|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fiona hope to do before moving into Mary's house?
(a) Hear from Frank.
(c) Get rid of Mary's clothes.
(d) Make sure each child has a bedroom.
2. What does Mary demand of Ralph after her birthday party, but he refuses?
(a) That he quit seeing Meggie.
(b) A kiss.
(c) That he move away.
(d) That he find Frank and bring him home.
3. With the exception of Meggie, what is the family's attitude toward Fiona's latest pregnancy?
(b) Welcoming - someone to eventually help out in the fields.
(c) Worry for Fiona's health.
(d) Anger at another mouth to feed.
4. What does Father Ralph owe his success to?
(a) The Archbishop and their life-long friendship.
(b) The generosity of the townspeople.
(c) The Cleary family's move to Drogheda.
(d) The "new" will and the death of Mary Carson.
5. Which brother always seems to be Meggie's champion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Father Ralph to check on Frank's condition?
2. Who returns to the Home Paddock?
3. How many days does the fire burn before the rains come?
4. Paddy and Fiona have how many sons?
5. Why does Ralph ignore Meggie at Mary's birthday party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Father Ralph's relationship with the Cleary family after Mary's death and the unveiling of her will.
2. What does Mary Carson's new will say?
3. Why does Mary Carson find it more advantageous to remain a widow and not remarry?
4. Describe the head stockman's house and Drogheda in general?
5. What happens between Frank and Paddy when they are at the Gillanbone Show and Picnic Races?
6. What causes disagreements between Frank and Paddy?
7. What is life like for Fiona at Drogheda?
8. What is significant about Mary Carson's 72nd birthday party?
9. Describe what happens to Hal during one of the dry winters in Chapter 6.
10. What does Paddy tell Father Ralph about his past with Fiona?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)