|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces Rosalind to a group of suitable men to marry?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandfather.
2. How does Amory feel about the rest of his life when he is not with Mrs. Lawrence?
(b) Energetic and hopeful.
(c) Like his old self.
3. What dangerous thing does Rosalind do once at a swimming party?
(a) Pet a shark.
(b) Jumped off a building.
(c) Drank too much.
(d) A dive.
4. What does Amory say about all of the social organizations he has been a part of?
(a) He depended on them.
(b) He needs them for happiness.
(c) He met his friends there.
(d) He disliked all of them.
5. What kind of man does Rosalind say she has to marry?
(a) A smart man.
(b) A kind man.
(c) A handsome man.
(d) A rich man.
6. Who does Amory avoid after he stops drinking?
(a) The Connages.
(b) Princeton students.
(c) Poor people.
(d) His old friends.
7. What does Eleanor have a reputation for in Baltimore?
(a) Getting hurt.
(b) Being an intimidating woman.
(c) Getting into trouble.
(d) Seducing men.
8. What do the police print in the newspaper as a punishment to the hotel where Amory's acquaintance broke the law?
(a) A full review of the hotel.
(b) The list of the hotel's employees.
(c) The hotel's name.
(d) Amory's name.
9. How long do Rosalind and Amory date?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
10. How many sisters does Alec have?
11. Where does Amory go after being rejected by Rosalind?
(b) A bar.
(c) The ocean.
(d) A hotel.
12. Who does Amory decide he wants to be like?
(a) Alec's father.
(b) Monsignor Darcy.
13. What is Eleanor's last name?
14. How long after their summer together do Amory and Eleanor send things to each other?
15. What is Amory doing when he meets Eleanor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts Amory when he gets back to his apartment after being rejected by Rosalind?
2. Who does Amory talk to to help him figure out what to do after hearing about Rosalind's wedding?
3. What does Eleanor do when Amory tries to kiss her for the first time?
4. What illegal substance is the old acquaintance of Amory's hiding when they run into each other?
5. What do Amory and the person who gives him a ride home after the funeral argue about?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)