|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Amory not able to play the sport he wants to in college?
2. Who greets Amory when he gets back to Princeton after being disgusted by the atmosphere on Broadway?
3. What does Amory have his strongest connection to?
4. Who has a premonition about Amory in New York?
5. Why do the boys at school dislike Amory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Burne challenge the college newspaper about in Amory's junior year of college?
2. What happens when Isabelle and Amory have their first fight?
3. What do Beatrice and Amory talk about when he returns to Lake Geneva?
4. What does Monsignor Darcy say in his letter to Amory during the Interlude?
5. What happens at Myra's party?
6. What happens while Amory is walking along Broadway with Fred Sloane?
7. How is Amory raised by his mother?
8. What do Amory and his friends choose to do at the end of Amory's junior year of college?
9. What is the title of the poem that Monsignor Darcy writes to Amory during the Interlude?
10. Who greets Amory after his scary experience in New York, and what do they do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Amory's relationship with Monsignor Darcy change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Fitzgerald have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)