|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters are included in the Interlude?
2. What does Amory think of all the kids he goes to school with?
3. What year of college is Amory in when one of his friends joins a reform movement?
4. What is included in the letter that Amory gets in the Interlude?
5. What does Amory call himself in the letter he writes in the Interlude?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Princeton feel about the changes in Burne in Amory's junior year of college?
2. How does Amory refer to himself and Tom when he writes to Tom during the Interlude?
3. What happens at Myra's party?
4. What happens when Isabelle and Amory have their first fight?
5. What does Amory do at Christmas after his fight with Isabelle?
6. What is the title of the poem that Monsignor Darcy writes to Amory during the Interlude?
7. What does Amory do when he joins the Triangle Club?
8. Where does Amory decide to go to college, and why?
9. How does Amory spend his first day at Princeton?
10. What does Amory decide to do after his scary experience in New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Beatrice was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)