|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Meggie's best friend at school?
(a) Teresa Annunzio.
(b) Mary Little.
(c) Luciana De Bricassart.
(d) Patrick Drogheda.
2. How does Mary Carson view Ralph de Bricassart?
(a) As a son.
(b) As a husband.
(c) She is attracted to him.
(d) As a brother.
3. Where is Fiona's family from?
(c) New Zealand.
4. How many days does the fire burn before the rains come?
(a) Seven days.
(b) One day.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
5. Who does Mary Carson pay tuition for to attend boarding school in Gillanbone?
(a) Hal and Frank.
(b) Ralph and Jack.
(c) Meggie and Stuart.
(d) Fiona and Paddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary promise Paddy?
2. Which family member is not allowed to attend church?
3. What essential part of the house is still found outside at Drogheda?
4. What is Father Ralph's new role since the death of Mary Carson?
5. Which of the following is a gift that Ralph receives from Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Father Ralph's visit to Drogheda like?
2. What does Justine decide to do instead of attending college, and how does her family react to this news?
3. What does Fiona find while packing and how does it affect her?
4. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
5. What is significant about Mary Carson's 72nd birthday party?
6. What causes disagreements between Frank and Paddy?
7. Why do Luke and Meggie honeymoon and then move to Queensland after they are married?
8. What previously introduced character reappears in Chapter 17, and what is this character's story?
9. What is the land like after the fire?
10. What makes Meggie's doll special?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)