|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the piece that is included in the letter Amory gets in the Interlude?
2. Where does Amory meet the chorus girl he is supposed to date?
3. How does Amory's mother treat him while he is growing up?
4. Who does Amory try to embarrass while he lives with his aunt and uncle?
5. Where do Amory and Isabelle have their first fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Amory is heading to Europe when he is 13?
2. What does Amory decide to do after his scary experience in New York?
3. How does Amory spend his first day at Princeton?
4. What do Beatrice and Amory talk about when he returns to Lake Geneva?
5. What does Amory decide he wants to be when he gets older in his last year of high school?
6. What does Amory do at Christmas after his fight with Isabelle?
7. What happens while Amory is walking along Broadway with Fred Sloane?
8. What does Monsignor Darcy say in his letter to Amory during the Interlude?
9. What does Burne challenge the college newspaper about in Amory's junior year of college?
10. What happens to Burne in Amory's junior year of college?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Fitzgerald have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)