|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes to Amory about Clara?
2. What is the name of Amory's best friend when he lives with his aunt and uncle?
3. Why does Amory back out of a date with a chorus girl?
4. What is Amory's mother's name?
5. Which of Amory's friends joins a reform movement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amory do when he goes to the front lines for the first time?
2. What happens when Isabelle and Amory have their first fight?
3. How does Princeton feel about the changes in Burne in Amory's junior year of college?
4. Who dies during the Interlude?
5. What does Amory decide to do after his scary experience in New York?
6. What does Burne challenge the college newspaper about in Amory's junior year of college?
7. What happens while Amory is walking along Broadway with Fred Sloane?
8. What does Amory ask of Tom in his letter to him during the Interlude?
9. How does Amory spend his first day at Princeton?
10. What does Amory decide he wants to be when he gets older in his last year of high school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)