|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Amory first sees Clara when he visits her?
2. What college does Amory choose to attend?
3. Who does Burne walk with when he hears about the reform movement?
4. What does the person who writes Amory in the Interlude warn him of?
5. Who does Amory yell at when he becomes disgusted with the atmosphere on Broadway?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Eleanor and Amory feel about each other when they first meet, and what does this lead to?
2. What does Amory realize after attending Monsignor Darcy's funeral?
3. What does Isabelle do after Dick's death?
4. What do Kerry and Amory do during their first college years for fun?
5. What does Amory hear when he wakes up in the hotel in Atlantic City?
6. What does Mrs. Connage say to Rosalind when she sees a relationship budding between Amory and her daughter?
7. What do Amory and his friends choose to do at the end of Amory's junior year of college?
8. Who does Amory see in Atlantic City, and how does this make him feel?
9. What happens when Amory proposes to Rosalind?
10. What do Amory and Eleanor do the night before Amory leaves?
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What does Amory choose to do with his inherited estate, and why does he choose to take this path?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)