|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Paddy when he goes to check on his sheep in the middle of a big storm?
(a) A wall of fire surrounds him, and he is burned alive.
(b) His horse throws him, and he breaks his neck.
(c) He is accidentally shot by a hunter.
(d) The smoke from the fire causes him to get lost.
2. Which character says that Frank is no better than the one who fathered him?
(d) Mary Carson.
3. What does Ralph stop just short of explaining to Meggie?
(a) That he is in love with Meggie.
(b) That Mary is jealous of Meggie.
(c) That Mary has no intention of sharing her wealth.
(d) Where babies come from.
4. Why is Meggie hurt at Mary's party?
(a) Because Paddy ignores her.
(b) Because Ralph ignores her at the party.
(c) Because she cannot get over Hal.
(d) Because she hasn't heard from Frank.
5. Why does Mary Carson prefer to remain a widow?
(a) She cannot find anyone she loves.
(b) Paddy will be jealous.
(c) She will have to leave her home.
(d) If she remarries, all of her wealth becomes her husband's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke want to borrow from Bob for his date to the dance with Meggie?
2. Who does Father Ralph bring news of when he goes to Drogheda for a visit after the war?
3. Where do the Cleary children attend school?
4. Who is the one character dissatisfied with life on the ranch?
5. What does Mary Carson have difficulty keeping?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)