|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Windy say Rose will catch if she touches anything on page 153?
2. Where is Windy's dad working this summer?
3. What does Windy do when she sees her mother coming on page 146?
4. On page 211, who do Windy and Rose see working at the living history museum?
5. On page 144, what does Rose say her mom is doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Rose's father tell her on page 164, and how does Rose react?
2. Who is at Brewster's when Rose and Windy rent a movie on page 234, and why does Rose get embarrassed?
3. What is it like at Heritage Village when Rose and Windy check in with Evelyn and Windy's grandmother?
4. Why does Jenny begin crying at the Heritage Village?
5. What happens when Daniel tries to get Alice to go swimming?
6. What did Evan say about the weather at the lake when Rose was little and why the weather was bad sometimes?
7. Why does Windy think that Duncan's girlfriend is pregnant?
8. How is the private part of Awago Beach different from where Windy and Rose's cabins are located?
9. What does Windy do on page 146 when she sees her mother coming?
10. What do Rose and Alice argue about on pages 226-230?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rose seems to hope that Jenny is cheating on Duncan. Why does Rose seem to hope that Jenny is pregnant and what does that have to do with any feelings she has for Duncan?
Essay Topic 2
In Pages 66-130, Evan and Alice have an argument. What effect does the argument have upon Rose and why?
Essay Topic 3
Rose and Windy experience some things for the first time. What are the experiences they have in pages 1-65, and how do those experiences affect the girls?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)