|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Amory when he gets sick when he is 13?
(a) On a train.
(b) On a ship.
(c) On a bus.
(d) On a plane.
2. Who does Amory talk to before he leaves to go to his new school?
(a) Reverend Darcy.
(b) Father Darcy.
(c) Cardinal Darcy.
(d) Monsignor Darcy.
3. What sport does Amory try to play in college?
4. What does Amory think of all the kids he goes to school with?
(a) They are conceited and self-centered.
(b) They will always be better than him.
(c) They are not worth his time.
(d) They are not as good as he is.
5. Who does the person writing Amory in the Interlude say he will be fighting against?
(a) A foreign king.
(b) Hatred in all forms.
(c) The chaos in the world.
6. Where do Amory and Isabelle have their first fight?
(a) Isabelle's house.
(d) The beach.
7. How does Amory feel after his first night at college?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He is impressed.
(c) He is intimidated.
(d) He is confused.
8. How is Amory comforted when he gets back to Princeton after being disgusted by the atmosphere on Broadway?
(a) He studies for a test.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He writes about it.
(d) He reads some literature.
9. What is the title of the piece that is included in the letter Amory gets in the Interlude?
(a) A Lament for a Foster Son.
(b) A Psalm of Love.
(c) The Shepherd's Prayer.
(d) A Warning to My Boy.
10. What is the name of the first friend Amory makes at his boarding house in college?
11. Who greets Amory when he gets back to Princeton after being disgusted by the atmosphere on Broadway?
12. How does Amory get back to Princeton after being disgusted by the atmosphere on Broadway?
(a) He takes a train.
(b) He hitchhikes.
(c) He rides a bike.
(d) He walks.
13. What does the person who writes Amory in the Interlude warn him of?
(a) He will lose many friends.
(b) The woman he loves will betray him.
(c) His mother is not well.
(d) He will come back from the war changed forever.
14. What year of college is Amory in when WWI starts?
15. Where does Amory meet the chorus girl he is supposed to date?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amory wake up after his drunken night in New York?
2. What is the girl who Amory sees while visiting Minneapolis famous for?
3. What has Burne become when Amory returns from his visit to Clara?
4. What college does Amory choose to attend?
5. What disgusts Amory about the girls on Broadway?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)