|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank participate in while touring the midway with Meggie and Ralph?
(a) Weight lifting contest.
(c) Blacksmith tournament.
(d) Pie eating contest.
2. What happens to Hal?
(a) He moves to town to attend boarding school.
(b) He runs away from home.
(c) He moves in with Mary Carson.
(d) He becomes ill and dies.
3. What does Fiona bring to her family?
(a) Extra money from a part-time job.
(b) Scandal and shame.
(c) An extra hand to help out with household chores.
(d) Praise for being a top student in her class.
4. What happens when the oldest son runs away?
(a) He is put in jail.
(b) He loses his home.
(c) He is captured by the police and brought back home.
(d) He is sent to a military school.
5. What does Fiona neglect to tell Meggie?
(a) That Frank is her half-brother.
(b) How to find a boyfriend.
(c) What really happened to Hal.
(d) The mechanics of the female body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meggie's friend's family leave town?
2. Which sibling does Meggie take under her wing?
3. With the exception of Meggie, what is the family's attitude toward Fiona's latest pregnancy?
4. Which of the following characters is not very fond of Meggie?
5. What does Mary Carson have difficulty keeping?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)