|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Rosalind to a group of suitable men to marry?
2. How many sisters does Alec have?
3. What kind of man does Rosalind say she has to marry?
4. Where does the person who gives Amory a ride after the funeral tell him to look for work?
5. What kind of person is ridiculed by the person who drives Amory home after the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one of Rosalind's former suitors say about her, and how does Amory feel about this?
2. What stops Amory's drinking, and how does this affect his life?
3. Who writes to Amory after he quits drinking, and what does the letter say?
4. What does Amory talk about with the driver who takes him home from the funeral?
5. What happens when Amory goes for a visit to Maryland for a few days?
6. What does Amory give a lecture about in the car on the way home from the funeral, and how is this received?
7. What does Amory talk about that makes Tom very uncomfortable, and why?
8. What happens the second time Amory and Rosalind see each other?
9. What does the person in the car with Amory after the funeral say about his ideas, and who does it turn out to be?
10. How big is Alec's family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compassion was a virtue that was needed and employed by some of the main characters. What are some of the main instances of this virtue, and how are those characters affected?
Essay Topic 2
Amory endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how does it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)