male Cleary children?
5. What does Frank participate in while touring the midway with Meggie and Ralph?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the head stockman's house and Drogheda in general?
2. What is significant about Mary Carson's 72nd birthday party?
3. Describe what happens to Paddy when he goes to round up sheep during a storm.
4. What is the role of farm women in this time period?
5. What makes Meggie's doll special?
6. What happens to Meggie's friendship with Teresa Annunzio?
7. What is Father Ralph's dilemma regarding Mary Carson's second will?
8. How has Father Ralph's life changed since Mary Carson died?
9. Why do the Clearys decide to move to Drogheda?
10. How does life change for Fiona and Meggie when they move into the main house?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)