|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dick die?
2. What does Amory choose to do at the end of his school year after his visit to Clara?
3. Who does Amory try to embarrass while he lives with his aunt and uncle?
4. Who does Burne walk with when he hears about the reform movement?
5. How is Clara related to Amory?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does meeting Tom affect Amory's life?
2. What is the title of the poem that Monsignor Darcy writes to Amory during the Interlude?
3. What does Amory decide to do after his scary experience in New York?
4. How does Amory refer to himself and Tom when he writes to Tom during the Interlude?
5. What happens when Isabelle and Amory meet in Minneapolis during a school break?
6. What does Monsignor Darcy say in his letter to Amory during the Interlude?
7. Who dies during the Interlude?
8. What happens when Amory is heading to Europe when he is 13?
9. Who greets Amory after his scary experience in New York, and what do they do?
10. What does Amory do when he goes to the front lines for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Fitzgerald have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
There were a few different social and political ideals mentioned and discussed in this book. What are some of these ideals, and how does their presence in the book affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)