|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sets Frank apart from the other male Cleary children?
(a) His desire to be independent.
(b) His love of adventure and travel.
(c) All of the given answers are correct.
(d) Helping his mother out when Paddy is not around.
2. What does the Cleary family not encounter at Drogheda?
(a) Dust and flies.
(b) Oppressive heat.
(c) A forest.
(d) Snakes, birds, and kangaroos.
3. What essential part of the house is still found outside at Drogheda?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The privy.
(c) A bathtub.
(d) A water heater.
4. Who does Mary Carson pay tuition for to attend boarding school in Gillanbone?
(a) Fiona and Paddy.
(b) Meggie and Stuart.
(c) Hal and Frank.
(d) Ralph and Jack.
5. What is the socio-economic level of Fiona's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the district's most important social event?
2. What two people or things is Ralph torn between?
3. Who is the first person that the Cleary family meets when they arrive in Gillanbone?
4. Why is Fiona punished by her family?
5. What does the oldest son want to do?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)