|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Windy say Rose will catch if she touches anything on page 153?
2. What game does Windy get out on page 146?
3. Where is the medal from that Rose finds on the ground on page 155?
4. What question does a boy ask on page 212 that embarrasses Jenny?
5. On page 207, what is the little boy's name who is told to stop fiddling and listen?
Short Essay Questions
1. On page 232, why does a man with a dog speak to Rose?
2. Why does Jenny begin crying at the Heritage Village?
3. On page 144, what does Rose tell Windy happened the night before?
4. What does Rose say about her aunt and uncle having kids of their own?
5. Who is at Brewster's when Rose and Windy rent a movie on page 234, and why does Rose get embarrassed?
6. Why does Windy think that Duncan's girlfriend is pregnant?
7. On page 179, why does Rose suddenly leave Windy's cabin?
8. What do Rose and Alice argue about on pages 226-230?
9. What happens when Daniel tries to get Alice to go swimming?
10. Why does Rose think Jenny is cheating on Duncan, but Windy doesn't think Jenny is cheating.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rose seems to hope that Jenny is cheating on Duncan. Why does Rose seem to hope that Jenny is pregnant and what does that have to do with any feelings she has for Duncan?
Essay Topic 2
The novel shifts from the past to the present. What effect do things that happened in the past have to do with what is occurring as the novel unfolds, and are the characters able to move beyond events that have happened in the past?
Essay Topic 3
Rose's family is struggling throughout the novel. How do the struggles affect Rose and how does she deal with the struggles?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)