|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom write poetry about?
2. What do Amory and Eleanor do together the night before Amory leaves?
3. Who walks in on Rosalind and one of her suitors?
4. How does Amory feel when he runs into an old acquaintance while traveling after his summer with Eleanor?
5. Where does Amory's old acquaintance hide the illegal substance he has when he runs into Amory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eleanor have a reputation for?
2. What happens when Amory's friend is about to get in trouble with the police in Atlantic City?
3. Who writes to Amory after he quits drinking, and what does the letter say?
4. What happens when Amory proposes to Rosalind?
5. What does Mrs. Connage say to Rosalind when she sees a relationship budding between Amory and her daughter?
6. What does Amory talk about with the driver who takes him home from the funeral?
7. What does Amory hear when he wakes up in the hotel in Atlantic City?
8. How do Eleanor and Amory feel about each other when they first meet, and what does this lead to?
9. What does Amory give a lecture about in the car on the way home from the funeral, and how is this received?
10. What law does Amory's friend break while in Atlantic City?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Amory choose to do with his inherited estate, and why does he choose to take this path?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)