|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amory vow to spend his adult life?
2. How does Dick die?
3. What does Amory tell Monsignor Darcy when he visits him during his troubles at Princeton?
4. Where do Amory's aunt and uncle live?
5. What does Amory choose to do at the end of his school year after his visit to Clara?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the title of the poem that Monsignor Darcy writes to Amory during the Interlude?
2. Who dies during the Interlude?
3. What happens when Isabelle and Amory have their first fight?
4. How does Amory spend his first day at Princeton?
5. How does Amory refer to himself and Tom when he writes to Tom during the Interlude?
6. What does Isabelle do after Dick's death?
7. What does Amory decide he wants to be when he gets older in his last year of high school?
8. What happens while Amory is walking along Broadway with Fred Sloane?
9. What does Burne challenge the college newspaper about in Amory's junior year of college?
10. What does Amory decide to do after his scary experience in New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were a few different social and political ideals mentioned and discussed in this book. What are some of these ideals, and how does their presence in the book affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 2
What does Amory choose to do with his inherited estate, and why does he choose to take this path?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how does it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)