|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strikes the dead gum tree and starts the fire?
(b) A bolt of lightning.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) An arsonist.
2. Which brother always seems to be Meggie's champion?
3. What are the names of the twins that Fiona gives birth to?
(a) James and Patrick.
(b) Patrick and Ralph.
(c) Frank and Chris.
(d) Adam and Michael.
4. Which of the following are two of the Cleary boys?
(a) Jack & Hughie.
(b) Dane & Patrick.
(c) Martin & Luke.
(d) Ralph & Adam.
5. What does Meggie give to Father Ralph to remember her by?
(a) A pale pink rose.
(b) A picture of the two of them.
(c) A passionate kiss.
(d) A piece of her formal dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character's workload increases significantly with the move to New South Wales?
2. What one thing does Drogheda not have on the premises?
3. What is the special gift that Meggie receives for her fourth birthday?
4. How does Mary Carson view Ralph de Bricassart?
5. How much older is Mary than Ralph?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens to Hal during one of the dry winters in Chapter 6.
2. What makes Meggie's doll special?
3. What causes disagreements between Frank and Paddy?
4. What happens between Frank and Paddy when they are at the Gillanbone Show and Picnic Races?
5. How does life change for Fiona and Meggie when they move into the main house?
6. Since Fiona never converted to Catholicism, what aspects of a Catholic life are missing in the household?
7. What physically happens to Meggie that initially frightens her?
8. What is life like for Fiona at Drogheda?
9. What does the family think of Paddy's disappearance?
10. What are the land and climate like?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)