|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Amory kiss at Myra's party?
2. Where does Amory have his first few poems published?
3. Where does Amory wake up after his drunken night in New York?
4. Where is Amory when he gets sick when he is 13?
5. Where do Amory's aunt and uncle live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Amory visits with Clara after her husband dies?
2. What do Amory and his friends choose to do at the end of Amory's junior year of college?
3. How does meeting Tom affect Amory's life?
4. Who greets Amory after his scary experience in New York, and what do they do?
5. What happens to Burne in Amory's junior year of college?
6. How does Princeton feel about the changes in Burne in Amory's junior year of college?
7. What does Amory decide to do after his scary experience in New York?
8. How is Amory raised by his mother?
9. What happens at Myra's party?
10. What does Amory decide he wants to be when he gets older in his last year of high school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Fitzgerald have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)