|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary demand of Ralph after her birthday party, but he refuses?
(a) That he find Frank and bring him home.
(b) That he move away.
(c) A kiss.
(d) That he quit seeing Meggie.
2. What sets Frank apart from the other male Cleary children?
(a) His love of adventure and travel.
(b) Helping his mother out when Paddy is not around.
(c) All of the given answers are correct.
(d) His desire to be independent.
3. How many days does the fire burn before the rains come?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) One day.
4. Who is the first person that the Cleary family meets when they arrive in Gillanbone?
(a) Mary Carson.
(b) Fiona's sister.
(c) Paddy Cleary's mother.
(d) Father Ralph.
5. How does Mary Carson view Ralph de Bricassart?
(a) As a husband.
(b) She is attracted to him.
(c) As a brother.
(d) As a son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ralph's role with the Cleary family?
2. With the exception of Meggie, what is the family's attitude toward Fiona's latest pregnancy?
3. What color is Meggie's party dress?
4. What event draws the Cleary family closer?
5. What does the housekeeper tell Ralph the morning after Mary Carson's birthday party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Frank at the district's social event?
2. How does Father Ralph act more like a private citizen than a representative of the church?
3. How has Father Ralph's life changed since Mary Carson died?
4. Describe the relationship between Father Ralph and Mary Carson.
5. What makes Meggie's doll special?
6. What are the land and climate like?
7. What kind of employer is Mary Carson?
8. Describe the head stockman's house and Drogheda in general?
9. Describe what happens to Hal during one of the dry winters in Chapter 6.
10. Why does Mary Carson find it more advantageous to remain a widow and not remarry?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)