|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the piece that is included in the letter Amory gets in the Interlude?
(a) The Shepherd's Prayer.
(b) A Warning to My Boy.
(c) A Lament for a Foster Son.
(d) A Psalm of Love.
2. What is Amory doing when he receives a letter in the Interlude?
(a) Performing in a play.
(b) Attending a funeral.
(c) Writing a book.
(d) Training for war.
3. Why is Amory not able to kiss the girl he sees while visiting Minneapolis while in college?
(a) They are interrupted.
(b) He gets nervous.
(c) She refuses.
(d) Her boyfriend shows up.
4. What brings Amory so much comfort on the Princeton campus?
(a) His belongings are there.
(b) His friends are there.
(c) There are no women.
(d) Everyone there is wealthy.
5. What major sickness does Amory get when he is 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Amory when he gets a letter in the Interlude?
2. What does Amory do when he is in danger of failing some college courses?
3. Who does Amory see when he visits Minneapolis while in college?
4. Which of the following characters does NOT die during the war?
5. What does Amory like to do in his spare time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amory do in New York after Kerry joins the war?
2. What does Amory ask of Tom in his letter to him during the Interlude?
3. How does Amory spend his first day at Princeton?
4. What happens when Amory visits with Clara after her husband dies?
5. How does Amory refer to himself and Tom when he writes to Tom during the Interlude?
6. How does meeting Tom affect Amory's life?
7. How does Amory feel after confronting Burne about the changes he makes in Amory's junior year of college?
8. What do Kerry and Amory do during their first college years for fun?
9. What does Amory decide he wants to be when he gets older in his last year of high school?
10. What happens to Burne in Amory's junior year of college?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)