|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, where did Odie shoot Jack?
2. In Chapter 3, how far was Mrs. Frost's property from Lincoln?
3. At Lincoln School, how often during a year did the students get a new pair of shoes?
4. What did Odie and Miss Stratton play at Cora Frost's funeral?
5. In Chapter 16, who did Jack tell a policeman that Emmy looked like?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, why did Odie go to the Frost farm?
2. In Chapter 13, how does Odie get three pairs of Red Wing Pershing boots for $15?
3. What did Odie find in the woods by an old oak tree in Chapter 19?
4. How did Odie feel about shooting Jack?
5. What did Odie find in the attic in Chapter 18?
6. Why was Odie thrown into the quiet room for the first time?
7. In the Prologue, what does Odie say about the story he is about to tell?
8. In Chapter 17, what work did the boys do for the wild pig scarer?
9. How did DiMarco die?
10. In Chapter 11, what did Odie do before they left?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The climax in a novel is the highest point of tension and a turning point. What is the climax of the novel and why is that incident the climax?
Essay Topic 2
Odie thought that he killed two men in Part 1 and Part 2. Were the deaths self-defense? How did Odie feel about the deaths? Why did he feel that way?
Essay Topic 3
When students misbehaved, they were put in what was called the quiet room. How often was Odie locked in the quiet room? What did the room come to represent for him?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)