|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newest Cleary?
2. Why is Meggie hurt at Mary's party?
(a) Because Ralph ignores her at the party.
(b) Because Paddy ignores her.
(c) Because she hasn't heard from Frank.
(d) Because she cannot get over Hal.
3. Which of the following characters is not very fond of Meggie?
(a) Sister Agatha.
(b) Miss Appleton.
(c) Mrs. Carson.
(d) Sister Margaret.
4. What two people or things is Ralph torn between?
(a) Being a sheep farmer or working in Wahine.
(b) Paddy and Fiona
(c) Meggie and the Church.
(d) The Clearys and the Carsons.
5. What are the names of the twins that Fiona gives birth to?
(a) Patrick and Ralph.
(b) Adam and Michael.
(c) James and Patrick.
(d) Frank and Chris.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many brothers and sisters does Fiona have?
2. What does Mary demand of Ralph after her birthday party, but he refuses?
3. What does Ralph do with Mary Carson?
4. What does Mary give Ralph the evening of her 72nd birthday party?
5. What occupation does the eldest Cleary son hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the head stockman's house and Drogheda in general?
2. What happens to Stuart during the search for Paddy?
3. What physically happens to Meggie that initially frightens her?
4. What happens between Frank and Paddy when they are at the Gillanbone Show and Picnic Races?
5. Why is the romance between Meggie Cleary and Father Ralph ill-fated?
6. What is the role of farm women in this time period?
7. What happens to Frank at the district's social event?
8. How does life change for Fiona and Meggie when they move into the main house?
9. In Chapter 2, there are two specific ways in which Meggie seems to experience discrimination. What are those two ways?
10. What happens to Meggie's friendship with Teresa Annunzio?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)