|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Hal?
(a) He becomes ill and dies.
(b) He moves in with Mary Carson.
(c) He runs away from home.
(d) He moves to town to attend boarding school.
2. Why does Meggie's friend's family leave town?
(a) Paddy runs them out of town in disgrace.
(b) The children are not successful in school.
(c) Her father finds a new job.
(d) Their farm is taken by the bank.
3. Mary Carson is jealous of which character?
4. Which character says that Frank is no better than the one who fathered him?
(b) Mary Carson.
5. Why does Paddy Cleary move to New South Wales?
(a) Fiona's family wants her to be closer to them.
(b) Mary Carson is very ill.
(c) Drogheda is promised to him upon his sister's death.
(d) Father Ralph is the best priest in that area.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the one character dissatisfied with life on the ranch?
2. What does the oldest son want to do?
3. How long did it take the Cleary family to arrive in Gillanbone?
4. Why does Paddy get into an argument with Frank when they are in Gillanbone for the Show and Picnic Races?
5. What is Ralph's role with the Cleary family?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)