|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Amory's last name?
2. Where is Amory going when he gets sick when he is 13?
3. Who does Amory write to in the Interlude?
4. Who does Amory talk to before he leaves to go to his new school?
5. What disgusts Amory about the girls on Broadway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amory decide to do after his scary experience in New York?
2. Who greets Amory after his scary experience in New York, and what do they do?
3. Where does Amory decide to go to college, and why?
4. What does Amory do when he goes to the front lines for the first time?
5. What happens when Isabelle and Amory meet in Minneapolis during a school break?
6. How is Amory raised by his mother?
7. What happens when Amory is heading to Europe when he is 13?
8. What happens to Burne in Amory's junior year of college?
9. What do Beatrice and Amory talk about when he returns to Lake Geneva?
10. What does Amory do in New York after Kerry joins the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Amory endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)