|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amory begin doing after he stops drinking?
2. What is Amory doing when he meets Eleanor?
3. What language does Eleanor speak?
4. What does Amory start doing in bars after being rejected by Rosalind?
5. Where does Amory see the wedding announcement of a past girlfriend when he returns to New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 2
Amory endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Compassion was a virtue that was needed and employed by some of the main characters. What are some of the main instances of this virtue, and how are those characters affected?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)