|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Clara related to Amory?
2. What does Amory call the person he writes to in the Interlude?
3. Where does Amory sleep when he visits the seaside with his friends?
4. What does Amory think after he and Isabelle have their first fight?
5. What brings Amory so much comfort on the Princeton campus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Isabelle and Amory have their first fight?
2. How does Amory spend his first day at Princeton?
3. How does Princeton feel about the changes in Burne in Amory's junior year of college?
4. What happens when Isabelle and Amory meet in Minneapolis during a school break?
5. What does Burne challenge the college newspaper about in Amory's junior year of college?
6. What is the title of the poem that Monsignor Darcy writes to Amory during the Interlude?
7. What does Monsignor Darcy say in his letter to Amory during the Interlude?
8. What does Amory do in New York after Kerry joins the war?
9. What do Beatrice and Amory talk about when he returns to Lake Geneva?
10. What do Kerry and Amory do during their first college years for fun?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Beatrice was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot and why?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)