Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Amory first sees Clara when he visits her?
2. What college does Amory choose to attend?
3. Who does Burne walk with when he hears about the reform movement?
4. What does the person who writes Amory in the Interlude warn him of?
5. Who does Amory yell at when he becomes disgusted with the atmosphere on Broadway?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Eleanor and Amory feel about each other when they first meet, and what does this lead to?
2. What does Amory realize after attending Monsignor Darcy's funeral?
3. What does Isabelle do after Dick's death?
4. What do Kerry and Amory do during their first college years for fun?
5. What does Amory hear when he wakes up in the hotel in Atlantic City?
6. What does Mrs. Connage say to Rosalind when she sees a relationship budding between Amory and her daughter?
7. What do Amory and his friends choose to do at the end of Amory's junior year of college?
8. Who does Amory see in Atlantic City, and how does this make him feel?
9. What happens when Amory proposes to Rosalind?
10. What do Amory and Eleanor do the night before Amory leaves?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)