|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the land a week after the fire?
(a) The burnt area withers even more in the heat.
(b) New growth begins to appear.
(c) Rains soak the area.
(d) The boys chop the remaining trees down.
2. Who tries to salvage Luke and Meggie's wedding?
(a) Father Ralph.
(b) Anne Mueller.
3. Why is Fiona punished by her family?
(a) Because she is in love with a married man.
(b) Because she is unmarried and pregnant.
(c) Because she runs away.
(d) Because she refuses to follow in her mother's footsteps.
4. Who assumes Paddy's role as head stockman?
5. Where is the original location for Meggie and Luke's wedding?
(b) The Holy Cross Church in Gillanbone.
(d) Mary Carson's backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Luke's new boss when he becomes a sugar cane cutter?
2. What is Bob like?
3. Who does Meggie think Luke looks like?
4. Who is in charge of a marriage, according to Meggie's background?
5. What is Paddy's occupation when he and his family leave New Zealand?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)