|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sisters does Alec have?
2. What does Eleanor have a reputation for in Baltimore?
3. What is the name of the girl Amory's old acquaintance is with when he wakes up while traveling after his summer with Eleanor?
4. Why does Rosalind refuse Amory's proposal to her?
5. What is the only wealth that Amory has after he hears about Rosalind's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amory talk about with the driver who takes him home from the funeral?
2. What does Mrs. Connage say to Rosalind when she sees a relationship budding between Amory and her daughter?
3. What does Amory talk about that makes Tom very uncomfortable, and why?
4. What do Amory and Eleanor do to keep the memory of their summer alive?
5. What does Amory say about all the social groups he has been a part of?
6. How big is Alec's family?
7. What does Eleanor have a reputation for?
8. What does Amory hear when he wakes up in the hotel in Atlantic City?
9. What do Amory and Eleanor do the night before Amory leaves?
10. What happens when Amory tries to kiss Eleanor for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Fitzgerald have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)