|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Meggie initially attracted to Luke?
(a) Because he is physically strong.
(b) Because he reminds her of Paddy.
(c) Because he superficially resembles Father Ralph.
(d) Because Fiona thinks he is a good catch.
2. Before returning for the funerals of Paddy and Stuart, when was the last time Father Ralph was at Drogheda?
(a) When he discussed Frank with Paddy.
(b) When he officiated at the funeral of Mary Carson.
(c) When he talked to Fiona about Meggie.
(d) When he set up a trust fund for Meggie.
3. What does Mary provide for the Cleary family for her 72nd birthday party?
(a) Indoor plumbing.
(b) New sheep.
(c) All new party clothes.
(d) A bigger house.
4. What does Mary tell Ralph after she leaves her birthday party?
(a) That this will be her last party and she will choose her time to die.
(b) To loan Paddy money.
(c) To leave the maids alone.
(d) That he needs to be closer to the Cleary family to take care of them.
5. How many brothers and sisters does Fiona have?
(b) None. She is an only child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paddy get into an argument with Frank when they are in Gillanbone for the Show and Picnic Races?
2. What does Mary Carson do before the event that she plans?
3. What does Mary demand of Ralph after her birthday party, but he refuses?
4. Mary Carson is jealous of which character?
5. What is the district's most important social event?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)