|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the housekeeper tell Ralph the morning after Mary Carson's birthday party?
(a) That Mary Carson has died.
(b) That Mary has left on a vacation.
(c) That Mary is in love with him.
(d) That Paddy and Fiona have moved.
2. How does Paddy feel about Fiona?
(a) He falls in love with her.
(b) He feels she and the baby are a burden to him.
(c) He wishes she would do a better job of housekeeping.
(d) He regrets marrying her.
3. What sets Frank apart from the other male Cleary children?
(a) His love of adventure and travel.
(b) Helping his mother out when Paddy is not around.
(c) His desire to be independent.
(d) All of the given answers are correct.
4. What is the name of the newest Cleary?
5. Where will Jims and Patsy go with the inheritance from Mary Carson?
(a) To see Fiona's family.
(b) To a boarding school in Sydney when they turn twelve.
(c) To visit Frank.
(d) To live with Father Ralph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Paddy give Meggie?
2. What is Father Ralph's new role since the death of Mary Carson?
3. What is Ralph's role with the Cleary family?
4. What is the special gift that Meggie receives for her fourth birthday?
5. What occupation does the eldest Cleary son hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Stuart during the search for Paddy?
2. What makes Meggie's doll special?
3. What does Mary Carson's new will say?
4. How has Fiona changed after Frank leaves home?
5. Since Fiona never converted to Catholicism, what aspects of a Catholic life are missing in the household?
6. What is life like for Fiona at Drogheda?
7. Describe what happens to Paddy when he goes to round up sheep during a storm.
8. What are the land and climate like?
9. What happens to Frank at the district's social event?
10. What are the negative aspects for Meggie of living a clannish existence on their farm?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)