Book 1, Chapter 1
• Amory Blain is raised by his mother Beatrice, who spoils him and travels with him to entertain him.
• When he is 13, Amory's appendix bursts as he is heading to Europe on a ship.
• He is rushed to the U.S. for emergency surgery, and then goes to Minneapolis to live with his aunt and uncle.
• Amory makes friends with a boy named Froggy, but does not do well in school.
• At a party, Amory kisses Myrna once and she gets mad when he won't kiss her again.
• Amory likes to read, but not the books assigned to him in school.
• When he is 15, he asks his mother to send him to a boarding school. She sends him to St. Regis in Connecticut.
• Amory does not do well in school, but plays football well.
• He goes to New York to play and decides he wants to make...
This section contains 1,494 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)