|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Amory try to play in college?
2. Where does Kerry go when he joins the war?
3. Who introduces Amory to writers?
4. Where does Amory meet the chorus girl he is supposed to date?
5. What does Amory tell Monsignor Darcy when he visits him during his troubles at Princeton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Amory and his friends choose to do at the end of Amory's junior year of college?
2. What happens when Amory is heading to Europe when he is 13?
3. What does Amory do when he goes to the front lines for the first time?
4. What does Monsignor Darcy say in his letter to Amory during the Interlude?
5. How does Amory refer to himself and Tom when he writes to Tom during the Interlude?
6. What happens when Amory visits with Clara after her husband dies?
7. What is the title of the poem that Monsignor Darcy writes to Amory during the Interlude?
8. What does Amory ask of Tom in his letter to him during the Interlude?
9. Where does Amory decide to go to college, and why?
10. What do Beatrice and Amory talk about when he returns to Lake Geneva?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
How does Amory's relationship with Monsignor Darcy change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how does it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)