|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Cleary family not encounter at Drogheda?
(a) Snakes, birds, and kangaroos.
(b) A forest.
(c) Dust and flies.
(d) Oppressive heat.
2. What essential part of the house is still found outside at Drogheda?
(a) The privy.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) A bathtub.
(d) A water heater.
3. Why is Fiona punished by her family?
(a) Because she runs away.
(b) Because she is unmarried and pregnant.
(c) Because she refuses to follow in her mother's footsteps.
(d) Because she is in love with a married man.
4. Why does Paddy Cleary move to New South Wales?
(a) Fiona's family wants her to be closer to them.
(b) Father Ralph is the best priest in that area.
(c) Mary Carson is very ill.
(d) Drogheda is promised to him upon his sister's death.
5. What is Fiona's reaction to the news article regarding Frank?
(a) She's mad that so much time has passed.
(b) She wants to go see her son.
(c) She loses interest in her other children since Frank is her favorite.
(d) She passes out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the district's most important social event?
2. Why is Meggie hurt at Mary's party?
3. Where does Ralph find Meggie at the end of Mary's birthday party?
4. What does Fiona neglect to tell Meggie?
5. What strikes the dead gum tree and starts the fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary Carson's new will say?
2. Why is the romance between Meggie Cleary and Father Ralph ill-fated?
3. How does life change for Fiona and Meggie when they move into the main house?
4. What kind of employer is Mary Carson?
5. What does Justine decide to do instead of attending college, and how does her family react to this news?
6. How does Meggie ensure that Luke will never question the paternity of their child?
7. What are Meggie's ideas about marriage?
8. Why do Meggie and Stuart stop attending school?
9. What major decision does Meggie make regarding her marriage and her future?
10. How do Meggie and Luke feel about her pregnancy?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)