|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season does Amory's father die?
2. Why does Princeton get so frustrated when Amory's friend joins a reform movement?
(a) He is neglecting his school work.
(b) Too many students are resigning from social clubs.
(c) Too much of his money is being spent on the reform.
(d) He is marching in protests on campus.
3. What disgusts Amory about the girls on Broadway?
(a) Their poor clothing.
(b) Their painted faces.
(c) Their loose morals.
(d) Their ignorance.
4. Why does Amory back out of a date with a chorus girl?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He misses Isabelle.
(c) He has to study.
(d) She is too poor.
5. What has Burne become when Amory returns from his visit to Clara?
(a) A Democrat.
(b) A Libertarian.
(c) A Socialist.
(d) A Pacifist.
6. What day of the week does Amory express his feelings to Clara?
7. Where do Amory's parents live?
(a) Lake Geneva.
(b) River Genoa.
(c) Grainville River.
(d) Lake Greenwich.
8. Who does Amory write to in the Interlude?
(c) Monsignor Darcy.
9. What brings Amory so much comfort on the Princeton campus?
(a) His friends are there.
(b) There are no women.
(c) His belongings are there.
(d) Everyone there is wealthy.
10. What is Amory's mother's name?
11. How does Dick die?
(a) War wound.
(b) Drug overdose.
(d) Car accident.
12. What is the girl who Amory sees while visiting Minneapolis famous for?
(a) Kissing boys.
(d) Writing poetry.
13. What year of college is Amory in when one of his friends joins a reform movement?
14. What does the club that Amory joins after WWI start to do?
(a) Put on plays.
(b) Organize dances.
(c) Writes letters.
(d) Plans parties.
15. Who has a premonition about Amory in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Amory when he gets back to Princeton after being disgusted by the atmosphere on Broadway?
2. When does Amory visit Monsignor Darcy when he is in danger of failing some college courses?
3. What does Amory consider doing as a career during his first weeks at college?
4. How many letters are included in the Interlude?
5. Who does Burne walk with when he hears about the reform movement?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)