|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fiona's father give Paddy?
(a) Money to buy a farm.
(b) A herd of sheep.
(c) A share in the family farm.
(d) A new car.
2. What does Ralph stop just short of explaining to Meggie?
(a) That Mary has no intention of sharing her wealth.
(b) That he is in love with Meggie.
(c) Where babies come from.
(d) That Mary is jealous of Meggie.
3. What event does Mary Carson plan?
(a) A party for her 72nd birthday.
(b) A coming out party for Meggie.
(c) An outing for the entire Cleary family to Gillanbone.
(d) A vacation for herself and Ralph.
4. What does Fiona hope to do before moving into Mary's house?
(a) Get rid of Mary's clothes.
(b) Make sure each child has a bedroom.
(c) Hear from Frank.
5. What does Ralph do with Mary Carson?
(a) Asks her to be like a mother to him.
(b) Flirts with her to bring in more money for the Church.
(c) Promises that he will work the ranch with Paddy.
(d) Promises that he will move to Italy with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the district's most important social event?
2. Who is Meggie's best friend at school?
3. What attacks Stuart?
4. How does Paddy feel about Fiona?
5. What is Ralph's role with the Cleary family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the family think of Paddy's disappearance?
2. Describe Mary Carson's relationship with her brother, Paddy.
3. What is the role of farm women in this time period?
4. What is significant about Mary Carson's 72nd birthday party?
5. What is Father Ralph's dilemma regarding Mary Carson's second will?
6. What physically happens to Meggie that initially frightens her?
7. What happens to Meggie's friendship with Teresa Annunzio?
8. What happens to Stuart during the search for Paddy?
9. What makes Meggie's doll special?
10. What does Fiona find while packing and how does it affect her?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)