|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attacks Stuart?
(a) A dingo.
(b) A wild boar.
(c) A bear.
(d) A python.
2. What event does Mary Carson plan?
(a) A party for her 72nd birthday.
(b) A coming out party for Meggie.
(c) A vacation for herself and Ralph.
(d) An outing for the entire Cleary family to Gillanbone.
3. What color is Meggie's party dress?
(b) Cherry red.
(c) Delicate pinkish color, called "ashes of roses."
(d) Mint green.
4. What does Meggie give to Father Ralph to remember her by?
(a) A piece of her formal dress.
(b) A pale pink rose.
(c) A passionate kiss.
(d) A picture of the two of them.
5. Who asks Father Ralph to check on Frank's condition?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Carson do before the event that she plans?
2. What does Ralph insist that Meggie do?
3. What is Paddy's occupation when he and his family leave New Zealand?
4. Where do the Cleary children attend school?
5. What is Fiona's reaction to the news article regarding Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is life like for Fiona at Drogheda?
2. What does Fiona find while packing and how does it affect her?
3. Describe what happens to Hal during one of the dry winters in Chapter 6.
4. How does Father Ralph act more like a private citizen than a representative of the church?
5. What does Mary Carson's new will say?
6. What is significant about Mary Carson's 72nd birthday party?
7. Describe Father Ralph's relationship with the Cleary family after Mary's death and the unveiling of her will.
8. What kind of employer is Mary Carson?
9. What happens to Frank at the district's social event?
10. What causes disagreements between Frank and Paddy?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)