|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amory feel after hearing about the dangerous thing Rosalind did at a swimming party once?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is worried.
(d) He loves her even more.
2. What does Amory inherit on his mother's death?
(a) The Lake Geneva House.
(c) His father's business.
(d) He debt.
3. What illegal substance is the old acquaintance of Amory's hiding when they run into each other?
(d) Snuffing powder.
4. Who does Amory talk to to help him figure out what to do after hearing about Rosalind's wedding?
5. Who tells the story of the dangerous thing Rosalind did at a swimming party?
(c) A former suitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eleanor's last name?
2. What is Amory doing when he meets Eleanor?
3. Where does Amory's old acquaintance hide the illegal substance he has when he runs into Amory?
4. Where does Amory go after his experience with Eleanor?
5. How does Rosalind feel after she refuses Amory's proposal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amory say about all the social groups he has been a part of?
2. Who writes to Amory after he quits drinking, and what does the letter say?
3. How do Eleanor and Amory feel about each other when they first meet, and what does this lead to?
4. Where does Amory meet Rosalind, and what happens during this first meeting?
5. What does Amory do at the very end of the book, and why?
6. What does Eleanor have a reputation for?
7. What stops Amory's drinking, and how does this affect his life?
8. What does Amory give a lecture about in the car on the way home from the funeral, and how is this received?
9. What do Amory and Eleanor do the night before Amory leaves?
10. What happens when Amory is walking through the woods in Maryland?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)