|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Amory see the wedding announcement of a past girlfriend when he returns to New York?
(a) His mailbox.
(b) A school bulletin.
(c) A garbage can.
(d) The newspaper.
2. What does Amory do when his old acquaintance is in danger of being arrested?
(a) He tells the police where the girl is.
(b) He hides the girl.
(c) He pays the police to not arrest him.
(d) He pretends to be the one with the girl.
3. Where does Amory go after his experience with Eleanor?
(a) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Atlantic City.
4. Where does Amory's old acquaintance hide the illegal substance he has when he runs into Amory?
(a) His car.
(b) His hat.
(c) His shoe.
(d) His luggage.
5. Where does Amory sleep while he is traveling after his summer with Eleanor?
(a) Tom's car.
(b) A bus station.
(c) Rosalind's house.
(d) Alec's hotel.
6. What do Amory's friends worry about him for after he is rejected by Rosalind?
(a) His depression.
(b) His poverty.
(c) His drinking.
(d) His lack of sleep.
7. What illegal substance is the old acquaintance of Amory's hiding when they run into each other?
(a) Snuffing powder.
8. What does Amory talk to Eleanor about after her dangerous experience?
(a) His feelings for her.
(c) Her beauty.
9. How long after their summer together do Amory and Eleanor send things to each other?
10. How does Amory feel about the rest of his life when he is not with Mrs. Lawrence?
(c) Like his old self.
(d) Energetic and hopeful.
11. What does Amory decide he wants to give to others?
12. What kind of connection do Amory and Eleanor have the minute they meet each other?
13. How does Amory know Mrs. Lawrence?
(a) She knew his mother.
(b) She is a friend of Monsignor Darcy.
(c) She was his teacher.
(d) She read some of his published work.
14. Whose wedding announcement does Amory see when he returns to New York?
15. Who introduces Rosalind to a group of suitable men to marry?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of man does Rosalind say she has to marry?
2. What is Rosalind's last name?
3. Who walks in on Rosalind and one of her suitors?
4. What does Amory confess to Rosalind the second time he sees her?
5. Who does Amory go to Amryland to visit?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)