|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Archbishop de Bricassart disagree with the Pope?
(a) Because he feels that the Pope does not do enough to stop the war.
(b) Because the Pope wants him to ask Meggie's forgiveness.
(c) Because the Pope will not let the Archbishop visit Drogheda.
(d) Because the Pope wants him to leave Rome.
2. How does Paddy feel about Fiona?
(a) He regrets marrying her.
(b) He wishes she would do a better job of housekeeping.
(c) He falls in love with her.
(d) He feels she and the baby are a burden to him.
3. What nationwide event happens that involves the Cleary family?
(a) The Prime Minister declares war on Germany.
(b) There is an earthquake.
(c) Wool and other sheep products are no longer in demand.
(d) The tax rate skyrockets.
4. Who does Paddy work for before his marriage?
(a) Fiona's family.
(b) Mary Carson.
(c) The City of Gillanbone.
(d) Fiona's uncle.
5. What happens to the land a week after the fire?
(a) The burnt area withers even more in the heat.
(b) Rains soak the area.
(c) The boys chop the remaining trees down.
(d) New growth begins to appear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiona bring to her family?
2. What does Frank participate in while touring the midway with Meggie and Ralph?
3. What happens to Patsy when he and Jims are at war?
4. Which character says that Frank is no better than the one who fathered him?
5. What does Luke want to borrow from Bob for his date to the dance with Meggie?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)