|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Amory first sees Clara when he visits her?
2. How does Amory feel after his first night at college?
3. What do Amory and his new friend at college do to entertain themselves?
4. Where does Amory want to go to school?
5. What disgusts Amory about the girls on Broadway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the title of the poem that Monsignor Darcy writes to Amory during the Interlude?
2. How does Amory feel after confronting Burne about the changes he makes in Amory's junior year of college?
3. What happens when Amory visits with Clara after her husband dies?
4. What does Amory do when he joins the Triangle Club?
5. What do Beatrice and Amory talk about when he returns to Lake Geneva?
6. What happens at Myra's party?
7. What happens while Amory is walking along Broadway with Fred Sloane?
8. What do Kerry and Amory do during their first college years for fun?
9. What happens to Burne in Amory's junior year of college?
10. What does Amory do at Christmas after his fight with Isabelle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Amory endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
There were a few different social and political ideals mentioned and discussed in this book. What are some of these ideals, and how does their presence in the book affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
How does Amory's relationship with Monsignor Darcy change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)