|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Rosalind and Amory date?
2. What causes Tom to leave the apartment he shares with Amory?
3. Where does the person who gives Amory a ride after the funeral tell him to look for work?
4. What does Amory confess to Rosalind the second time he sees her?
5. What word does Amory use to describe himself at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amory talk about with the driver who takes him home from the funeral?
2. What does Eleanor have a reputation for?
3. How big is Alec's family?
4. What happens when Amory proposes to Rosalind?
5. What law does Amory's friend break while in Atlantic City?
6. What does Amory talk about that makes Tom very uncomfortable, and why?
7. What happens when Amory goes to quit his job after being rejected by Rosalind?
8. What happens when Amory tries to kiss Eleanor for the first time?
9. Where does Amory meet Rosalind, and what happens during this first meeting?
10. What happens when Amory's friend is about to get in trouble with the police in Atlantic City?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Fitzgerald have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)