|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family member is not allowed to attend church?
2. What does Ralph insist that Meggie do?
(a) Talk to Fiona about female issues.
(b) Ride a horse in the proper riding clothes.
(c) Go back to the boarding school.
(d) Try to put Hal out of her mind and go on.
3. What does Father Ralph do for everyone in the family?
(a) He opens a bank account.
(b) He treats them to ice cream in town.
(c) He buys new pillows.
(d) He sends them on a trip to Wahine.
4. Which of the following does Mary Carson not provide for Paddy's family?
(a) Tuition for two of the Cleary children to go to boarding school.
(b) A job.
(c) A maid.
(d) A home.
5. What strikes the dead gum tree and starts the fire?
(a) A bolt of lightning.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) An arsonist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiona discover while packing?
2. What does Ralph stop just short of explaining to Meggie?
3. What does Father Ralph tell Meggie when he returns for the funerals?
4. Which of the following characters are Meggie's children?
5. How much older is Mary than Ralph?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)