|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Amory kiss at Myra's party?
2. What does Amory do when he is in danger of failing some college courses?
3. How does Amory get back to Princeton after being disgusted by the atmosphere on Broadway?
4. Who does Amory try to embarrass while he lives with his aunt and uncle?
5. Where is Amory when he gets a letter in the Interlude?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Beatrice and Amory talk about when he returns to Lake Geneva?
2. What does Amory decide to do after his scary experience in New York?
3. Who dies during the Interlude?
4. How does meeting Tom affect Amory's life?
5. What does Amory do in New York after Kerry joins the war?
6. What is the title of the poem that Monsignor Darcy writes to Amory during the Interlude?
7. How does Amory refer to himself and Tom when he writes to Tom during the Interlude?
8. How does Amory feel after confronting Burne about the changes he makes in Amory's junior year of college?
9. What happens when Amory is heading to Europe when he is 13?
10. Where does Amory decide to go to college, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)