|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amory call himself in the letter he writes in the Interlude?
2. Who does the person writing Amory in the Interlude say he will be fighting against?
3. Where does Amory meet the chorus girl he is supposed to date?
4. What year of college is Amory in when one of his friends joins a reform movement?
5. What does Burne challenge the college newspaper about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who greets Amory after his scary experience in New York, and what do they do?
2. How does Amory spend his first day at Princeton?
3. What does Amory do when he goes to the front lines for the first time?
4. What happens when Isabelle and Amory meet in Minneapolis during a school break?
5. What happens to Burne in Amory's junior year of college?
6. What is the title of the poem that Monsignor Darcy writes to Amory during the Interlude?
7. Where does Amory decide to go to college, and why?
8. What does Amory decide he wants to be when he gets older in his last year of high school?
9. What does Monsignor Darcy say in his letter to Amory during the Interlude?
10. Who dies during the Interlude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Fitzgerald have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
There were a few different social and political ideals mentioned and discussed in this book. What are some of these ideals, and how does their presence in the book affect the main characters?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)