|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, where were the Red Wing Pershing boots made?
2. At the end of Chapter 16, what did the boys get to eat?
(a) Eggs and ham.
(b) Scrambled eggs and potatoes.
(c) Ham and potatoes.
(d) Bread and cheese.
3. In Chapter 14, how far were Mose and Emmy from where Albert and Odie left them?
(a) 3/4 mile.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) 1/2 mile.
(d) 1/4 mile.
4. What did Odie and Miss Stratton play at Cora Frost's funeral?
(a) When Peace Like a River.
(c) Rock of Ages.
(d) How Great Thou Art.
5. How much older was Albert than Odie?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
6. In Chapter 11, where did Odie go right before he and the others left the school?
(b) Carpentry shop.
7. From what book did Albert name the rat in the quiet room?
(a) East of Eden.
(b) Great Expectations.
(c) Animal Farm.
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo.
8. In the Prologue, where does Odie O'Banion live?
9. How did Odie get in the Brickmans' house in Chapter 10?
(a) Basement window.
(b) First floor window.
(c) Skeleton key.
(d) Back door.
10. In Chapter 14, where did a little girl tell Odie was the next town where the train would stop?
(a) Sioux Falls.
(b) Grand Rapids.
11. Where did DiMarco die?
(a) Bell tower.
12. How old did Odie remember that he was when his mom gave him a songbook for his birthday?
13. In Chapter 15, what did the wild pig scarer have the boys do?
(a) Build a fence.
(b) Mow grass.
(c) Work in the orchard.
(d) Cut and haul firewood.
14. How much did Albert say that Herman charged for a pint of moonshine?
(b) 75 cents.
(c) 50 cents.
15. In Chapter 11, what did Volz give Odie and the others before they left?
(a) Coats and food.
(b) Food and water bag.
(c) Food and blankets.
(d) Blankets and water bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what was the name of the Fremont County Sheriff?
2. At Lincoln School, how often during a year did the students get a new pair of shoes?
3. In Chapter 3, how long had Andrew Frost been dead?
4. In Chapter 19, what type of tree did Mose, Odie, and Jack cut for the still?
5. When Odie and Albert were first put in the quiet room, how long had their father been dead?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)