|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What location is the primary setting of this love story?
(b) The Outback.
2. The "Thorn Birds" spans three generations of what family?
3. What does Mary give Ralph the evening of her 72nd birthday party?
(a) The name of someone in Rome.
(b) The keys to her house.
(c) A sealed envelope.
(d) The family Bible.
4. Where is Fiona's family from?
(d) New Zealand.
5. What does Fiona neglect to tell Meggie?
(a) The mechanics of the female body.
(b) How to find a boyfriend.
(c) What really happened to Hal.
(d) That Frank is her half-brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary Carson view Ralph de Bricassart?
2. Who finds Paddy's remains?
3. Where do they bury Hal?
4. What one thing does Drogheda not have on the premises?
5. Which of the following is not one of Fiona's duties?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary Carson find it more advantageous to remain a widow and not remarry?
2. Describe the relationship between Father Ralph and Mary Carson.
3. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
4. If the war intensifies, what members of the Cleary family are selected to enlist and why?
5. Describe Father Ralph's relationship with the Cleary family after Mary's death and the unveiling of her will.
6. What happens to Dane after his ordination?
7. How do Meggie and Luke feel about her pregnancy?
8. Describe the head stockman's house and Drogheda in general?
9. What previously introduced character reappears in Chapter 17, and what is this character's story?
10. What is Father Ralph's visit to Drogheda like?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)