|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attacks Stuart?
(a) A bear.
(b) A dingo.
(c) A python.
(d) A wild boar.
2. What does Mary tell Ralph after she leaves her birthday party?
(a) To loan Paddy money.
(b) That this will be her last party and she will choose her time to die.
(c) That he needs to be closer to the Cleary family to take care of them.
(d) To leave the maids alone.
3. What does Mary give Ralph the evening of her 72nd birthday party?
(a) The name of someone in Rome.
(b) A sealed envelope.
(c) The family Bible.
(d) The keys to her house.
4. Why is Meggie hurt at Mary's party?
(a) Because Paddy ignores her.
(b) Because she hasn't heard from Frank.
(c) Because she cannot get over Hal.
(d) Because Ralph ignores her at the party.
5. Why is Meggie initially attracted to Luke?
(a) Because he is physically strong.
(b) Because Fiona thinks he is a good catch.
(c) Because he superficially resembles Father Ralph.
(d) Because he reminds her of Paddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the housekeeper tell Ralph the morning after Mary Carson's birthday party?
2. Where do Luke and Meggie honeymoon?
3. Why does Paddy get into an argument with Frank when they are in Gillanbone for the Show and Picnic Races?
4. What strikes the dead gum tree and starts the fire?
5. How many days does the fire burn before the rains come?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)