|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On page 220, what time does WIndy's grandmother say it is?
2. What question does a boy ask on page 212 that embarrasses Jenny?
3. What does the guide ask everyone to do on page 207?
4. Where do Rose and Windy visit with Windy's mom and grandmother on page 204?
5. How many children does Jodie want?
Short Essay Questions
1. On page 144, what does Rose tell Windy happened the night before?
2. On page 179, why does Rose suddenly leave Windy's cabin?
3. What do Rose and Windy discuss about snoring when they are washing their hair in the lake?
4. What news does Rose's father tell her on page 164, and how does Rose react?
5. What happens when Daniel tries to get Alice to go swimming?
6. Who is at Brewster's when Rose and Windy rent a movie on page 234, and why does Rose get embarrassed?
7. Why does Rose run home on page 197?
8. On page 232, why does a man with a dog speak to Rose?
9. What project did Rose do with her family three years ago?
10. Who comforts Jenny when she is crying at the Heritage Museum and how does he comfort her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is an incident at the village when Rose and Windy visit. What happens and why is the incident such a big deal to Jenny and to Rose?
Essay Topic 2
Rose uses the word slut on pages 239 and 241. Why does the Rose's use of that word bother Windy so much and how does it affect the girls' relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Duncan has been avoiding Jenny since she told him she is pregnant. How does Duncan feel about the pregnancy? Does he really think the baby isn't his or is he struggling with responsibility issues?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)