Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Amory first sees Clara when he visits her?
2. What college does Amory choose to attend?
3. Who does Burne walk with when he hears about the reform movement?
4. What does the person who writes Amory in the Interlude warn him of?
5. Who does Amory yell at when he becomes disgusted with the atmosphere on Broadway?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Eleanor and Amory feel about each other when they first meet, and what does this lead to?
2. What does Amory realize after attending Monsignor Darcy's funeral?
3. What does Isabelle do after Dick's death?
4. What do Kerry and Amory do during their first college years for fun?
5. What does Amory hear when he wakes up in the hotel in Atlantic City?
6. What does Mrs. Connage say to Rosalind when she sees a relationship budding between Amory and her daughter?
7. What do Amory and his friends choose to do at the end of Amory's junior year of college?
8. Who does Amory see in Atlantic City, and how does this make him feel?
9. What happens when Amory proposes to Rosalind?
10. What do Amory and Eleanor do the night before Amory leaves?
Essay Topic 1
Compassion was a virtue that was needed and employed by some of the main characters. What are some of the main instances of this virtue, and how are those characters affected?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 3
How does Amory's relationship with Monsignor Darcy change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)