|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosalind say she has power over?
2. What do Amory and Eleanor do together the night before Amory leaves?
3. How does Amory get to the place he goes to at the end of the book?
4. What does Eleanor yell at Amory for when he first tries to kiss her?
5. Which of the following is NOT a social organization that Amory has been a part of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amory do after he is rejected by Rosalind?
2. What law does Amory's friend break while in Atlantic City?
3. What does one of Rosalind's former suitors say about her, and how does Amory feel about this?
4. Who writes to Amory after he quits drinking, and what does the letter say?
5. What does Amory realize after attending Monsignor Darcy's funeral?
6. What happens when Amory's friend is about to get in trouble with the police in Atlantic City?
7. What does Amory hear when he wakes up in the hotel in Atlantic City?
8. What do Amory and Eleanor do the night before Amory leaves?
9. What does Eleanor have a reputation for?
10. What news does Amory receive when he gets back to New York after his trip to Atlantic City?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
What does Amory choose to do with his inherited estate, and why does he choose to take this path?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)