|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Amory comforted when he gets back to Princeton after being disgusted by the atmosphere on Broadway?
2. What does Amory have his strongest connection to?
3. What has recently happened to Clara when Amory gets a letter about her?
4. What does Amory think of all the kids he goes to school with?
5. What brings Amory so much comfort on the Princeton campus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Monsignor Darcy say in his letter to Amory during the Interlude?
2. How is Amory raised by his mother?
3. What happens when Amory visits with Clara after her husband dies?
4. What does Amory do when he goes to the front lines for the first time?
5. What happens while Amory is walking along Broadway with Fred Sloane?
6. What does Amory decide to do after his scary experience in New York?
7. Who greets Amory after his scary experience in New York, and what do they do?
8. What happens at Myra's party?
9. What is the title of the poem that Monsignor Darcy writes to Amory during the Interlude?
10. What happens when Isabelle and Amory have their first fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What does Amory choose to do with his inherited estate, and why does he choose to take this path?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Fitzgerald have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)