|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Hal?
(a) He becomes ill and dies.
(b) He moves in with Mary Carson.
(c) He runs away from home.
(d) He moves to town to attend boarding school.
2. How does Mary Carson view Ralph de Bricassart?
(a) As a husband.
(b) She is attracted to him.
(c) As a brother.
(d) As a son.
3. Which of the following is not one of Fiona's duties?
(a) Doing the laundry and cleaning.
(b) Cooking three meals a day.
(c) Raising the children.
(d) Assisting Paddy with the farm chores.
4. Who finds Paddy's remains?
(c) Father Ralph.
5. What is Fiona's reaction to the news article regarding Frank?
(a) She loses interest in her other children since Frank is her favorite.
(b) She's mad that so much time has passed.
(c) She passes out.
(d) She wants to go see her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a gift that Ralph receives from Mary?
2. With the exception of Meggie, what is the family's attitude toward Fiona's latest pregnancy?
3. What is the special gift that Meggie receives for her fourth birthday?
4. What does Mary Carson do before the event that she plans?
5. What are the twins' nicknames?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the head stockman's house and Drogheda in general?
2. What are the negative aspects for Meggie of living a clannish existence on their farm?
3. What is Father Ralph's dilemma regarding Mary Carson's second will?
4. What does the family think of Paddy's disappearance?
5. Describe Father Ralph's relationship with the Cleary family after Mary's death and the unveiling of her will.
6. What happens to Meggie's friendship with Teresa Annunzio?
7. What physically happens to Meggie that initially frightens her?
8. What does Paddy tell Father Ralph about his past with Fiona?
9. Describe the relationship between Father Ralph and Mary Carson.
10. How has Fiona changed after Frank leaves home?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)