|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dancing does Windy show Rose on page 174?
2. How many children does Jodie want?
3. How many rocks did Rose collect three years ago and pile on the porch?
4. What does Rose knock over on page 140?
5. What is on top of the counter where Rose waits on page 203?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Rose and Windy find in the place where Duncan and his friends hangout?
2. What project did Rose do with her family three years ago?
3. What did Evan say about the weather at the lake when Rose was little and why the weather was bad sometimes?
4. Who comforts Jenny when she is crying at the Heritage Museum and how does he comfort her?
5. What news does Rose's father tell her on page 164, and how does Rose react?
6. What do Rose and Alice argue about on pages 226-230?
7. Why doesn't Rose take her stuff up to her cottage on page 162?
8. On pages 207-208, what does a guide want visitors to imagine?
9. How is the private part of Awago Beach different from where Windy and Rose's cabins are located?
10. What happens when Daniel tries to get Alice to go swimming?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Pages 66-130, Evan and Alice have an argument. What effect does the argument have upon Rose and why?
Essay Topic 2
In the section of pages 130-201, Rose's aunt and uncle visit. Why do Rose's aunt and uncle come to visit and what happens that causes them to leave early?
Essay Topic 3
Evan and Alice are struggling with their relationship throughout the novel. What types of struggles do they have and what helps them to keep their relationship strong?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)