|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Amory get a ride from on the way home from a funeral?
(a) A stranger.
2. What does Amory say the ideal world would be based on?
3. How does Amory know Mrs. Lawrence?
(a) She knew his mother.
(b) She read some of his published work.
(c) She was his teacher.
(d) She is a friend of Monsignor Darcy.
4. How does one of Rosalind's former lovers describe her?
5. Whose wedding announcement does Amory see when he returns to New York?
6. What do the police print in the newspaper as a punishment to the hotel where Amory's acquaintance broke the law?
(a) The hotel's name.
(b) A full review of the hotel.
(c) The list of the hotel's employees.
(d) Amory's name.
7. What do Eleanor and Amory talk about during the summer?
(a) Their pasts.
(b) Their talents.
8. What dangerous thing does Rosalind do once at a swimming party?
(a) Pet a shark.
(b) Jumped off a building.
(c) Drank too much.
(d) A dive.
9. Why does Rosalind refuse Amory's proposal to her?
(a) She is in love with another man.
(b) She thinks he will cheat on her.
(c) He does not have money.
(d) Her father told her to.
10. What is Eleanor doing when Amory meets her?
(a) Reciting poetry.
(d) Playing a violin.
11. What is the name of the girl Amory's old acquaintance is with when he wakes up while traveling after his summer with Eleanor?
12. Where does the person who gives Amory a ride after the funeral tell him to look for work?
(a) Down South.
(b) Back East.
(c) The Midwest.
(d) Out West.
13. What does Amory confess to Rosalind the second time he sees her?
(a) He is a coward.
(b) He is not rich.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He hates her brother.
14. What does Amory try to do when he goes to quit his job after being rejected by Rosalind?
(a) Get a raise.
(b) Find information about Rosalind.
(c) Pick a fight.
(d) Get a promotion.
15. What is the only wealth that Amory has after he hears about Rosalind's wedding?
(a) His mother's jewels.
(b) His father's business.
(c) His reputation as a writer.
(d) His mother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Rosalind and Amory date?
2. How does Amory feel about the rest of his life when he is not with Mrs. Lawrence?
3. Which of these laws does Amory's acquaintance NOT break while Amory is traveling after his summer with Eleanor?
4. Who does Amory call out for when he falls asleep while traveling after his summer with Eleanor?
5. What is Rosalind's last name?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)