|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Meggie's family's reaction to her return?
(a) They are disappointed in her.
(b) They are indifferent.
(c) They are very happy to have her home.
(d) They are mad because they liked Luke.
2. Where will Meggie's wages from her housekeeping job go?
(a) To support her family at Drogheda.
(b) To support the Catholic church.
(c) Straight into Luke's bank account.
(d) To send Jims and Patsy to boarding school.
3. What happens to the land a week after the fire?
(a) The boys chop the remaining trees down.
(b) Rains soak the area.
(c) The burnt area withers even more in the heat.
(d) New growth begins to appear.
4. What does Cardinal Contini-Verchese find out?
(a) That Father Ralph had an affair with Mary Carson.
(b) That Father Ralph prefers to stay in Gillanbone.
(c) That Father Ralph had an affair with Meggie.
(d) That Father Ralph has been lying about money.
5. Before returning for the funerals of Paddy and Stuart, when was the last time Father Ralph was at Drogheda?
(a) When he discussed Frank with Paddy.
(b) When he set up a trust fund for Meggie.
(c) When he officiated at the funeral of Mary Carson.
(d) When he talked to Fiona about Meggie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Cleary family not encounter at Drogheda?
2. What attacks Stuart?
3. Who does Meggie not want to tell that she is married?
4. Why does Mary Carson prefer to remain a widow?
5. What is Father Ralph's new role since the death of Mary Carson?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)