|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Amory not able to kiss the girl he sees while visiting Minneapolis while in college?
(a) He gets nervous.
(b) She refuses.
(c) They are interrupted.
(d) Her boyfriend shows up.
2. What year of college is Amory in when one of his friends joins a reform movement?
3. Who does Amory talk to before he leaves to go to his new school?
(a) Cardinal Darcy.
(b) Reverend Darcy.
(c) Father Darcy.
(d) Monsignor Darcy.
4. Who does the person writing Amory in the Interlude say he will be fighting against?
(b) A foreign king.
(c) Hatred in all forms.
(d) The chaos in the world.
5. What day of the week does Amory express his feelings to Clara?
6. What club does Amory join after WWI starts?
(a) The Square Club.
(b) The Diamond Club.
(c) The Pentagon Club.
(d) The Triangle Club.
7. What does Amory think after he and Isabelle have their first fight?
(a) She might dump him.
(b) The relationship is over.
(c) The relationship is harder than he thought it would be.
(d) They need time to cool off.
8. What does Amory have his strongest connection to?
9. What brings Amory so much comfort on the Princeton campus?
(a) His friends are there.
(b) There are no women.
(c) Everyone there is wealthy.
(d) His belongings are there.
10. What is Amory doing when he receives a letter in the Interlude?
(a) Training for war.
(b) Writing a book.
(c) Attending a funeral.
(d) Performing in a play.
11. Who does Amory yell at when he becomes disgusted with the atmosphere on Broadway?
(c) Fred Sloane.
(d) The chorus girl.
12. Where does Kerry go when he joins the war?
13. Who does Amory write to in the Interlude?
(b) Monsignor Darcy.
14. Why does Clara not want to be with Amory?
(a) She never wants to marry again.
(b) He is too immature.
(c) He is not rich enough.
(d) They are related.
15. What does the club that Amory joins after WWI start to do?
(a) Organize dances.
(b) Plans parties.
(c) Put on plays.
(d) Writes letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amory do that makes him enjoy college again?
2. What happens when Amory first sees Clara when he visits her?
3. What does Amory do really well while in school?
4. Where is Amory when he gets a letter in the Interlude?
5. Where does Clara live?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)