|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Amory's work published after he stops drinking?
(a) A book.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A newsletter.
(d) A magazine.
2. How many sisters does Alec have?
3. Who does Amory get a ride from on the way home from a funeral?
(a) A stranger.
4. Who tells Rosalind to refuse Amory's proposal to her?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her former suitor.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
5. Who does Amory talk to to help him figure out what to do after hearing about Rosalind's wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amory hear when he wakes up while traveling after his summer with Eleanor?
2. Who tells the story of the dangerous thing Rosalind did at a swimming party?
3. What word does Amory use to describe himself at the end of the book?
4. What does Amory confess to Rosalind the second time he sees her?
5. What is Amory doing when he meets Eleanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Amory gets to the hotel he was invited to while in Atlantic City?
2. What happens the second time Amory and Rosalind see each other?
3. What do Amory and Eleanor do to keep the memory of their summer alive?
4. What news does Amory receive when he gets back to New York after his trip to Atlantic City?
5. What does Amory do at the very end of the book, and why?
6. What law does Amory's friend break while in Atlantic City?
7. What does the person in the car with Amory after the funeral say about his ideas, and who does it turn out to be?
8. What happens when Amory proposes to Rosalind?
9. What do Amory and Eleanor do the night before Amory leaves?
10. What does Amory say about all the social groups he has been a part of?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)