|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death does Amory hear about when he returns to New York after his summer with Eleanor?
2. How does Amory know Mrs. Lawrence?
3. Where does Amory go after being rejected by Rosalind?
4. Who does Amory call out for when he falls asleep while traveling after his summer with Eleanor?
5. What is Eleanor doing when Amory meets her?
Essay Topic 1
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 2
Amory endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)