|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amory call himself in the letter he writes in the Interlude?
2. Who tells Amory's friend that Princeton is unhappy with his reform movement?
3. Who does Burne walk with when he hears about the reform movement?
4. What does Amory do really well while in school?
5. What does Burne challenge the college newspaper about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who writes to Amory after he quits drinking, and what does the letter say?
2. What happens when Amory's friend is about to get in trouble with the police in Atlantic City?
3. What does Amory talk about with the driver who takes him home from the funeral?
4. What happens the second time Amory and Rosalind see each other?
5. What happens when Amory is heading to Europe when he is 13?
6. How does Amory spend his first day at Princeton?
7. What happens when Amory is walking through the woods in Maryland?
8. What happens while Amory is walking along Broadway with Fred Sloane?
9. What news does Amory receive when he gets back to New York after his trip to Atlantic City?
10. What do Amory and his friends choose to do at the end of Amory's junior year of college?
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
There were a few different social and political ideals mentioned and discussed in this book. What are some of these ideals, and how does their presence in the book affect the main characters?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)