|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paddy get into an argument with Frank when they are in Gillanbone for the Show and Picnic Races?
(a) Frank does not participate in the blacksmith event.
(b) Frank loses Meggie.
(c) Frank loses the boxing match.
(d) Frank is boxing.
2. Who does Paddy work for before his marriage?
(a) The City of Gillanbone.
(b) Fiona's family.
(c) Fiona's uncle.
(d) Mary Carson.
3. Why does Archbishop de Bricassart disagree with the Pope?
(a) Because the Pope wants him to leave Rome.
(b) Because he feels that the Pope does not do enough to stop the war.
(c) Because the Pope wants him to ask Meggie's forgiveness.
(d) Because the Pope will not let the Archbishop visit Drogheda.
4. Who does Meggie not want to tell that she is married?
(c) Father Ralph.
5. What nationwide event happens that involves the Cleary family?
(a) The tax rate skyrockets.
(b) There is an earthquake.
(c) Wool and other sheep products are no longer in demand.
(d) The Prime Minister declares war on Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiona bring to her family?
2. Who assumes Paddy's role as head stockman?
3. What does Luke want to borrow from Bob for his date to the dance with Meggie?
4. What does Fiona's father give Paddy?
5. Which character says that Frank is no better than the one who fathered him?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)