Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Amory first sees Clara when he visits her?
2. What college does Amory choose to attend?
3. Who does Burne walk with when he hears about the reform movement?
4. What does the person who writes Amory in the Interlude warn him of?
5. Who does Amory yell at when he becomes disgusted with the atmosphere on Broadway?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Eleanor and Amory feel about each other when they first meet, and what does this lead to?
2. What does Amory realize after attending Monsignor Darcy's funeral?
3. What does Isabelle do after Dick's death?
4. What do Kerry and Amory do during their first college years for fun?
5. What does Amory hear when he wakes up in the hotel in Atlantic City?
6. What does Mrs. Connage say to Rosalind when she sees a relationship budding between Amory and her daughter?
7. What do Amory and his friends choose to do at the end of Amory's junior year of college?
8. Who does Amory see in Atlantic City, and how does this make him feel?
9. What happens when Amory proposes to Rosalind?
10. What do Amory and Eleanor do the night before Amory leaves?
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
There were a few different social and political ideals mentioned and discussed in this book. What are some of these ideals, and how does their presence in the book affect the main characters?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)