|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person is ridiculed by the person who drives Amory home after the funeral?
2. Who does Amory talk to to help him figure out what to do after hearing about Rosalind's wedding?
3. Whose wedding announcement does Amory see when he returns to New York?
4. Who tells the story of the dangerous thing Rosalind did at a swimming party?
5. What does Eleanor do when Amory tries to kiss her for the first time?
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Fitzgerald have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)