|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paddy Cleary move to New South Wales?
(a) Fiona's family wants her to be closer to them.
(b) Father Ralph is the best priest in that area.
(c) Drogheda is promised to him upon his sister's death.
(d) Mary Carson is very ill.
2. What event draws the Cleary family closer?
(a) Frank moving away.
(b) The birth of the twins.
(c) Hal's death.
(d) Meggie and Stuart coming home from school.
3. How does Paddy feel about Fiona?
(a) He feels she and the baby are a burden to him.
(b) He falls in love with her.
(c) He regrets marrying her.
(d) He wishes she would do a better job of housekeeping.
4. Which of the following are two of the Cleary boys?
(a) Dane & Patrick.
(b) Martin & Luke.
(c) Jack & Hughie.
(d) Ralph & Adam.
5. Who does Father Ralph bring news of when he goes to Drogheda for a visit after the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not very fond of Meggie?
2. What does Mary demand of Ralph after her birthday party, but he refuses?
3. How long did it take the Cleary family to arrive in Gillanbone?
4. What does Fiona hope to do before moving into Mary's house?
5. Why does Paddy get into an argument with Frank when they are in Gillanbone for the Show and Picnic Races?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)