|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Amory try to embarrass while he lives with his aunt and uncle?
2. Who has a premonition about Amory in New York?
3. Who does Amory see when he visits Minneapolis while in college?
4. What is Burne's last name?
5. Where does Amory sleep when he visits the seaside with his friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amory decide he wants to be when he gets older in his last year of high school?
2. What happens when Amory is heading to Europe when he is 13?
3. What does Isabelle do after Dick's death?
4. What do Amory and his friends choose to do at the end of Amory's junior year of college?
5. Where does Amory decide to go to college, and why?
6. What do Beatrice and Amory talk about when he returns to Lake Geneva?
7. What do Kerry and Amory do during their first college years for fun?
8. What does Amory do at Christmas after his fight with Isabelle?
9. How does meeting Tom affect Amory's life?
10. What does Amory do when he goes to the front lines for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Fitzgerald have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)