|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old did Hawk Flies at Night say he was when he was first out on his own?
2. What did Captain Gray play?
3. What food did Hawk Flies at Night share with the boys and Emmy?
4. In Chapter 25, what ailments did Sister Eve cure?
5. Where was Hawk Flies at Night working running cattle before he got let go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sister Eve look like when she was speaking and singing in Chapter 23?
2. How did Sister Eve persuade Albert and Mose to join the crusade?
3. What did the police do when the raided the tent community in Chapter 40?
4. Why were Sioux Indians hanged in 1862?
5. What did the man who was sitting next to Odie at the crusade want, and how did Odie help?
6. In Chapter 41, who were the police looking for?
7. In Chapter 47, why did the boys and Emmy have to leave again?
8. What was the Federal Kidnapping Act or the Lindberg Law?
9. What were Odie's thoughts at the end of Chapter 34?
10. Who were the Schofields?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The boys and Emmy experienced kindness during their trip. Who were some people who were kind to them? How did these kindnesses make life more bearable?
Essay Topic 2
Odie thought that he killed two men in Part 1 and Part 2. Were the deaths self-defense? How did Odie feel about the deaths? Why did he feel that way?
Essay Topic 3
Odie found a skeleton of an Indian boy. Why did the skeleton upset Mose? What did Mose insist on doing with the skeleton? What did the skeleton reveal about the importance of one’s ancestry?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)