|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amory start doing in bars after being rejected by Rosalind?
(d) Dealing drugs.
2. Whose wedding announcement does Amory see when he returns to New York?
3. How old is Cecelia?
4. Who does Amory avoid after he stops drinking?
(a) Poor people.
(b) Princeton students.
(c) His old friends.
(d) The Connages.
5. What do Amory's friends find for him after he is rejected by Rosalind?
(a) A place to sleep.
(b) A job.
(c) A typewriter.
(d) A new girlfriend.
6. What illegal substance is the old acquaintance of Amory's hiding when they run into each other?
(c) Snuffing powder.
7. Who confronts Amory when he gets back to his apartment after being rejected by Rosalind?
8. What do Amory and the person who gives him a ride home after the funeral argue about?
(b) The war.
(c) Class struggle.
9. What alias does the girl with Amory's acquaintance give the police?
10. Where does Amory go at the end of the book?
(a) A church.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) His apartment.
11. What does Amory write after he stops drinking?
(a) A short story.
(b) A novel.
(c) A declaration.
(d) A poem.
12. Why does Rosalind refuse Amory's proposal to her?
(a) She thinks he will cheat on her.
(b) Her father told her to.
(c) He does not have money.
(d) She is in love with another man.
13. What does Amory try to do when he goes to quit his job after being rejected by Rosalind?
(a) Get a raise.
(b) Find information about Rosalind.
(c) Pick a fight.
(d) Get a promotion.
14. What does Amory talk to Eleanor about after her dangerous experience?
(a) His feelings for her.
(b) Her beauty.
15. Which of these laws does Amory's acquaintance NOT break while Amory is traveling after his summer with Eleanor?
(a) He drank alchohol.
(b) He had sex with a girl he was not married to.
(c) He stole some money.
(d) He hit a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom write poetry about?
2. How long do Rosalind and Amory date?
3. What does Rosalind say she has power over?
4. What stops Amory's drinking?
5. Who does Amory talk to to help him figure out what to do after hearing about Rosalind's wedding?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)