|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rose's father say that seeing her "official" birthplace makes him feel?
2. What color is Rose's hair?
3. What is the name of the Turkey Hatchery the family passes as they drive to Awago Beach?
4. Who in Rose's class threw up when they watched a movie that showed an animal giving birth?
5. How long have Rose and Windy been friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ron Tomlinson throw up when Rose was in second grade?
2. How did Rose learn to open her eyes under water when she swam, and how did she feel about her new found skill?
3. What do Alice and Evan argue about on pages 99-101?
4. What did Rose used to do with her father when she was little?
5. What do Evan and Alice disagree on when they first arrive at Awago Beach?
6. Why does Evan invite Rose to go down to the beach and look at the stars on page 103?
7. Why does Duncan call Windy Hip Hop?
8. How does Rose explain the argument between her parents on page 106?
9. What do the Wallaces have for dessert on page 93?
10. What do Windy and Rose do as the watch their first scary movie together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rose's family is struggling throughout the novel. How do the struggles affect Rose and how does she deal with the struggles?
Essay Topic 2
Rose and Windy experience some things for the first time. What are the experiences they have in pages 1-65, and how do those experiences affect the girls?
Essay Topic 3
Windy and Rose have been friends for a long time. How is their friendship tested during this summer and how do they keep their friendship intact?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)