|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amory know Mrs. Lawrence?
2. What does Amory say about all of the social organizations he has been a part of?
3. Why does Rosalind refuse Amory's proposal to her?
4. What does Amory think about after hearing about Rosalind's wedding?
5. What do Eleanor and Amory send each other after their summer together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Amory tries to kiss Eleanor for the first time?
2. What happens when Amory is walking through the woods in Maryland?
3. What happens when Amory proposes to Rosalind?
4. How do Eleanor and Amory feel about each other when they first meet, and what does this lead to?
5. What does Amory realize after attending Monsignor Darcy's funeral?
6. What law does Amory's friend break while in Atlantic City?
7. What does Amory do after he is rejected by Rosalind?
8. How big is Alec's family?
9. What does one of Rosalind's former suitors say about her, and how does Amory feel about this?
10. Where does Amory meet Rosalind, and what happens during this first meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)