|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amory like to do in his spare time?
2. Where is Amory when he gets a letter in the Interlude?
3. What is the title of the piece that is included in the letter Amory gets in the Interlude?
4. Where does Kerry go when he joins the war?
5. Who does Amory see when he visits Minneapolis while in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Burne in Amory's junior year of college?
2. What is the title of the poem that Monsignor Darcy writes to Amory during the Interlude?
3. Who dies during the Interlude?
4. What does Isabelle do after Dick's death?
5. What does Amory do at Christmas after his fight with Isabelle?
6. How does Princeton feel about the changes in Burne in Amory's junior year of college?
7. How does Amory refer to himself and Tom when he writes to Tom during the Interlude?
8. What happens while Amory is walking along Broadway with Fred Sloane?
9. How does Amory feel after confronting Burne about the changes he makes in Amory's junior year of college?
10. What happens when Amory is heading to Europe when he is 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Fitzgerald have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)