|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the exception of Meggie, what is the family's attitude toward Fiona's latest pregnancy?
(b) Anger at another mouth to feed.
(c) Welcoming - someone to eventually help out in the fields.
(d) Worry for Fiona's health.
2. What sets Frank apart from the other male Cleary children?
(a) His love of adventure and travel.
(b) All of the given answers are correct.
(c) His desire to be independent.
(d) Helping his mother out when Paddy is not around.
3. Why does Meggie's friend's family leave town?
(a) Her father finds a new job.
(b) The children are not successful in school.
(c) Their farm is taken by the bank.
(d) Paddy runs them out of town in disgrace.
4. Where is Fiona's family from?
(b) New Zealand.
5. Who is the main character of this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the special gift that Meggie receives for her fourth birthday?
2. What happens when the oldest son runs away?
3. What location is the primary setting of this love story?
4. Which of the following characters is not very fond of Meggie?
5. Which of the following are two of the Cleary boys?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)