|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary Carson pay tuition for to attend boarding school in Gillanbone?
(a) Fiona and Paddy.
(b) Hal and Frank.
(c) Meggie and Stuart.
(d) Ralph and Jack.
2. What is Paddy's occupation when he and his family leave New Zealand?
(b) School teacher.
(d) Farmer and sometime sheep shearer.
3. What does Mary promise Paddy?
(a) That he will be Ralph's assistant.
(b) Her Cadillac.
(c) That he will inherit her wealth and land.
(d) That he will be an elder in the Catholic church.
4. Who is Luke's new boss when he becomes a sugar cane cutter?
(a) Patrick O'Malloy.
(b) Michael Smith.
(c) Arne Swenson.
(d) Mick Rutherford.
5. Mary Carson is jealous of which character?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Mary Carson not provide for Paddy's family?
2. Where will Meggie's wages from her housekeeping job go?
3. Who is hired as a new sheep shearer?
4. What is one thing that Fiona never does?
5. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)