|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ralph ignore Meggie at Mary's birthday party?
(a) He is tired of her childish ways.
(b) Paddy asks him to.
(c) He blames her for Hal's death.
(d) To prevent rumors of a liaison.
2. What is Paddy's occupation when he and his family leave New Zealand?
(a) Farmer and sometime sheep shearer.
(c) School teacher.
3. What is the district's most important social event?
(a) Gillanbone Show and Picnic Races.
(b) Holy Covenant Reunion.
(c) The Gillanbone Catholic Church Ice Cream Social.
(d) Drogheda Sheep Herders Reunion.
4. Where does Ralph find Meggie at the end of Mary's birthday party?
(a) Weeping in the garden.
(b) Sitting alone in her room at Drogheda.
(c) Crying over Hal's grave.
(d) Sitting on Mary's front porch.
5. Where is Fiona's family from?
(b) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Mary Carson not provide for Paddy's family?
2. What does Fiona's father give Paddy?
3. With the exception of Meggie, what is the family's attitude toward Fiona's latest pregnancy?
4. What does Mary give Ralph the evening of her 72nd birthday party?
5. What does Ralph do with Mary Carson?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)