|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Burne become when Amory returns from his visit to Clara?
(a) A Pacifist.
(b) A Socialist.
(c) A Libertarian.
(d) A Democrat.
2. What is Amory's mother's name?
3. What does Amory do really well while in school?
(a) Writes poetry.
(b) Sings in the choir.
(c) Plays football.
(d) Tutors struggling students.
4. Why is Amory not able to play the sport he wants to in college?
(a) He was unhappy with the coach.
(b) He got injured.
(c) He did not make the team.
(d) He was too busy.
5. Who writes to Amory during the Interlude?
(b) Monsignor Darcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the piece that is included in the letter Amory gets in the Interlude?
2. What does Burne challenge the college newspaper about?
3. Who does Burne walk with when he hears about the reform movement?
4. Where is Amory going when he gets sick when he is 13?
5. What disgusts Amory about the girls on Broadway?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Amory decide to go to college, and why?
2. What does Amory decide to do after his scary experience in New York?
3. Who dies during the Interlude?
4. What happens at Myra's party?
5. How does meeting Tom affect Amory's life?
6. What do Amory and his friends choose to do at the end of Amory's junior year of college?
7. What does Amory ask of Tom in his letter to him during the Interlude?
8. What happens to Burne in Amory's junior year of college?
9. What happens while Amory is walking along Broadway with Fred Sloane?
10. What does Amory do at Christmas after his fight with Isabelle?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)