* This story covers over 55 years in the lives of the Cleary family in the Australian outback.
* The setting is their home, Drogheda, a sheep station in the Outback.
* At the heart of the story is the romance between Meggie Cleary and Father Ralph, a Roman Catholic priest.
* Meggie is 4 when the story begins, and she is given a doll, Agnes, for her birthday.
* Two of her brothers attempt to destroy the doll until they are stopped by Frank, the eldest Cleary child.
* Fiona and Paddy Cleary are the mother and father of the Cleary family.
* Paddy Cleary, the patriarch of the family, believes that young children should be in their own house only, so Meggie does not go to church on Sundays.
* Meggie and her brothers attend school at Sacred Heart in Wahine.
* Meggie befriends an Italian girl by the name of Teresa Annunzio.
* When Meggie...
This section contains 1,960 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)