|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amory think after he and Isabelle have their first fight?
(a) She might dump him.
(b) The relationship is harder than he thought it would be.
(c) The relationship is over.
(d) They need time to cool off.
2. What does Amory consider doing as a career during his first weeks at college?
3. What does Amory choose to do at the end of his school year after his visit to Clara?
(a) Move to Europe.
(b) Join the war.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Travel across the country.
4. When do Tom and Amory leave each other for an extended period of time?
(a) When Tom gets married.
(b) When they go to boot camp.
(c) When Tom is arrested.
(d) When Amory travels to Europe.
5. What happens when Amory first sees Clara when he visits her?
(a) He is intimidated by her intelligence.
(b) He falls in love with her instantly.
(c) He recognizes her from a Broadway show.
(d) He is disgusted by her poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amory tell Monsignor Darcy when he visits him during his troubles at Princeton?
2. Who writes to Amory about Clara?
3. What is Amory's mother's name?
4. Why is Amory not able to play the sport he wants to in college?
5. What does Amory think of all the kids he goes to school with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Monsignor Darcy say in his letter to Amory during the Interlude?
2. What happens at Myra's party?
3. What happens to Burne in Amory's junior year of college?
4. What do Kerry and Amory do during their first college years for fun?
5. What is the title of the poem that Monsignor Darcy writes to Amory during the Interlude?
6. What do Amory and his friends choose to do at the end of Amory's junior year of college?
7. What does Amory do when he goes to the front lines for the first time?
8. How does Amory refer to himself and Tom when he writes to Tom during the Interlude?
9. How does Amory feel after confronting Burne about the changes he makes in Amory's junior year of college?
10. What does Amory decide he wants to be when he gets older in his last year of high school?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)