|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Amory talk to before he leaves to go to his new school?
2. Why does Clara not want to be with Amory?
3. Who does the person writing Amory in the Interlude say he will be fighting against?
4. What disgusts Amory about the girls on Broadway?
5. What does Amory have his strongest connection to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amory do when he goes to the front lines for the first time?
2. Who dies during the Interlude?
3. What happens at Myra's party?
4. What happens when Isabelle and Amory have their first fight?
5. What does Amory decide he wants to be when he gets older in his last year of high school?
6. What does Monsignor Darcy say in his letter to Amory during the Interlude?
7. What does Amory decide to do after his scary experience in New York?
8. How does Amory spend his first day at Princeton?
9. What is the title of the poem that Monsignor Darcy writes to Amory during the Interlude?
10. How does meeting Tom affect Amory's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Amory choose to do with his inherited estate, and why does he choose to take this path?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How does Amory's relationship with Monsignor Darcy change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)