|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Burne become when Amory returns from his visit to Clara?
(a) A Pacifist.
(b) A Socialist.
(c) A Libertarian.
(d) A Democrat.
2. Why is Amory not able to play the sport he wants to in college?
(a) He did not make the team.
(b) He was unhappy with the coach.
(c) He got injured.
(d) He was too busy.
3. Who has a premonition about Amory in New York?
4. What is Burne's last name?
5. Why does Amory back out of a date with a chorus girl?
(a) She is too poor.
(b) He misses Isabelle.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He has to study.
6. How is Clara related to Amory?
(a) They are childhood friends.
(b) They are third cousins.
(c) Amory is Clara's stepbrother.
(d) Clara is Amory's aunt.
7. Who does Amory write to in the Interlude?
(a) Monsignor Darcy.
8. When does Amory visit Monsignor Darcy when he is in danger of failing some college courses?
(b) Independence Day.
(d) Columbus Day.
9. What does Amory choose to do at the end of his school year after his visit to Clara?
(a) Move to Europe.
(b) Join the war.
(c) Travel across the country.
(d) Quit school.
10. Where do Amory's parents live?
(a) River Genoa.
(b) Lake Geneva.
(c) Grainville River.
(d) Lake Greenwich.
11. What year of college is Amory in when one of his friends joins a reform movement?
12. Who writes to Amory about Clara?
(c) Monsignor Darcy.
13. Where does Clara live?
(c) Washington D.C.
14. Who tells Amory's friend that Princeton is unhappy with his reform movement?
(c) The dean.
(d) The police.
15. What does Amory do when he goes to the war front for the first time?
(a) Says a prayer.
(c) Kills a man.
(d) Writes a poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amory have his strongest connection to?
2. Who does the person writing Amory in the Interlude say he will be fighting against?
3. What does Amory do when he is in danger of failing some college courses?
4. What is the name of the first friend Amory makes at his boarding house in college?
5. What does Amory tell Monsignor Darcy when he visits him during his troubles at Princeton?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)