|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Amory talk to before he leaves to go to his new school?
2. What does Amory do really well while in school?
3. What has recently happened to Clara when Amory gets a letter about her?
4. What is Amory doing when he receives a letter in the Interlude?
5. Why is Amory not able to play the sport he wants to in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Monsignor Darcy say in his letter to Amory during the Interlude?
2. What does Amory decide to do after his scary experience in New York?
3. What do Kerry and Amory do during their first college years for fun?
4. What law does Amory's friend break while in Atlantic City?
5. What does Mrs. Connage say to Rosalind when she sees a relationship budding between Amory and her daughter?
6. What news does Amory receive when he gets back to New York after his trip to Atlantic City?
7. What does Amory do after he is rejected by Rosalind?
8. How does meeting Tom affect Amory's life?
9. What does Amory ask of Tom in his letter to him during the Interlude?
10. Who greets Amory after his scary experience in New York, and what do they do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,247 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)