|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who writes Amory in the Interlude warn him of?
2. Where does Amory meet the chorus girl he is supposed to date?
3. Why is Amory not able to kiss the girl he sees while visiting Minneapolis while in college?
4. Where is Amory when he gets a letter in the Interlude?
5. What college does Amory choose to attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Amory see in Atlantic City, and how does this make him feel?
2. What does Amory realize after attending Monsignor Darcy's funeral?
3. What happens when Isabelle and Amory meet in Minneapolis during a school break?
4. What does Amory decide to do after his scary experience in New York?
5. What happens when Amory visits with Clara after her husband dies?
6. What do Amory and Eleanor do to keep the memory of their summer alive?
7. What happens the second time Amory and Rosalind see each other?
8. What happens when Amory's friend is about to get in trouble with the police in Atlantic City?
9. What does Isabelle do after Dick's death?
10. What does Amory talk about with the driver who takes him home from the funeral?
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)