|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Mary Carson plan?
(a) A vacation for herself and Ralph.
(b) An outing for the entire Cleary family to Gillanbone.
(c) A coming out party for Meggie.
(d) A party for her 72nd birthday.
2. Which of the following is a gift that Ralph receives from Mary?
(a) A trip to New Zealand.
(b) A herd of livestock.
(c) New house.
3. Where do the Cleary children attend school?
(a) Lord of the Outback Elementary.
(b) The corner school.
(c) Sacred Heart Convent School.
(d) Wahine Elementary.
4. Why does Paddy Cleary move to New South Wales?
(a) Mary Carson is very ill.
(b) Fiona's family wants her to be closer to them.
(c) Drogheda is promised to him upon his sister's death.
(d) Father Ralph is the best priest in that area.
5. Why do Paddy and Frank have so many conflicts?
(a) Fiona favors Frank over Paddy.
(b) Paddy feels that Frank is too protective of Meggie.
(c) There is so much work to do and both are stressed.
(d) Frank is not Paddy's biological son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Ralph owe his success to?
2. Why does Paddy get into an argument with Frank when they are in Gillanbone for the Show and Picnic Races?
3. What does Ralph do with Mary Carson?
4. What two people or things is Ralph torn between?
5. What does Meggie give to Father Ralph to remember her by?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)