|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eleanor's last name?
2. Where is Amory's old acquaintance when he wakes up while traveling after his summer with Eleanor?
3. How does Rosalind feel after she refuses Amory's proposal?
4. How does Amory get to the place he goes to at the end of the book?
5. What does Amory hear when he wakes up while traveling after his summer with Eleanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amory do at the very end of the book, and why?
2. What does Mrs. Connage say to Rosalind when she sees a relationship budding between Amory and her daughter?
3. What happens the second time Amory and Rosalind see each other?
4. What does Amory do after he is rejected by Rosalind?
5. What law does Amory's friend break while in Atlantic City?
6. What happens when Amory proposes to Rosalind?
7. What does Amory give a lecture about in the car on the way home from the funeral, and how is this received?
8. What happens when Amory gets to the hotel he was invited to while in Atlantic City?
9. What happens when Amory is walking through the woods in Maryland?
10. What does Eleanor have a reputation for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What does Amory choose to do with his inherited estate, and why does he choose to take this path?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)