|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Amory not able to play the sport he wants to in college?
2. Where does Amory vow to spend his adult life?
3. What club does Amory join after WWI starts?
4. Where is Amory when he gets sick when he is 13?
5. How does Amory feel after his first night at college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Beatrice and Amory talk about when he returns to Lake Geneva?
2. What does Isabelle do after Dick's death?
3. What does Amory ask of Tom in his letter to him during the Interlude?
4. What does Burne challenge the college newspaper about in Amory's junior year of college?
5. What does Amory decide he wants to be when he gets older in his last year of high school?
6. Who dies during the Interlude?
7. What does Amory decide to do after his scary experience in New York?
8. Where does Amory decide to go to college, and why?
9. What does Amory do at Christmas after his fight with Isabelle?
10. What do Kerry and Amory do during their first college years for fun?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Amory's relationship with Monsignor Darcy change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
There were a few different social and political ideals mentioned and discussed in this book. What are some of these ideals, and how does their presence in the book affect the main characters?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)