|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Windy do while Rose makes something on pages 68-69?
2. Who taught Rose to open her eyes under water?
3. How many DVDs does Windy say are available at Brewster's?
4. How old does Windy think Duncan is?
5. What movie does Windy have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stores are open in Awago Beach?
2. How does Rose get to Windy's house and what does she do on the way?
3. Why does Alice drop a dish on page 97?
4. What do the Wallaces have for dessert on page 93?
5. What did Rose think about milkweed the first time she saw it?
6. Who is Windy and how long has Rose known her?
7. What does Windy's mother do for a living?
8. When Rose and Windy first meet up and catch up, what have they each done so far this summer?
9. What game do the girls start to play on page 75, and how is it played?
10. What do Alice and Evan argue about on pages 99-101?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evan and Alice are struggling with their relationship throughout the novel. What types of struggles do they have and what helps them to keep their relationship strong?
Essay Topic 2
Rose grows and matures in the novel. What are some events and situation that help Rose come of age and how does each incident make her stronger?
Essay Topic 3
Rose's family is struggling throughout the novel. How do the struggles affect Rose and how does she deal with the struggles?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)