Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Meggie's friend's family leave town?
(a) The children are not successful in school.
(b) Paddy runs them out of town in disgrace.
(c) Their farm is taken by the bank.
(d) Her father finds a new job.
2. Which character says that Frank is no better than the one who fathered him?
(d) Mary Carson.
3. Who is the first person that the Cleary family meets when they arrive in Gillanbone?
(a) Father Ralph.
(b) Mary Carson.
(c) Paddy Cleary's mother.
(d) Fiona's sister.
4. Who asks Father Ralph to check on Frank's condition?
5. Where do they bury Hal?
(a) In Wahine.
(b) In Gillanbone.
(c) In a tiny cemetery on Drogheda.
(d) In the local church cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Fiona punished by her family?
2. What does the Cleary family not encounter at Drogheda?
3. What is Ralph's role with the Cleary family?
4. Where will Jims and Patsy go with the inheritance from Mary Carson?
5. Why is Stuart able to leave school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the land like after the fire?
2. What is life like for Fiona at Drogheda?
3. Who is Luke O'Neill?
4. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
5. Why do Luke and Meggie honeymoon and then move to Queensland after they are married?
6. What makes Meggie's doll special?
7. What does Mary Carson's new will say?
8. How does Father Ralph act more like a private citizen than a representative of the church?
9. What does Meggie think of Luke when she is getting to know him?
10. What are the land and climate like?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)