|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the twins' nicknames?
(a) A.C. and Patty.
(b) Jimmy and C.C.
(c) Ralphie and Mickey.
(d) Jims and Patsy.
2. Mary Carson is jealous of which character?
3. Who is the one character dissatisfied with life on the ranch?
4. With the exception of Meggie, what is the family's attitude toward Fiona's latest pregnancy?
(a) Anger at another mouth to feed.
(b) Welcoming - someone to eventually help out in the fields.
(c) Worry for Fiona's health.
5. Which of the following is a gift that Ralph receives from Mary?
(a) A herd of livestock.
(b) A trip to New Zealand.
(c) New house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiona's father give Paddy?
2. Why does Paddy Cleary move to New South Wales?
3. What does Father Ralph owe his success to?
4. What does Mary promise Paddy?
5. What does Fiona hope to do before moving into Mary's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of farm women in this time period?
2. How does life change for Fiona and Meggie when they move into the main house?
3. What does the family think of Paddy's disappearance?
4. Following the end of the war, what happens with Father Ralph?
5. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
6. Describe Father Ralph's relationship with the Cleary family after Mary's death and the unveiling of her will.
7. How does Meggie ensure that Luke will never question the paternity of their child?
8. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
9. Why do the Clearys decide to move to Drogheda?
10. Since Fiona never converted to Catholicism, what aspects of a Catholic life are missing in the household?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)