|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary demand of Ralph after her birthday party, but he refuses?
(a) That he quit seeing Meggie.
(b) A kiss.
(c) That he find Frank and bring him home.
(d) That he move away.
2. What happens to Paddy when he goes to check on his sheep in the middle of a big storm?
(a) His horse throws him, and he breaks his neck.
(b) A wall of fire surrounds him, and he is burned alive.
(c) He is accidentally shot by a hunter.
(d) The smoke from the fire causes him to get lost.
3. What are the names of the twins that Fiona gives birth to?
(a) James and Patrick.
(b) Patrick and Ralph.
(c) Frank and Chris.
(d) Adam and Michael.
4. What does Mary Carson have difficulty keeping?
(a) A date with the town doctor.
(b) Her bills paid.
(c) A station manager.
(d) A doctor's appointment.
5. What does Mary provide for the Cleary family for her 72nd birthday party?
(a) New sheep.
(b) Indoor plumbing.
(c) A bigger house.
(d) All new party clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which brother always seems to be Meggie's champion?
2. When Fiona is bedridden with her latest pregnancy, who is her greatest helper?
3. How long did it take the Cleary family to arrive in Gillanbone?
4. What one thing does Drogheda not have on the premises?
5. What location is the primary setting of this love story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the head stockman's house and Drogheda in general?
2. Describe what happens to Paddy when he goes to round up sheep during a storm.
3. Describe Mary Carson's relationship with her brother, Paddy.
4. What happens between Frank and Paddy when they are at the Gillanbone Show and Picnic Races?
5. What is life like for Fiona at Drogheda?
6. What causes disagreements between Frank and Paddy?
7. What happens to Stuart during the search for Paddy?
8. Why is the romance between Meggie Cleary and Father Ralph ill-fated?
9. Describe what Meggie wears to Mary Carson's birthday party.
10. Describe what happens to Hal during one of the dry winters in Chapter 6.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)