|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the boys at school dislike Amory?
2. What college does Amory choose to attend?
3. What season does Amory's father die?
4. Why does Princeton get so frustrated when Amory's friend joins a reform movement?
5. How does Amory get back to Princeton after being disgusted by the atmosphere on Broadway?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amory feel after confronting Burne about the changes he makes in Amory's junior year of college?
2. Who greets Amory after his scary experience in New York, and what do they do?
3. How is Amory raised by his mother?
4. What does Amory decide to do after his scary experience in New York?
5. What does Amory do when he goes to the front lines for the first time?
6. What happens to Burne in Amory's junior year of college?
7. Where does Amory decide to go to college, and why?
8. What does Isabelle do after Dick's death?
9. How does Amory spend his first day at Princeton?
10. What do Kerry and Amory do during their first college years for fun?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Amory endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Beatrice was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)