|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amory know Mrs. Lawrence?
2. What does Amory do when his old acquaintance is in danger of being arrested?
3. What does Amory inherit on his mother's death?
4. What does Amory think about after hearing about Rosalind's wedding?
5. How long after their summer together do Amory and Eleanor send things to each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Amory gets to the hotel he was invited to while in Atlantic City?
2. What does Eleanor have a reputation for?
3. What does Amory say about all the social groups he has been a part of?
4. What happens when Amory tries to kiss Eleanor for the first time?
5. What does Amory talk about that makes Tom very uncomfortable, and why?
6. What do Amory and Eleanor do to keep the memory of their summer alive?
7. What law does Amory's friend break while in Atlantic City?
8. What happens when Amory goes for a visit to Maryland for a few days?
9. What happens when Amory's friend is about to get in trouble with the police in Atlantic City?
10. What does one of Rosalind's former suitors say about her, and how does Amory feel about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
There were a few different social and political ideals mentioned and discussed in this book. What are some of these ideals, and how does their presence in the book affect the main characters?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)