|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amory talk to Eleanor about after her dangerous experience?
(a) His feelings for her.
(b) Her beauty.
2. Which of these laws does Amory's acquaintance get busted for breaking?
(a) He hit a woman.
(b) He drank alcohol.
(c) He had sex with a girl he was not married to.
(d) He stole some money.
3. What does Eleanor do when Amory tries to kiss her for the first time?
(b) Backs away.
(d) Slaps him.
4. What is Eleanor's last name?
5. Why does Amory have to find a new roommate after being rejected by Rosalind?
(a) Alec has moved out of the apartment.
(b) Amory quit his job.
(c) The rent price was raised.
(d) Rosalind took some of Amory's money.
6. Where does Amory sleep while he is traveling after his summer with Eleanor?
(a) Tom's car.
(b) Rosalind's house.
(c) A bus station.
(d) Alec's hotel.
7. Why does Rosalind refuse Amory's proposal to her?
(a) He does not have money.
(b) She thinks he will cheat on her.
(c) She is in love with another man.
(d) Her father told her to.
8. Who does Amory run into when he travels after his experience with Eleanor?
9. Where does Amory go after being rejected by Rosalind?
(b) A hotel.
(c) A bar.
(d) The ocean.
10. What do the police print in the newspaper as a punishment to the hotel where Amory's acquaintance broke the law?
(a) The list of the hotel's employees.
(b) Amory's name.
(c) A full review of the hotel.
(d) The hotel's name.
11. How old is Cecelia?
12. What causes Tom to leave the apartment he shares with Amory?
(a) Tom gets married.
(b) Tom gets a better job and an expensive apartment.
(c) Tom and Amory have a fight.
(d) Tom's mother dies.
13. What does Amory begin doing after he stops drinking?
14. What is the name of the girl Amory's old acquaintance is with when he wakes up while traveling after his summer with Eleanor?
15. Where is Eleanor raised?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Amory and Rosalind do when they first meet each other?
2. Who introduces Rosalind to a group of suitable men to marry?
3. Who walks in on Rosalind and one of her suitors?
4. What is the last name of the person who drives Amory home from the funeral?
5. What does Amory hear when he wakes up while traveling after his summer with Eleanor?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)