|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of a marriage, according to Meggie's background?
(b) The man.
(c) The woman's father.
(d) The local priest.
2. What does Fiona's father give Paddy?
(a) A new car.
(b) A share in the family farm.
(c) A herd of sheep.
(d) Money to buy a farm.
3. Mary Carson is jealous of which character?
4. What does Mary demand of Ralph after her birthday party, but he refuses?
(a) A kiss.
(b) That he move away.
(c) That he quit seeing Meggie.
(d) That he find Frank and bring him home.
5. Where will Meggie's wages from her housekeeping job go?
(a) Straight into Luke's bank account.
(b) To support the Catholic church.
(c) To send Jims and Patsy to boarding school.
(d) To support her family at Drogheda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ralph ignore Meggie at Mary's birthday party?
2. What does Mary provide for the Cleary family for her 72nd birthday party?
3. What event does Mary Carson plan?
4. How does Paddy feel about Fiona?
5. What traveling job does Luke take for six days a week?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)