|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Ralph owe his success to?
(a) The Archbishop and their life-long friendship.
(b) The "new" will and the death of Mary Carson.
(c) The generosity of the townspeople.
(d) The Cleary family's move to Drogheda.
2. What are the twins' nicknames?
(a) Ralphie and Mickey.
(b) Jimmy and C.C.
(c) Jims and Patsy.
(d) A.C. and Patty.
3. What is Paddy's occupation when he and his family leave New Zealand?
(c) Farmer and sometime sheep shearer.
(d) School teacher.
4. Who finds Paddy's remains?
(c) Father Ralph.
5. Which of the following characters are Meggie's children?
(a) Patrick & Agnes.
(b) Dane & Justine.
(c) Luke & Mary.
(d) Ralph & Fiona.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the socio-economic level of Fiona's family?
2. What does Fiona bring to her family?
3. What does Mary Carson have difficulty keeping?
4. Why does Paddy get into an argument with Frank when they are in Gillanbone for the Show and Picnic Races?
5. What event draws the Cleary family closer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens to Paddy when he goes to round up sheep during a storm.
2. Describe Mary Carson's relationship with her brother, Paddy.
3. What physically happens to Meggie that initially frightens her?
4. What does Mary Carson's new will say?
5. Why do the Clearys decide to move to Drogheda?
6. Describe what happens to Hal during one of the dry winters in Chapter 6.
7. What happens to Meggie's friendship with Teresa Annunzio?
8. What happens between Frank and Paddy when they are at the Gillanbone Show and Picnic Races?
9. Why does Mary Carson find it more advantageous to remain a widow and not remarry?
10. What are the negative aspects for Meggie of living a clannish existence on their farm?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)