|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationwide event happens that involves the Cleary family?
(a) The tax rate skyrockets.
(b) The Prime Minister declares war on Germany.
(c) Wool and other sheep products are no longer in demand.
(d) There is an earthquake.
2. What is Fiona's reaction to the news article regarding Frank?
(a) She wants to go see her son.
(b) She passes out.
(c) She loses interest in her other children since Frank is her favorite.
(d) She's mad that so much time has passed.
3. What does Father Ralph tell Meggie when he returns for the funerals?
(a) That Mary Carson was jealous of her.
(b) That Mary Carson was attracted to him.
(c) That he loves her but can never act on that love.
(d) That Paddy is not Frank's father.
4. What happens to Hal?
(a) He moves to town to attend boarding school.
(b) He moves in with Mary Carson.
(c) He runs away from home.
(d) He becomes ill and dies.
5. Who is the first person that the Cleary family meets when they arrive in Gillanbone?
(a) Fiona's sister.
(b) Paddy Cleary's mother.
(c) Father Ralph.
(d) Mary Carson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paddy get into an argument with Frank when they are in Gillanbone for the Show and Picnic Races?
2. What two people or things is Ralph torn between?
3. What job does Paddy give Meggie?
4. Which of the following are two of the Cleary boys?
5. How does Meggie feel about Dane's career choice?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)