Part 1: God Is a Tornado
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Krueger, Author First Name. William Kent. Atria Books, 2019. Hardcover.
• In the Prologue, Odie O’Banion introduces himself as a storyteller, and he says that his great-grandchildren call him old.
• He says that he will tell the story of when he was 12-years-old and living in Fremont County, Minnesota.
• In Chapter 1, Odie told about the rat his brother Albert called Faria.
• He and Albert had been tossed into the quiet room at the Lincoln Indian Training School.
• The place was an old military outpost, and the quiet room was a cell then.
• It was the boys’ first night at the school.
• Albert was 12 and Odie was 8.
• Mrs. Brickman, the school’s superintendent had told the children the story of the turtle and the hare.
• She said the story was about laziness...
This section contains 12,158 words
(approx. 41 pages at 300 words per page)