|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amory do when his old acquaintance is in danger of being arrested?
2. What does Amory start doing in bars after being rejected by Rosalind?
3. Who does Amory avoid after he stops drinking?
4. Who does Amory run into when he travels after his experience with Eleanor?
5. What stops Amory's drinking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one of Rosalind's former suitors say about her, and how does Amory feel about this?
2. Who writes to Amory after he quits drinking, and what does the letter say?
3. What do Amory and Eleanor do the night before Amory leaves?
4. What does Amory talk about that makes Tom very uncomfortable, and why?
5. How big is Alec's family?
6. Where does Amory meet Rosalind, and what happens during this first meeting?
7. What happens when Amory gets to the hotel he was invited to while in Atlantic City?
8. What does Eleanor have a reputation for?
9. What does the person in the car with Amory after the funeral say about his ideas, and who does it turn out to be?
10. What does Amory talk about with the driver who takes him home from the funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
There were a few different social and political ideals mentioned and discussed in this book. What are some of these ideals, and how does their presence in the book affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)